Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVII

Yeah, and don't forget that famous GA humidity come July and August!

S'been hangin' around over here of late, along with those high temps. Went to the buy & sell at our Gold Coast club on Sunday, by the time I'd set up my table, my shirt was drenched.

Good morning, America, how are ya!? It's 34° this morning, with a predicted high near 40° and a chance of light rain.

The wife and I finally got our shingles shots yesterday and visited our daughter and one of our granddaughters. We went out to eat with our daughter after dropping our youngest granddaughter off for her swim practice.

Tried a new place that opened about two weeks ago. Nothing fancy, just a little rustic maybe, with awesome food!!! Plus the prices were reasonable, about the same as Chilli' s or Applebee's, with food that blows them out of the water! Nice to have a place to eat with good food and good prices. That's something that has been in short supply locally for a while.

Good Morning Y'all! I see everyone found the new place. It's sunrise here at the Jersey Shore, with a temperature of 25°. There is a threat of snow this afternoon.

Karl, nice photo. The "Capitol Limited" 10-6 arrived yesterday, nice looking car. I think the Budd 16-4 is due next.

Hey 113, how about a picture of a young Katherine Hepburn? A lot of people don't associate her as a hottie but a smart, classy woman with good looks is a hard combination to beat!

She was a 'dish' as well Bob, wasn't she? ;):D:eek:

IMG_20150121_131117_zpsyfxdibr8.jpg

Looks like I got in here late this morning. 25 and cloudy this morning. Talking about morning, good morning all. Hooters ???? Hooters ???? We don't have a Hooters in our are up here, but I do know where a good one is, right across the street from Daytona International Speedway. Counting the days. Will probably be leaving around February 15th.

I saw my first race at Daytona in 1957 when they were still racing on the sand on the beach and also saw the first race at the Speedway. We do try to make 2 or three races each year. It gives us an excuse for a road trip and also usually stop and visit other model railroaders on these trips. I also like to find good hobby shops on these trips. It's nice to have on line retailers, but there no comparison to foraging through a good model railroad shop.

attachment.php

I saw my first race at Daytona in 1957 when they were still racing on the sand on the beach and also saw the first race at the Speedway. We do try to make 2 or three races each year. It gives us an excuse for a road trip and also usually stop and visit other model railroaders on these trips. I also like to find good hobby shops on these trips. It's nice to have on line retailers, but there no comparison to foraging through a good model railroad shop.

attachment.php

Just going for some glue, brushes, need some decals.....end up buying half the shop! lol

Not quite half the shop. I pretty well know what I want and need and keep a running list. Adhesives, detail parts, scenery goodies and usually don't get carried away. Thankfully I have most of what I need in the way of locomotives and rolling stock, but that doesn't mean that a can't have a weak moment.

Not quite half the shop. I pretty well know what I want and need and keep a running list. Adhesives, detail parts, scenery goodies and usually don't get carried away. Thankfully I have most of what I need in the way of locomotives and rolling stock, but that doesn't mean that a can't have a weak moment.

.....with something, only by chance falling down on the counter, just like that, with an almost outside the body experience, you see that card coming up.....find its way to the....you know...

Just saying...;):D

Good Morning--

+21 and it will be mild weather for the next 7 days. That freezing rain out east looked pretty dicey.

No pics of cars or girls to share---I guess my wife has me " trained."

We don't have a Hooters in our are up here, but I do know where a good one is, right across the street from Daytona International Speedway. Counting the days. Will probably be leaving around February 15th.

Awesome! You gonna be there?
You flying or driving there? If you are driving you'll come within about a mile from my house. Be sure to stop on by for a beer! I might could put you up for the night even. It's about 7 hours drive to Daytona from here.

I hope this will be Jr.'s year! I thought last year was going to be it for sure. They keep changing the dam points system. One day I hear he's first in points. Two weeks or so later I hear he's out of the chase. What's up with that? I don't have TV anymore so I never/rarely get to see a race anymore.
Go 88!!
E

I appreciate the offer. Transportation is a private jet, unfortunately, or for me fortunately as I have given up flying commercially if at all possible. Sure not what it used to be. As I mentioned, we to try to make a few races each year and I will look you up if we get any where near the Atlanta area. Even the Talledega track is close enough. We usually drive but years back I did a bit of road racing and met and made good friends with some other race fans when I was on the Florida Highway Patrol. This is an annual trip that a friend in Washington state does and picks me and another friend up on the way to Daytona. It's the only way to fly, no TSA and their BS.

By Bruette, regarding Katherine Hepburn;

She still looked pretty good in Rooster Cogburn and what a classy lady! That is what I call a movie star!

Totally agree! She was a bright spot in any movie she was in. Spencer Tracy and her were an unbeatable combination. She was fantastic with Henry Fonda in On Golden Pond, too.

They did a great job with the remake of True Grit, to my surprise, but I am biased because I am a huge John Wayne fan.

I don't think they could do a remake Rooster Cogburn because who could play Katherine Hepburn's part? I don't think anyone could.

Time for me to get ready to go to MB Klein. I would have been there when they opened, but I am picking up my boys from school today and I don't want to go out, come back and go out again. I maybe getting old, but I still try to be efficient.

Enjoy your day everybody!

Back