Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLV

Jeffery- Glad to see you are an inspiration to the other patients as well as to those of us on this forum!
Keep us posted as you progress.
I 'm happy to see that our prayers for you have been effective.

Jeffery- Glad to see you are an inspiration to the other patients as well as to those of us on this forum!
Keep us posted as you progress.
I 'm happy to see that our prayers for you have been effective.
Thanks. One thing that stands out here is that my determination and mobility is greater than that of patients who have all their limbs. I can move from my bed to my wheelchair with little effort as well as dress myself unattended. The biggest challenge is getting from the chair to the toilet and back. For that the use of my left knee is key.

Good evening,

Say Jeffrey: It's great to hear your doing so well both as you stated above and on the prior page. It's great that you are an inspiration to the others and more so that you want your independence back. You'll get their I'm sure. Your positive thinking is key along with your sense of humor. The crab shake routine in answering the phone is really funny! Way to go!

Good morning gang....
Just in, two more shift and then weekend again.

Wish you all a pleasant day...

Btw, how's this for a lash up?

7615.1313030968_zpsrburehed.jpg

.....and I love this pic, sad as it may be..

6120.1364702699_zpscqs02qep.jpg

The Milwaukee Road is ending its operations in the western United States. This is the 2nd to the last train, which is heading east with a collection of the remaining motive power and rolling stock from Tide Flats yard in Tacoma, WA. Even with 5 engines, the train is struggling as it crosses Mine Creek Bridge...

What as sight this railroad must been, in its heyday and all its glory!.....oh well, better late than never they say...:D

LEampW_depot_WALKERTON_IN.png

Good Morning! Today is Wed 11/5/14.

Mild with a high of 57. Working around the house early and going to a concert in Indy later today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good Morning Everybody!

53 and cloudy in Baltimore, high of 64 forecasted.

Jeffery you are the MAN!

Great pictures everybody, thank you.

Good morning folks.

It's cloudy with average temps. They keep forecasting winter like temps for later in the week but it keeps getting pushed out later in the week! That's fine, one day says high of 28. Dang, it's too early for that nonsense.

Jeffrey, keep up the good work.

I finally got my garage ready for winter yesterday. The sawhorses from staining all summer are hung on the wall. The card board used as a massive drop cloth is ready for recycling. Garden hoses, planters, and leftover trim are in the attic. I swept it all out and deemed it done! This has been nagging me for a while so it's nice to get done. I feel like I'm a squirrel trying to gather my nuts!;)

Time to get ready for work. Have a good day everyone.

Man all the Milwaukee pic is getting to me , im gonna wanba
Start modeling that road lol
Just a wee gentle push, in the right direction....;):D

9669.1386279827-2_zpsdhulvntc.jpg

Rebuilt from wrecked GP9 256 that was involved in a rear end collision in Chicago looks brand new as it sits ready for duty as a GP20. The 971 was from the last batch of rebuilt GP9's the Milwaukee did in its West Milwaukee Shops in the 70's. Photo taken in the south lot near the Milwaukee Diesel House...

6133.1376735229_zpsxthijsgh.jpg

When new units arrived in Milwaukee they were sanded fueled and equipped with everything the Milwaukee Road wanted on them then the Hostlers would take them to the West Yard across from Muskego(5 rings) to be weighed. The reason being the Engineman's agreements paid all locomotives per weight on drivers derived from the steam days. Hence...the more the unit weighed the more pay the Locomotive Engineer and Fireman made. A couple of Milwaukee's last SD's are seen here waiting to hit the scales.

2953.1404989586_zpshgflajtu.jpg

We're stopped at Watertown,WI. with a fresh from rebuild SD10. The Milwaukee would get a unit out of the back shops and place it in captive service to get the bugs out. Captive service meaning the unit would return to Milwaukee at the end of the day versus ending up somewhere that the West Milwaukee shop boys couldn't tweek what needed to be tweeked...

Back in the late 60's I got to ride behind one of these. These were great locomotives too. I was in the service at the time and traveled from Florida to New London, CT and part of the trip was behind it. If it's an electric locomotice, I like them.

attachment.php

Nothing like seeing a Little Joe running the streets in Michigan City, IN either. We used to travel there to visit relatives.

attachment.php

Good afternoon all,
I voted too and sure glad to see things swung in the right direction. I'm sure this nation will once get back on Track. Pun Intended !

Note to Mod/s
Interestingly enough I only attempted to posted this one time and was immediately told I needed to wait 30 secsonds between posts!??
I still haven't been able to figure out how to wait between a non-existent post and the one I just attempted to post for the 1st time? If anyone can enlighten me I'd really be appreciative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toot ... That's funny. .... I doubt the engine was built that way at the factory. .... MILW was known as the "Resourceful Railroad".

David ... I think you were asking about who makes the best RS3. I'm not sure which is the best, but I like the oldr Atlas ? Kato model I have. .... It may depend on which railroad you want.

Milwaukee 113 .... I like the photos. ... If you look closely at the second Little Joe electric, you can see it is one with the cab closed off. The windshield area has sheet metal covering it. These locomotives had cab control removed at one end to save maintenance costs during final years of service.

Montanan .... I, too, road behind GG!'s when I was young. Also, I saw the South Shore Little Joe's running on streets in Michigan City. I recall riding the South Shore interurban train from Chicago to Michigan City.

Other memories are some trips on the Burlington Twin City Zephyr with either E5's or E7's ... This photo has E5's which looked as good as an E-unit could look.

e5-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures everyone, thank you!

Montanan, you beat me to the punch with the picture of the GG1, that is my kind of electric locomotive.

When I was young we sometimes played baseball on a field next to the electrified PRR tracks (Penn Central in my youth). The tracks were just beyond the left field fence. I wish I had paid more attention to the trains when I was young.

GRL493269.jpg

Good night everybody!

Evening All,

Did some house cleaning today and we ran to the Navy Exchange to get some early Christmas shopping done. Peggy came over with the kids after school and we all had supper before they headed home.

Tomorrow MOH has a doctor appointment first thing in the morning and I have a club business meeting during the evening. My Dad started his radiation treatments today for his prostrate cancer. They project him being done on 3 Jan, going 5 days a week. he said everything went smoothly today.

Hope everybody has a good night.

Evening Gents:

Here in the upper Great Plains the snow is sticking to the grass....so you can imagine it's about 32 degrees about now.

The "brick exhaust stack" on the MILW GP20? Well, I'm sure there's a story that could be spun here if we really tried hard enough! The fresh paint smell must have been nice on the GP20 and SD10!

Hi Y'all!

I survived the MRI without freaking out. Even with wear plugs, that thing was LOUD!. Now to set an appointment to see the Ortho guy.

Jeffrey, keep up the good work!

too pooped to pop now, guess I'll settle in, til tomorrow!

Back