Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLV

I don't mind snow or cold, but.....if they'd get the winters that I'm used to in the 'old country', UK would...well, stop! lol

What do you do, when you wake up in the middle of the night....you read! ;)

DSC_1319_zpshbaehbc4.jpg

A short time ago I had a 68 year od man telling me he couldn't get off a coach and onto his wheelchair. I'm a super positive thinker! Don't tell me you CAN'T do something. This guy has all his limbs and he has the ability to do it. But he chooses to whine about not being able to do it because he's afraid of getting hurt, so he atrracts someone to help him do something I do ten times a day, at least. I can bathe, clothe and if needed feed myself UNAIDED and I have no legs! Another man demanded that I get him a cup of coffee. I looked him in the eye and said that if I, a man with no legs can get coffee for myself there's no reason he can't get his own coffee. He's just too lazy to do it! And if he doesn't like it he can kiss my butt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, just sneaked into the kitchen and put a fresh pot of coffee on, Swedish style, I hope that it's not too strong for you.....I've been told that my coffee is good to remove rust and clear clogged pipes, so....you've been warned! ;)

1722.1269076645_zpsio2moowh.jpg

On a frigid Feb. day D&M 975 is trying to get some loaded coal hoppers onto the Chief Wawatam at Mackinaw City. The coal was bound from West Virginia to Algoma Steel at Sault Ste. Marie and was part of a 300 car move that was hauled up on the Michigan Northern. It was the Chiefs largest amount of freight in a number of years. The Chief has a good head of steam built up and will soon be doing battle with the ice clogged Straits of Mackinac.

I worked on the layout today laying more track.

Anybody have aver model railroad plans for the weekend?

Hi Garry, Yes I've already started to work on my layout, also laying more rail as well as working on a couple Old Time Teakettles to get them brought close enough up to what looks realistic and rig up a tow bar and coupler arrangement to be able to hook two together. I also should try and extend the bench work so I can continue the main line. Being that I had to revamp my mine situation for the second mine I have to change my track plan a bit to accommodate it.

Have an enjoyable weekend!

Nice and sunny morning so far, here in Glasgow....

7644.1362781026_zps7mxigbpd.jpg

Early Alcos on steam-bastion N&W meet at Pounding Mill, Va. on N&W's Clinch Valley line between Bluefield, W. Va. and Norton, Va. Eastbound RS-11 312 waits in the siding for 329 and its mates westward to clear

Nice and sunny morning so far, here in Glasgow....

7644.1362781026_zps7mxigbpd.jpg

Early Alcos on steam-bastion N&W meet at Pounding Mill, Va. on N&W's Clinch Valley line between Bluefield, W. Va. and Norton, Va. Eastbound RS-11 312 waits in the siding for 329 and its mates westward to clear
Those are the earlier 251-powered ALCos. By delaying dieselization until nearly 1960, N&W was able to bypass the entire 244 era, and the problems with that engine.

Good Morning! Today is Sat 11/8/14.

Chance of rain with a high of 48. Working around the house today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good morning. It's clear and 31.
I am taking the dog to the vet, then taking my wife and brother to do battle with Walmart. Hopefully they will have the mess from last time cleaned up, so my wife can knock more stuff down and run over more toes with the scooter...

Good morning everybody, it's sunny & calm but the temp is hovering right around the freezing mark here in my central MD neighborhood. (Friday was miserable - low 40's with a 15mph north wind, yuk!)

Jeff, someday that rehab may end up hiring you as a coach for the newly-disabled!

..... model railroad plans for the weekend?

Garry, my mrr agenda for today is to test all my yard track that I spent the last week cleaning [after ballasting] by running my P2K SD7 over it. It would be nice if there aren't any new derailment-inducing deformities, but I won't hold my breath; at least I know what to do to fix them. Next on the list, I'll run my CleanMachine car over the newly ballasted main line. Not expecting many problems there, since I laid a thinner layer of ballast on it.

Here's a pic of the exact prototype [#1827] of the SD7 I'll be running thru my yard this morning. Guess I need to find some silver paint for the trucks...

4517.1096140360.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
morning everybody its 62* and grey overcast, i kinda feel
Like im back in new england lol,im at work putting together test track to mess with my locos to see what needs pming

Morning all!!

Jeffrey, You show em!! You are going to show them how to kick butt with no feet! :cool:

Ken, no derailments?? Maybe I'll stop by and fix that!

Got to leave soon, were babysitting the grandsons today so their Dad & Mom can be part of a friends wedding...should be home around midnight! :rolleyes: One bright spot, the Northeast corridor is about 1/2 mile from the house, might go on a "nature hike" later! ;)

35.jpg

Taking a break!

photo roster 082.jpgphoto roster 083.jpgphoto roster 081.jpg

We have those numboard thingys too. White metal castings, but I can't remember who made them or where I got them! :confused:

Good afternoon Guys & Gals
Hi Flo & Francine, how is everything here at the dinner today. I'll have the breakfast special if your still fixing it? You are, great and some coffee with the Hazelnut creme if you would. Did either of you stop by the grocery store earlier? You did, I wonder what happened? A disgruntled customer made all that mess, good god, what next. I hope you don't let him come in here? Oops he sitting over there, I hope he didn't hear my comment.. Good God, don't give him too much coffee to get him any more wired up. You don't need this place in a shambles too!

>>

According to WW it's: 77.2 °F, Feels Like 79 °F, Wind is from East at 2.2 mph, the Hum-i-dity is 41%, the nite time low will be 51 °F

> > >

Now Karl: For God sake Man, how many times have I told you that just because you don't get your way doesn't mean you have the right to throw a temper tantrum! Just look at the mess you made! And then what do you do but try and lay the blame on Terry not to mention the fact you also offered to stop over at Ken's place and make sure he had derailments to fix! You'd better get a grip on yourself. LoL

Hope everyone has an enjoyable week end.

Howdy

Milwaukee Road 113 ... I really Chief Wawatam was the smokeyest ship on the Great Lakes.

David . Sounds like you have lots to do.

Ken ... I like the SD7. Are you weathering your rails to look like those in the photo?

Karl ... I like the WM diesels in your photos. I see what looks like a hammerhead RS3. I hope you enjoyed time with grandkids.

i worked outside today. Did stuff before the cold weather comes. This evening I hope to work on the layout.

Good afternoon Guys & Gals
Hi Flo & Francine, how is everything here at the dinner today. I'll have the breakfast special if your still fixing it? You are, great and some coffee with the Hazelnut creme if you would. Did either of you stop by the grocery store earlier? You did, I wonder what happened? A disgruntled customer made all that mess, good god, what next. I hope you don't let him come in here? Oops he sitting over there, I hope he didn't hear my comment.. Good God, don't give him too much coffee to get him any more wired up. You don't need this place in a shambles too!

>>

According to WW it's: 77.2 °F, Feels Like 79 °F, Wind is from East at 2.2 mph, the Hum-i-dity is 41%, the nite time low will be 51 °F

> > >

Now Karl: For God sake Man, how many times have I told you that just because you don't get your way doesn't mean you have the right to throw a temper tantrum! Just look at the mess you made! And then what do you do but try and lay the blame on Terry not to mention the fact you also offered to stop over at Ken's place and make sure he had derailments to fix! You'd better get a grip on yourself. LoL

= = = =

On a more positive note Karl, I do like the shots of the layout and the diesel loco's

Hope everyone has an enjoyable week end.

Good Evening, It's a clear moon lit night in Jersey,temperature is 42°.

I did not do much today, watched Montreal beat Minnesota on HNIC. I ordered detail parts and paint for two upcoming projects. Tomorrow, we need to start walking again, and I need to exercise. Maybe I'll spend some time on the layout.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Joe

Back