Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIV

Corey: Bottom line is that y'all have to do what's best for your family. A stable work environment, and a job that pays a decent salary go a long way toward making up for the comfort and security of remaining in place. Believe me, coming to NJ is not something I did willingly, but over all it was a good thing. I think I might have set a record with three homes, in three states within eight months, back in 1979. :rolleyes:.

I also hope Carey (cjcrescent) is OK, Some times, when you are not feeling well, you kind of put everything on hold.

My B&O Coal train is on the road, right now 12 hoppers, by tomorrow night, (Hopefully) it will be up to 16 cars, which is the limit on my layout. Right now, it's pulled by a PRR I1sa, and has a PRR cabin, like the trains interchanged at Hagerstown. Hope to have my B&O Stewart Fs on the head end by next week some time.

Jeffrey was supposed to transfer to another rehab center, I suppose that may be why we have not heard from him today either.

Joe

pouring_coffee1-Copy.png

TIPTON_DEPOT.png

Good Morning!

Today is Sun 10/26/14.

Partly cloudy, mild with a high of 70. Nothing planned for today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good Morning Everyone.

My first pot of Coffee is already gone. I love my reliable Mr. Coffee machine.

58 with clear skies in Baltimore.

We have a good World Series unfolding.

Have a great day Everybody!

Still showing signs of improvement. Lifting more weight and doing more push-ups. Physical therapy continues tomorrow. My goal is forty feet on the walker. I'll be happy when my prosthetic leg comes in. therapy continues tomorrow. My goal is forty feet on the walker. I'll be happy when my prosthetic leg comes in.

Morning gang!
Reunion was a blast, now I'm dragging my tired butt to the GSMTS show,,,,,,,,,goin back to work tomorrow for some rest!! :rolleyes:

Good day troops...

Boring weather again here in Glasgow....snoop around for more Milwaukee Road books I guess...

Extra strong coffee today I think, need a good jump start! lol

9213.1059656100_zpsbyk1ojzw.jpg

Wow, it's quiet in here!! :eek:
Didn't get much at the train show, just two boxes of "holiday" cards. I call em Christmas cards, but I'm not always PC either. I also got a set of WM U channel hopper decals and 2 Jordan kits (1928 Ford Model A and a 1928 Essex). Oh and I also Joined the Western Maryland Historical Society. Other than that, I did not see too any bargains. Lots of the same old stuff from the same old venders. But it was a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon..
WM57.jpgF7235.jpgBL2switching.jpgF235atBryce.jpg

Evening All,

Been at my daughters house all day. SIL put a hole in the tub yesterday (don't know how), so because it is an odd size it would require 10-14 days to arrive after ordering. They decided to make a walk-in shower instead. So today we put up concrete board and tiled the floor in the new shower. SIL built up the floor last night. That took from 9 AM-4 PM without break. Friday I go back and SIL and I will start putting tile on the walls. Between that and putting in the shower door, replacing the toilet, and grouting it will probably take all weekend again. Did I mention that I am beat?

Hope everybody has a good night.

Good evening Coffee Shop dwellers. Fair and breezy here in central MD.

Jeff: looks like your recovery is on fast forward - excellent!

Joe - looks like you've been getting some quality time with your layout. I need to run short trains myself because of the space limitation; but putting the right mix of view-blocking scenery and structures, that helps to make the trains look much longer [to me at least:D].

Curt - seems like you're working harder now than you did before retirement!

Karl, I was at Timonium for awhile myself today, but for a different purpose: to help the Fix-Me guys dissemble their modular layout. Someday I'll dress up that module shell you gave me, but first I need to knock off a few more of my layout projects - the main one being to get at least a "starting" layer of scenery down.

Speaking of which: I didn't quite achieve my goal of finishing all of the ballasting this weekend. I spent too much time doing errands and yard work on Saturday. I also underestimated how long it would take to ballast the industrial spurs. Unlike the main line, I want to make their ties invisible; so getting the ballast poured in "just right" to achieve that look and avoid getting any stray ballast on the rails, required serious concentration. But that's ok, I'd rather spend the extra time getting this right the first time than rushing thru and then having to redo it. No more artificial goals, it'll get done when it's done.

Hope y'all enjoy what's left of the weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
01:07 here in the UK and I'm wide awake....
Been a quiet weekend, as the weather hasn't been in its best mood....
Only thing to report is, that my Alco 'fleet' has grown with another RSD-4/5, so we're getting there...see what it'll be next!

8834.1083683820_zpsi5agwzlq.jpg

Good evening Coffee Shop dwellers. Fair and breezy here in central MD.

Joe - looks like you've been getting some quality time with your layout. I need to run short trains myself because of the space limitation; but putting the right mix of view-blocking scenery and structures, that helps to make the trains look much longer [to me at least:D].

Speaking of which: I didn't quite achieve my goal of finishing all of the ballasting this weekend. I spent too much time doing errands and yard work on Saturday. I also underestimated how long it would take to ballast the industrial spurs. Unlike the main line, I want to make their ties invisible; so getting the ballast poured in "just right" to achieve that look and avoid getting any stray ballast on the rails, required serious concentration. But that's ok, I'd rather spend the extra time getting this right the first time than rushing thru and then having to redo it. No more artificial goals, it'll get done when it's done.

Hope y'all enjoy what's left of the weekend!

Ken: I need even more layout quality time........The family will be back home for Christmas, and I want the layout to appear "finished". instead of looking "bombed out". My next problem is to finish ballasting the main line. I also have this idea of adding on to the extension, so I have a wye to turn my steam locomotives, and build a service area for my locos.......but I have must do household projects to complete, with the same deadline............

Joe

COFFEE_CREME1.png

COFFEE_SIGN.png

Good Morning!

Today is Mon 10/27/14.

Breezy with a high of 78. I'll probably stop by the club today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good Morning Everybody!

44 with clear skies in south east Baltimore.

Redskins Cowboys on Monday Night Football. I never liked Cosell, I would turn down the sound on the TV and turn on the radio. Hank Stram and Jack Buck, they were great a great pair of announcers. How is that for "out of left field"

World Series could be over soon, Halloween is Friday, time goes by faster every year as we get old.

Have a great day everybody.

Morning All,

Still a little stiff from yesterday. Today I want to do the needed touch up on MOH's mirror project. My son and I got it up on Saturday. Also need to put down ant crystals in a couple places in the yard. And if that is not excitement enough I think MOH wants to go look at furniture today for the living room. Probably no ballasting today, but I am hoping for Tuesday. The ballast needs to set hard before I can put the IR sensors for the signals in.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning; 48° and sunny at the Jersey Shore. Nice day for yard work!

Post office is delivering a couple of packages containing IM 33" wheels, Kadee #148s and a assortment of "silent" decoders today and tomorrow. Next step is to find/order PRR specific details for some of my "dormant" fleet, and obtain a "paint booth".

Louis: Ah, Howard Cosell. Because so many people turned down the sound and turned on the radio, there is a built in delay transmitting the radio broadcast, so the different media are not synchronized. The advertisers were not happy paying big bucks to get their message out, only to have the audience tune them and "Howie" out.

Have a great day!

Joe

Back