Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIV

POUR_COFFEE1-Copy.png

Good Morning! Today is Tue 9/16/14.

Clearing with a high of 66. I'm off to Kokomo later today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

trainwreck.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Hey my friends welcome to the new page weather today hear in the south mid 70s now high for today 85 with a small chance of rain. My grandbaby wants to go to see the trains in Spencer Shops I don't think the hip is ready for that yet I'm ok for going to the Spencer Shops just a lot of walking. Hope ya'll have a good day give me a holler I'll be around my friends.

Chris,

Good morning everyone!

Hey Chris, It seems to me when my grandsons want me to move about that is when I do the best, but that has it's limits.

Your right my friend I can only walk up the street about three houses no where good enough to go to the Shops. Anyway I'll give it another few weeks or so the therapy nurse comes today they have already extended her visits for two more weeks. Well I think my Pop tarts are done and so is the coffee.

Chris,

Good morning.

Bill.... Thanks for the coffee. It's good of you to start a new thread before Karl could locate that picture~

Chris ... I missed the story, but sounds like you are recovering from surgery. It's best to wait until you can do enough walking to see the dshops. Grand children can understand.

Curt ... Looks like a very nice steam locomotive in your photos.

David ... I found some of my old photos of the 1900 era model railroad I made. If you are interested I will post them when I get a chance.

Happy model railroading, everybody.

Good Morning Y'all. New place has the same trimmings as the olde. 58° and raining this morning in Central Jersey. Good day for inside chores and model trains. Been walking 1½ miles or more per day for a month now. Time to crank it up a notch, I would like to be up to three miles a day by mid October.

Curt: How's the H10 running? I wasn't even considering one, as I try to limit my railroading to the 1964-1968 era. But........:rolleyes:.

Joe

Morning all,

Just got done exercising and now drinking a cup of Bill's coffee. Today we need to clean house and have my son's birthday supper later. Thinking of Jeff and hoping his surgery goes well.

Joe- It runs awesome. It has traction tires and a die-cast body so it can pull a large string of hoppers on a 2.5% incline (train club) without any help. Much better than the M1's or I1's from BLI. The lighted marker lights are awesome although the front ones would not be red. New lenses are provided but they are so darn small I am afraid to try and change them. The one that was just released has the Crawford hood (Lines West) tender but their next release will have one of the eastern style tenders with a doghouse on it. The banshee whistle is quillabble (sp?) and sounds like videos I have seen of the H10's working. I am actually contemplating ordering another one but I am not sure how that would go over with MOH. Hope this helps.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Curt, take your time and before you know it you will be moving up and down the block much better, keep up the good work! Garry hit the nail on the head when he said "grandchildren can understand"

Garry you very quotable today! "Happy model railroading, everybody." Well said!

Joe you are kicking butt and taking down names walking that much everyday! Good on ya mate!

It is good to see that Bill has the coffee pot in service on the new site.
I have been lurking about and trying to keep up with all the activities, but there is just so much going on in all our lives.
It does help to have people to share our problems and triumphs with on this forum.
When someone hears how Jeffery is doing, please post an update here.
Thanks,

Morning all,

Joe- It runs awesome. It has traction tires and a die-cast body so it can pull a large string of hoppers on a 2.5% incline (train club) without any help. Much better than the M1's or I1's from BLI. The lighted marker lights are awesome although the front ones would not be red. New lenses are provided but they are so darn small I am afraid to try and change them. The one that was just released has the Crawford hood (Lines West) tender but their next release will have one of the eastern style tenders with a doghouse on it. The banshee whistle is quillabble (sp?) and sounds like videos I have seen of the H10's working. I am actually contemplating ordering another one but I am not sure how that would go over with MOH. Hope this helps.

Curt: Happy to hear that. It's a good looking engine. My preference would be the Eastern tender without a dog house on the tank, Most photos of steam in the East don't have a dog house. I made the mistake of buying the I1 with the long tender instead of the short one. I am tempted to buy one while they are still readily available, but I'm planning on a PRR Baldwin RS12 (BRS12ms), due from Bowser in November, and the PC version of the FL9 (A+A) from Rapido due early next year, so I'm sort of watching my pennies. :rolleyes:.

Joe

Hey Mikey, good to see your post and I am thinking of Jeffery too.
I could not agree with you more, its good to share things with our train brothers and sisters.

Hey Joe I have a soft spot for the Penn Central too.

Good afternoon. It's 87° with 66% humidity. The high will be 88°. Cloudy. A slightly better than fair chance of showers and thunderstorms.
condmc-1.jpg
with
cond60.jpg

In and out of the hospital , no problems with that. Got a case of dry mouth that you wouldn't believe. Gotta go back tomorrow.

P1220390.jpg

P1200382.jpg

DSCN2309.jpg

DSCN6437.jpg

Hey Jeffery!

Glad to see you back!

One of your patented lemonades should take care of your dry mouth.

I love the Conrail flat car with the trailer, that's my kind of intermodal.

I love the Conrail flat car with the trailer, that's my kind of intermodal.

That flatcar with trailer is a cobbled together junk box project. The flatcar is from Con-Cor, the trailer is from Athearn and the fifth-wheel support is from who knows where.

Somehow my nephew found a GOOD heavy duty triple core radiator for my van. It's from a scrap yard and they want $65 for it. A new one costs $200. As the son of a confirmed cheapskate I already know what my fathers answer will be. $120 - $65 = $55. He'll buy the cheap one (used) and call it a great deal. I know how scrap yards test these things. They put a tight cap on it, plug the bottom hole, put a plug with an air line connector in the top hole, pressurize it and sees if it leaks. I've bought one of these before. Didn't leak with just water. However when anti-freeze was added multiple leaks appeared. Being a smart guy who knows a bit about cars I already had the solution. Two raw eggs did the trick and that radiator never leaked again.

Jeffery if you have a full service radiator company near you they can be re-cored for about the same price as the used one in most cases.

Time to get ready for bed so I can fall asleep watching the Orioles pre game show, I am so glad they repeat the games in the morning. If the Orioles win tonight they are American League Eastern Division champs!

GO O'S

Good night everybody.

Good evening Coffee Shop dwellers - love the new digs! Current weather is calm, clear and cool here in the 'Free' state. It's Tuesday so I got off work early to pickup my youngest daughter from school. Didn't have the rest of the afternoon to myself like I normally do, though; she's in the Drama Club and I had to bring her over to another school where they were doing auditions for her next play [Pride n' Prejudice]. At least I have the rest of the day to myself, giving me enough time to assemble three new Accurail double-door boxcar kits that I plan to spot at my new 84 Lumber trackside industry.

Have a great evening!

Howdy campers!!
New digs,,Sweeeeet! Not much happening here, cept I did get 2 of the fresh Cherrys Mavericks in the mail....yellow ones at that! Just like the one I had in high school!

News flash from the Grandkids house. Grandson #2was enjoying a hot dog the other day for lunch when his mother said "My, that hotdog looks good! Can I have a bite?"
"Sure Mom, when you go and fix yourself one!"

Oh gosh, I love how a 6 year olds mind works sometimes!! ;)

I'm 10-10 on the side. :cool:

Back