Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIII

Even though I haven't required any joint replacements I did have to keep up a full range of motion on my right leg to keep the joints from becoming arthritic. It was about six months before I was fitted with my prosthesis. And it hurt! It took nearly three months before I could take my first steps on it. I tell anyone making fun of anybody who's handicapped to learn all they can about a persons condition before flapping their yap. This town already has one person who found that handicapped doesn't mean defenseless. He refused to learn and so was taught the hard way.

Chris- I'm fighting it now. How the heck or what does one push to o. k. being a friend? Checked box but nothing happened. From other forum have direct E contact with Jeff,Curt,Garry and others.
Phil aka-Flip

You have to check the box with the avatar, then hit "accept".

Evening All,

Today we cleaned house then I shredded 2 bags worth of paperwork that I was keeping from CPR classes, old training records and pay stubs. Tomorrow I think we are going to the Winter Garden Heritage Center. It is actually 2 centers. One for Winter Garden and one for the railroads in Winter Garden.

Jeff- Sorry to hear your news. I am saying prayers for your surgery.

IMG_1241_zps2651eea9.jpg

IMG_1240_zps80de747c.jpg

IMG_1238_zps5fa864fd.jpg

Hope everyone has a good night.

Curt - awesome eye candy! MOH and I spent three years in Reading PA, from 1986 thru 1988. A decade too late to see anything like those FP7's; it was all Conrail blue SD40-2's on caboose-less trains by that time.

No FP7's down here but KCS was still running F7's and F9's in the early 80's. Unfortunately they were all road slugs by that time.

Ken, Those two FP7s, I believe, are owned by one or more NRHS chapters, and have made the rounds. About ten years ago, I encountered them at Zoo tower of all places, while they were on a fan trip. They were also featured at Reading days at the Pennsylvania Museum, in Strasburg, so It doesn't surprise me that they would show up at Steamtown.

Curt, your Steamtown photos make me want to go there, I've never been at that particular location. The Reading RS3, and the T1 plus the CNJ coach are enticements. I had several close encounters with the 2124's sister T1, the 2100 under steam, both while it was hauling the American Freedom Train. BTW: Great Photo of the FP7s.

We managed to reach 1.95 miles on our daily walk. But neither of us has been walking that much the last couple of years. We used to knock out 4 to 5 miles per walk, before the wife's RA kicked in. i get to go to the dentist on Wednesday, and the following Wednesday, I go to the orthopedic for my right arm and shoulder. I hate going to doctors.

Later,

Joe

Lovely, lovely day! ;)

Temps in the 70's, in fact, it was the 1st day in weeks I wore pants to work!:cool:

See, I've been wearing shorts.
What do you think I meant? :rolleyes:

Love the Reading shots Curt!

WM35.jpg

Later cats!

Hey guys long time no post. Looks like I've missed some stuff for sure.

Quick update, I'm now 19 (joined the forums when I was 14 or 15) and am sad to say I'm leaving the hobby. I'm now in my sophomore year of college in a criminal justice degree with the ultimate goal of becoming a state trooper. Right now I'm just to busy for trains and have no room. I need to get rid of the trains to make some room actually.

Jeff- I logged in today for the first time in probably 1.5-2 years and found a PM from you. Please respond to my PM or email me as soon as possible. Thank you.

To everyone else I hope that things go well for you wherever you go.

Terry- Thanks. I did and nothing happened. Me and 'puters don't get along.

Jeff- Will E you re- Liver.

Storms came in just before 6. Had no reception, missed Train episode. Oh well.
Night all
Flip

Jeff- I logged in today for the first time in probably 1.5-2 years and found a PM from you. Please respond to my PM or email me as soon as possible. Thank you.

I sent a PM in response. You missed a lot all right. I've lost a leg and some toes due to my diabetes. Looks like I'm losing the battle with it.

Good evening. It's quite warm here. 81 with 62% humidity. At least there's no rain tonight. There's a 20% chance tomorrow.

Tomorrow is another day in the world of doctor appointments. Primary doctor this time. Seems like it never ends. I have no idea what he has in mind now.

Time to call to a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1011707.jpg

P1010227-22.jpg

P1010058.jpg

Who says you can't teach old f--ts [geezers] new tricks?? Don't know what I did but ,DARN, i have a 'FRIEND'
Think I'll celebrate. Shower and get to sleep . Night y'all.
Blessings and Prayers
Flip

POUR_COFFEE1-Copy.png

Good Morning! Today is Tue 9/9/14.

COFFEE_SIGN.png

Partly sunny and mild with a high of 82. Working in the yard and going to Kokomo later today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning everybody!

Only 68 this morning, supposed to rain, but we will see. Predicting the weather in Baltimore is about the same as beating the spread on an NFL game.

My baseball update;

The Orioles are 25 games over 500 and up by 10 games over the second place Yankees!

The Nationals are 20 games over 500 and 8 games ahead of the second place Braves!

The other division and wild card races are for others to watch.

I would love to see a beltway series, but lets take one step at a time.

Good morning to all of my train buddy's like bnsf971 said it's nice outside in North Carolina 64 hear, overcast but that's ok not much to do today will plenty to do but the hip not ready to work right yet. Hope ya'll have a good day time for a Pop tart and a second cup of coffee, ok give me a yell I'll be around.

Chris,

Good morning. It's 73° with 100% humidity. Damp by any other name. The high will be 92° with a small chance of thunderstorms.
pcloudy-1.jpg
with
cond20.jpg

Have a doctors appointment this morning then the rest of the day is mine. No plans.

P1010061-1.jpg

P1010042.jpg

P1010206.jpg

Good Morning,

Just got back from Cracker Barrel where MOH and Son took me to breakfast for my birthday. MOH is also going to make me a Blackberry Cobbler later. Only plans for today are to go to the Winter Garden museum.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Back