Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIII

Good morning guy's from NC going to be hot again today missed the rain and storms last night hope to get some rain this afternoon. Hope everyone has a good day.

pouring_coffee1-Copy.png

Good Morning! Today is Sun 9/7/14.

Sunny with a high of 76. Nothing planned for today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Just got my second cup of coffee and a pop tart. I guess I'll watch the pros today both my teams won yesterday the Irish and the Ducks pulling for the Panthers today.

Good morning everybody!!!

Very nice 71 degrees in south east Baltimore after last nights dramatic storms.

Hey model-a, glad to see another Pop Tart fan! I had a tomato and salami sandwich for breakfast, I love Maryland tomatoes!!!

The Orioles need Bud Norris to be the stopper today after the 2 game mini-skid. I will have the Ravens and Redskins games on the DVR and VCR. Baseball always has and always will come first in my house!

Morning All,

Got up late this morning. Had a good time at the club last night. One person had the new BLI H10. It looks great and pulls up hills with no issue. It is a much better puller than the M1's or I1's I have had in the past. The die cast body must be the reason. The only thing is the sound is pretty generic. At some point after I get mine I will probably change it to the WOW sound decoder.

Today I'm going to putter around the layout and MOH is going to be sewing. I am also washing sheets and towels.

Here are some pictures from Steamtown. Hope everyone has a good day.

IMG_1246_zpsa83e4796.jpg

IMG_1245_zps4bcda372.jpg

IMG_1244_zpsd60e0e9b.jpg

Good morning. It's 74° with 98% humidity. The high will be 90° and cloudy with a fair chance of rain.
condmc-1.jpg
with
cond50.jpg

Looks like we have a 50/50 chance of getting wet today. I have no plans.

DSCN6410.jpg

trackpln2-1.jpg

DSCN3543.jpg

Hello people, I see Louis already provided a weather report for our region so I won't repeat that.

What a difference a Saturday without mowing can make! My riding mower is on the rip track, awaiting a new PTO clutch; so I had a ready-made excuse for heading over to the LHS and picking up a few pieces of rolling stock for the new lineside industry I'm adding to the layout: an 84 Lumber distribution warehouse. Then I spent the rest of my day installing and wiring the trackwork for it. Still have a bit more under-the-layout soldering to do, hopefully my back won't scream in protest.

Jeff - on your layout drawing, is the yellow part what you saved or what you got rid of?

Have a great Sunday y'all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon guys it 85* going to 92* with t-storms sitting at working putting together
A big boy

Looks like I'm gonna be staying home a few days. When I went to the Veterans Plaza this afternoon the strap on my wound vac got hung up when I slid off the seat of the truck to the ground. It only got hung up for a second. When it came loose the weight of the vac unit jerked the strap hard and I heard and felt something in my neck give. That hurt a lot. I have a doctor appointment in the morning so I'll get it checked then. It's still bugging me now. It's a dull ache though, not sharp.

Evening All,

Sitting here drinking a cup of coffee after supper. I got the red ant granules down then it rained for awhile. We lost power for a couple of seconds, just enough that all the clocks needed reset. I puttered around the layout for a little bit but really did not get anything accomplished.

Jeff- I hope it is something minor this time.

IMG_1243_zps06e364a3.jpg

IMG_1242_zps2e2474d7.jpg

IMG_1239_zpsf98b47a1.jpg

Hope everybody has a good night.

Hiya gang!
Kinda of a lazy weekend here. Yesterday was too hot,,today we cut the lawn, I did some airbrushing and the wife did some shopping. I did have one good this happen today. All week long I have be chasing an on again, off again coolant leak on the Impala. Techs at work looked at it. Coolant was everywhere on the right side of the car, but when put under pressure, there was no leak. Also my water pump pulled had some in and out play, but it was dry. :confused: So they cleaned it off, added phosphorescent dye and I drove it a few days. Now I had a new mess that glowed under a black light.:( So Friday after work, I cleaned the mess off, and put the car in the garage. I checked it Saturday,,, no leak. Came out this morning and there was a small puddle under the car!! :eek: I raised the hood and there it was!! The heater hoses are connected to the engine by PLASTIC elbows with O ring seals. Doing further research, I found that the 3.8 motors had a tendency to heat stress the plastic after a few years , and develop small to large cracks. So we picked up a set of aluminum replacements and a new pump for tomorrow. You can see the green fluid laying on the intake, having not been flung everywhere by the drive belts.
3800 coolant leak.jpg
Funny, how red coolant + yellow dye = green looking antifreeze..................Take that color wheel!! :rolleyes:
But the weather is here, I wish you were beautiful!

Greetings to all from Wisconsin. A wonderful sunny, not too humid day here. Sitting outside by the grill, supervising the butterflies chicken and catching up with the forum posts. Not much layout progress this weekend; had a couple of late shifts Friday and Saturday night. Tuesday night I think I'll solder some rail joiner feeders, as well as wire up my next switch machine...

From the DairyStatePhone

Neck is hurting tonight so I'm calling it a night. See y'all sometime tomorrow.

Gotta go see doc Traina in the morning. See if I can get him to find out what's giving me this pain in the neck.

DSCN6451.jpg

DSCN1240.jpg

DSCN6865.jpg

Neck is hurting tonight so I'm calling it a night. See y'all sometime tomorrow.

Gotta go see doc Traina in the morning. See if I can get him to find out what's giving me this pain in the neck.
At least you know it isn't an ex-wife that is the pain in the neck...
Good luck with the doctor.

Good very early morning, It will be when I finish the post. It's just not 12:00 Midnite. It was 100 °F today, 72.5 °F - Feels Like 77 °F at present, that's right, the Humidity is 20%? nothing on ww site even after being refreshed. Tonight's low is supposed to be 66 °F. WW site says 0% chance of precipitation yet I had one clap of thunder and lightening and it did sprinkle a bit as I could se it on my cars windshield as well as smell the moist dirt and dry oats that got wet.

Say Jeffrey, Sounds like you popped a vertabey out of alignment, find a good chiropracter to adjust you.

Have a good morning.

COFFEE_CREME1.png

Good Morning! Today is Mon 9/8/14.

TIPTON_DEPOT.png

Sunny with a high of 78. Trimming the yard today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Back