Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, anybody live in Plano, Texas, and feel like paying him a visit? I have his name and address.
In fact, I probably should post that info here, in case he re-registers and tries this crap again.

Edit - Posting somebody's personal info is a bit much. I don't know what happened here, and there's no way to tell. It's one thing to say be careful of buying from so and so, and another to start posting private info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Ken,,,,better start saving your lunch money!!

capitol_limited.jpg

I'm taking out a loan:rolleyes:.

I know him on facebook he was showing pics of a loco & shell he got

Southern #4901? That was the one I traded him. I even bought an extra shell for him, because he said he wanted a light mikado instead of a heavy mikado. He was supposed to put a check in the box the MTH engine came in for 1/2 the cost, but I guess he "forgot" that, too. He just sent me a PM, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow morning to read them. My blood pressure may be a little lower then...

Hey Ken,,,,better start saving your lunch money!!

capitol_limited.jpg

Karl - OMG I imagine the fix-me guys must be flipping out! A tad rich for my blood, but I do have 2 E units and a few C&O cars - I could probably kluge together a scaled-down version of the Cap as it would have appeared in 1970 [long past its glory days]. BTW, here is a fully-functional link: http://www.walthers.com/exec/page/capitol_limited

Glen called me with some good news today, he said that the supplier of the Fresh Cherries 1970 Mavericks finally got back to him (musta been on vacation?) and he'll be able to ship all 45 pieces in about a week. That is a major relief, since now I won't need to learn how to do resin casting to populate my auto racks. If I see a yellow one in the batch I'll set it aside for you. I'm hoping they'll be a mix of colors and not all red ones.

Terry - bummer about that swindle :mad:! Hope he sets things right...

Better put up a link to this thread on his facebook account as well Terry.

And as far as setting things right from this fellow? Not a chance.

Good evening everybody .... (Toot: good morning I think )

Ken .... Thanks for commenting about my photo published in August MR. Your photos of your steel mill on your current layout are definitely ready for prime time. So, tak a picture and send it to MR.

Terry .... Sorry to read about your bad experience. As a general rule model railroaders are honorable, and your situation is rare. Looked like it had a decent motor anyhow.

Thanks to those who commented about my wife's sister. She is still in the hospital, but she is improving. About a week or two before her heart attack, and EKG did not detect any problems. Remarkable.

Has Carey of AL been in here lately?

611 Steam has been banned. All of his posts have been deleted.

The personal info posted here has also been deleted. If you have issues with a seller, it's permissible to post a warning. Personal attacks and/or sharing personal info is not. Stay with the facts, and don't turn it into a cyber stalking episode.

If he tries to sign up again, please let me know.

Garry,

I haven't seen Carey on in awhile. I think he said he was due for a treatment the last time he posted. Treatments usually put him down for a couple of weeks.

Glenn

611 Steam has been banned. All of his posts have been deleted.

The personal info posted here has also been deleted. If you have issues with a seller, it's permissible to post a warning. Personal attacks and/or sharing personal info is not. Stay with the facts, and don't turn it into a cyber stalking episode.

If he tries to sign up again, please let me know.
Got it. Thanks for taking out the trash...

Good Evening. Terry, sorry you were swindled. Garry, Glad your wife's sister is on the mend - EKGs only show now and past, not the future. Jeffrey, hope the 318 drop in goes well, also hope you're feeling better.

Had two front teeth pulled today. they're still oozing blood. There was more residual pain this time, the Prednisone is less effective. Also taking Amoxicillin this time. Last one was a walk in the park in comparison. Go back on Thursday for a follow-up and adjustment on the new partial.

I'm kinda excited about Walthers new passenger train announcement. Going to put a dent in my wallet. Then Rapido announces FL9s in Penn Central - I will need a loan.

Had two front teeth pulled today. they're still oozing blood. There was more residual pain this time, the Prednisone is less effective. Also taking Amoxicillin this time. Last one was a walk in the park in comparison. Go back on Thursday for a follow-up and adjustment on the new partial.

Hope you get the partials in good so they're comfortable.

Been watching Bionic Woman and Six Million Dollar Man episodes today. Now I'm watching episode 117 (Dallas finals) of American Ninja Warrior.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P3182162.jpg

P3122092.jpg

P3092081.jpg

BUNN_COFFEE.png

Good Morning!

It's Wed 7/16/14

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

Chance of showers and a high of 71. Nothing planned today. :D

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good morning. It's 68° with 99% humidity. The high will be 88° with some clouds.
pcloudy-1.jpg

My back is feeling much better this morning. That's good as the Home Health nurse will be coming today. No plans for today.

P3092059.jpg

P3092057.jpg

P2242010.jpg

Good morning. It's mostly cloudy and 67, headed for a high of 82.
So, I went to my email this morning, and the email provider (yahoo) decided to delete every email I had regarding the recent issue with the former forum member and the trains we swapped. Not only from him, but from other forum members as well. Not that I can really do much of anything about what happened, but I guess Murphy is telling ne to let it go, and not dwell on it.

In other news, we got nearly a half inch of needed rain yesterday evening. That's good, because after a much wetter than normal fall, winter, and spring, the tap got turned off and we haven't had more than a coulle of tenths of an inch of rain in the last six weeks or so.

Good morning everyone. We are having another gloomy morning here at the Jersey Shore. Yesterday, the area averaged an additional 2" (+ or -), of rain, bringing the two day total to around 5½". Overnight, my lawn went from parched to a new growth spurt. Actually, this years July dry spell was shorter than average, sort of reminding me of July - August 1969, which I spent at Ft. Dix. Right now, it's 67°, down from 70° an hour ago. Once the humidity clears out, it might be a nice day.

Had a comfortable night sleeping, most of the bleeding has stopped, The plate will need some adjustment on the right side. I'll go over to the dentist tomorrow, after the Docs.

Terry writes: * >>"So, I went to my email this morning, and the email provider (yahoo) decided to delete every email I had regarding the recent issue with the former forum member and the trains we swapped. Not only from him, but from other forum members as well. Not that I can really do much of anything about what happened, but I guess Murphy is telling me to let it go, and not dwell on it."<<

Listen to Murphy.......once the anger subsides.......there isn't much more you can do about it......sort of makes one less trusting though, which is not a bad thing.

Waiting on the HVAC serviceman, he's scheduled Noon to 4 today. The system is getting old but I don't want to go all out on a new one, unless I really have to.

Joe

Good evening. It's pleasant and 73.
I've cosmetically reassembled the GS4, and put it in a display case with the less trashed side facing the room until I decide what I'm going to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back