Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon,
It's a somewhat warm day here in Coarsegold at 90*F with a anticipated low of 53*F tonight. It's partially cloudy with a small Cumulus Clouds mixed with the high Cirrus Clouds. That's rather interesting as you would think the closer to the Sun something is the hotter it would be but this seem to be just the reverse? I guess due to the thinner air up higher? I wonder is they use Diasol to thin the clouds?

> > >

I'm building the IHC Old Time Derick car and may have come across a bit of a problem with that car? I replaced the wheel sets with the Kadee #531 [Caboose & Passenger] code 88 by mistake rather than 533 [Freight] code 88 but found out that the car wants to derail where another car also with Kadee 88's seems to run fine over the same track? I ran a track gauge over it and it doesn't seem like it's out of gauge but the IHC car seems to want climb the rail on the outside and fall down in between the rails? I'll have to admit that I didn't use the track gauges in laying that last section figuring that the tie plates would be close enough but I think that was a goof[y] on my part. Oh well I only spiked every 8th tie so I'll pull a few spikes and redue them using the gauges this time.

> > >

Jeffrey running bear, Now that should be a sight, him waiting on tables! I think, No, I know, I much preferred the looks of Bills Ladies, Flo & Francine!

Have a good afternoon.

... Jeffrey running bear, Now that should be a sight, him waiting on tables! I think, No, I know, I much preferred the looks of Bills Ladies, Flo & Francine! ...

David, no worries - I'm pretty sure Running Bear will keep the same friendly staff that we've all come to know and love!;)

You bet. No need to change anything.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN6283.jpg

P1010132.jpg

DSCN3543.jpg

I'm a bit late tonight, trying to customize ring tones on my phone. I'll know if it works when someone calls.

Expanded Summer service to the Shore always causes terminal congestion.
Bay Head Jct - Memorial Day Weekend 3 - 2014.jpg

I really have to repaint that backdrop and place the low relief building in the back...........one of these days.......CNJ to Bayone and Jersey City, PRR to South Amboy, Exchange Place and NYC - Penn.

Joe

Good Morning!
It's Sat 5/24/14

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

COFFEE_REFILL.png

waitress2.png

Partly cloudy with a high of about 78. Indy 500 parade day. :D

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good morning. It's 67° with 99% humidity and patchy fog. The high will be 88° and cloudy.
pcloudy-1.jpg

A Home Health nurse will be making a special trip out here this morning. The wound vac dressing that was done yesterday wasn't done well and was leaking inside of six hours. By 11pm it was falling apart like a $2 suitcase even after being reinforced with more adhesive film and when I ran out of that I used masking tape. I finally got the leaks sealed but it's not going to hold and must be replaced. So I already know part of my day is going to wasted waiting on the nurses phone call.

No plans today. Maybe I can get something done after the wound vac dressing has been dealt with. Boy that gets me mad. If they're going to send a nurse to do something like that they should make sure she knows how to do it properly.

P1010111.jpg

P1010116.jpg

aeg50-1.jpg

Woo Hoo! The Girls are still here! :cool:

waitress2.png

Beeeutiful day, 55° going to a high of 73°,,,,,I'm gonna try to spend as much time as possible out on the lot today,,work on my tan!!:rolleyes: Hey if I gotta work today and Monday,,I'm gonna enjoy it!

Has anyone here tried Neolube on projects...:confused:..I've been working on an ABBA set of genesis F units, that, even after all the clip on pickup wires have been soldered to the trucks, and all the solder connections to the decoders have been redone, still have intermittent pick up problems.:( The sound decoders keep restarting on the B units, and the headlights on the A units flash like a Disco light.I've cleaned everything, been thinking about Neolubing all the axle end to see it that helps. I've been trying to fix these things for a while, and while the owner wants them fixed, he doesn't appreciate my latest suggestion of putting 4 Stewart chassis under them and junking the Athearn drives.

Time to hit the road,,,,catch y'all later!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings From The Jersey Shore. It's "pretend" Summer :rolleyes:. No tan here........61° and overcast, with a 40% chance of scattered showers today, and a high of 68°. Rest of the weekend through Tuesday is supposed to be sunny and in the low 80s. Remains to be seen, whether the forcast is accurate, or whether it's designed to lure the "BENNYS" down.

Athearn chassis have always had contact issues. dating back to my BB Trainmaster. All the connections are soldered, yet when I dug it out, I had to clean the wheels to get decent contact, and it appears that only one truck seems to be making continual contact. I still have not solved the contact issues on the RTR RS3s...........Karl, let us know how the Neolube works out. Have a good day selling cars, .

Since it looks like it's going to pour rain any second now, I think I'm going to back out both cars, and sand the rockers in the garage.

Have a great weekend.

Joe

I've found that cleaning all the electrical contact surfaces with CRC 2-26 helps a lot with the contact issues. I have a number of old Varney F3's that I put home-built drives in. These consist of parts from Athearn, Stewart/Bowser, Atlas, NWSL, Kato, Proto/Walthers and some I can't remember right off. Just anything I could dig out of the parts box. I use the CRC 2-26 on all of them for routine cleaning.

Good afternoon,

Hello Ladies, glad to see your still around. Thanks Bill for posting them again.

Yes indeed Karl, Woo Hoo is right, "The Girls are still here!" ;)

waitress2.png

It's a nice day here but a bit warm for me at 85° going to a low of 59° tonight. It's partially cloudy with a mixture of clouds that are similiar to Cumulus but still rather faint looking as well as the high wispy Cirrus type clouds but again on the faint side.

Has anyone here tried Neolube on projects? Karl, I've given it some thought but never tried it.

Last night I had a bit of a scare. The area I live in is quite countrified and as a result wild life tend to move around fairly freely. I went over to pick-up a lady friend to go out and have a bite to eat and then I was going back to take a look at a notebook computer she has to see if I could get it going again for her as some coffee got spilled on the keyboard.
So on the way back to here place after eating I'm driving down a fairly well traveled two lane country road and all of a sudden there are two deer on the road in front of me and they are frozen there it seems. Nobody else is coming so I start to steer to the Left to go around them as well as slowing down and the one deer then decides to try and get out of the way and crosses over directly in front of the left side of my 1997 Mistubishi Eclipse GST and even though I've applied the breaks firmly and the car is skiding a bit the low front end hits the legs of the deer or it must have jumped as I could see it kind of roll on it back and fly over the roof and off to my the side of the car as I passed by. I didn't seem to hear any impact noise and when I looked after getting to here house everything seemed to be ok with no visiable signs of any damage, which I was glad about for sure! That was a weird one alright.

Take care and have a good and safe Memorial Day Weekend.

Well David, I'm glad to hear Rudolph was able to jump to safety in the nick of time! Seriously, glad that nobody or anything was hurt. Deer are very unpredictable and can cause a lot of damage and even serious injury. A guy I used to work with was killed a few years back when a deer came through his windshield after it was hit by a car going the opposite direction. Talk about a freak accident!

OK guys! Now you've done it! All this time I've been telling my wife that there was no reason to go down to the coffee shop other than good company and good coffee. Now that SOMEBODY posted pictures of the "employees", I've been getting all kinds of grief for the time I spend here! She doesn't seem to buy my story of just a bunch of innocent model railroaders getting together to pass the time. What's a guy to do!?!? :)

Good evening. It's nice here with 68° and few clouds. Out here away from town you can see a lot of stars you can't see in town due to the light haze. Someday I may get a small telescope and take a better look.

The Home Health nurse showed up just before noon. She did a fair job of replacing the wound vac dressing. However it's not a real good job. I'm having some minor problems with it. Had a couple of blockage warnings already and one low pressure warning. I'll keep it going as long as I can but when it fails it'll come apart like a $2 suitcase. It has to last til Monday morning.

Watch some TV today and got a couple of locos off the display rack and repaired some minor damage that was done when the tree fell on my trailer. I fixed two handrails, replaced two horns and one coupler.

I also made a photo record of my commemorative coin collection.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010097.jpg

P1010070.jpg

DSCN6313.jpg

Good Morning![/SIZE]
It's Sun 5/25/14

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

pouring_coffee1-Copy.png

Sunny with a high of 82. Indy 500 Race Day! :D

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Grin & bear It!

She thinks that's what I do when they do! :)

It appeared that the photo of the ladies was a bit on the dark side so I figured I'd do a bit of image correction
to show them off better. Hope this doesn't make your situation any worse Bob?

Oh, is it my imagination or does the tall Blonde have a bun in the oven?

otofFrancineampFlofromtheMRFdinner2Jpg_zps0d339a70.png

Say Bob, Thanks for the thoughts on the deer situation. I'm very glad that no damaged happened either. I do remember that when 1996 or 97 Eclipses' came out it was stated that these cars had the highest body rigidity rating of any production car in the world as I recall.

Good evening. It's nice here with 68° and few clouds. Out here away from town you can see a lot of stars you can't see in town due to the light haze. Someday I may get a small telescope and take a better look.

P1010097.jpg

Jeffrey: The little loco is sure cute, it's too bad so many of the American Mfg's quite producing kits or even assembled models. From time to time eBay does have an early American style Teakettle available but there used to be even more of them available as I recall.

>>

It very true that living in the country offers a better view of the Universe. Sometimes on a cold crisp winters night with no moon I can see thousands of stars. It's quite a site for sure!

It's 2:20Am Sun and the temp is 69* and going for a high of 86* so this is not the most comfortable sleeping weather.

Have a good day

Karl, I have had issues with contact on the B truck Athearns, and I have had good luck with Atlas Conduct-A-Lube. Put some on the bearings here the axle rotates, and it will clean out the gook, and hopefully give better contact.

Good morning. It's 69° with 99% humidity and patchy fog. The high will be 90° and cloudy.
Morning:
condmc-1.jpg
Afternoon:
pcloudy-1.jpg

Didn't get much sleep last night. The wound vac dressing failed just as I predicted. There were a high number of blockage alerts, low pressure warnings and insufficient seal warnings. I stopped counting at forty-one. Finally at 6:38 I said the heck with it and peeled it off and replaced it with a standard dressing. The bad thing about this is the nurse that put it on has twenty years experience putting on wound vac dressings. I think she needs to take a refresher course.

No plans for today. I'll probably play a game or two of Starfleet1 and watch some movies. I'll likely squeeze a nap in somewhere. Tired as I am I don't want to do anything that requires me to be alert.

P1010064.jpg

P1010065.jpg

P1010013.jpg

Happy Sunday Everyone!

David It's fortunate that you escaped a direct collision with the deer. Here, there is a overabundant population of White Tail Deer, due to the lack of wild life management. The deer are becoming too tame, like last fall when two does took up residence in my back yard, and much to the chagrin of the Squirrels and chipmunks, ate up all the acorns. It got to the point where they didn't budge, when I took out the garbage. Much too tame. About 13 years ago, my youngest was driving to classes at the local Community College, when one jumped out of the woods and crossed the road in front of him. He was driving a 1987 Monte Carlo, so he had some armor plating, but the deer did a job on the grill and front sheet metal.

Deer feeding in yard - 09-26-2013 002.jpg

There are nights when the sky view is outstanding, here, in spite of all the light pollution, most other nights are quite dark - so dark that the night seems to swallow up all the ambient light. Naturally, most nights here are either hazy or overcast. Every time there is some sort of celestial event, such as a meteor shower, I miss it because of the eternal overcast.

Today and tomorrow are going to be mostly nice, with temperatures in the mid 80s. We put the "weed 'n feed" down while the lawn was wet, so that chore is done.

Today, I'm going to fire up the kettle grill, and grill the burgers. Other than that, I have nothing planned.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back