Running Bear's Coffee Shop May 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning fellers. Did some digging this morning. I felt as though I may have too many C&O hoppers. Just regular C&O before Chessie paint hoppers as I should say. Well I suppose my initial thoughts were wrong as I stumbled upon a video that confirms I'm in the right side of things with my hopper fleet as is. I'll leave a video for you guys. I hope you enjoy.

Justin, those 2 bay hoppers toward the end of the train were "captive" cars. They were cars that were over 50 years old, so were illegal for interchange, but were still in very good shape. They are the cars with yellow painted ends on the sides, and three yellow "X's".

Justin, those 2 bay hoppers toward the end of the train were "captive" cars. They were cars that were over 50 years old, so were illegal for interchange, but were still in very good shape. They are the cars with yellow painted ends on the sides, and three yellow "X's".
Oh yes the good ol moonshine cars.

That park railway is really impressive, quite some engineering on that line! Here's another video of it.

[Slowly peeks around window frame until one eye can see into the room]

Uh, hello?

[gets ready to run]

Right there!

DSC_5236.jpg

Oh, wait, that's a bighorn sheep. My mistake. Photographed him in Chet's part of the world, Yellowstone NP.

Last edited:
Hello-I'm back. Haven't been myself of late. Don't know who I am.
Anyone know what IT is ? I don't seem to be with IT. Or even up to IT.
And what the heck is SORTS ? Maybe I feel this way because I'm out of sorts.
Went to fix something and couldn't find a part needed . SNAFUED.
Continued to try and whatta yuh know- FUBAR .
Gremlins and Murphy combined to BOHICA me. (Bend Over Here It Comes Again.)
Anyway, missed you guys.I'm about ten days behind.
Phil

Hope your behind catches up to you soon Phil, walking around without a behind definitely makes it hard to move forward.

Hope your behind catches up to you soon Phil, walking around without a behind definitely makes it hard to move forward.
Not to mention, hard to sit down.

Anyway, good morning. It's mostly clear and 61. We have an orange air quality alert here, and I'm heding off in a few minutes to take the travel trailer to work to replace the air conditioner and television antenna.

Good heavens: Phil and Beady in the same evening?
What is the world coming too?

Northern Louisiana this morning - moving up to LA (lower Arkansas) this afternoon.

Nice to see some of the folks who haven’t been here in a while come back. I think the new software is encouraging folks to participate more. It’s easy to use, uploading photos is finally a quick and simple process and that makes it enjoyable.

Speaking of the new software... I’ve now finished the last item on my list of improvements, making it so that you can upload pretty much any photo without having to shrink it first.

Now that I’ve completed that, does anyone have something that doesn’t seem to be working right? Is there anything that could be easier or work better? I can’t guarantee I’ll be able to change it, but I can take a look and see what I think.

Good Afternoon - where did the morning go - 59°, and currently cloudy, looks like a rainy weekend. Nice to see folks who have been away.

Good Afternoon,

It's pretty yucky here, with overcast and rain. I spent some time today tracing out the window and door cuts on the depot walls. I will probably start cutting them out tomorrow. I'm taking Mom out to supper tonight. She didn't want to go out tomorrow night.

Phil- Good to see you posting. I hope you find your butt:eek:.

Sherrel- Cute with the LA comment:).

I hope everyone has a good night.

Ok whoever turned up the heat needs to turn it back down. Near 90 right now. Too freaking hot! Haven't worked the trains today as I've been running errands all day.

Howdy ...

Phil ...... Nice seeing you.... I hope you are okay. Your post makes me wonder.

Bob ... Nice photo of a bighorn.

Justin ... Same heat here.... Forecasted to continue until middle of week when rain will cool it.

Sherrel .... Is there too much heat for humans and dogs on your trip? .... Sounds like you are having a great trip regardless, and that is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back