Running Bear's Coffee Shop May 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
6CD6B7A9-6665-4E62-BE9A-231CECF8FD98.jpeg

Thanks, that’s the idea! The easier it is to post, the more people will do it. I want it to be fast and simple.

The same with videos, you just paste in the url, the forum inserts it for you.

Anyone have experience with the MRC Command 2000 DCC controller? I remember these being advertised some years ago but at that time I was building my very first layout and didn't care to even know what DCC was.

Anyone have experience with the MRC Command 2000 DCC controller? I remember these being advertised some years ago but at that time I was building my very first layout and didn't care to even know what DCC was.
They function, but are so basic it's almost harder to use one of them than a more advanced controller.

Thanks, that’s the beauty of Yellowstone, he was just chilling out, nibbling on some grass. Paid no attention to the Paparazzi with big lenses oohing and ahhing.

I know that it is probably my wifi service with both wife and myself on it same time, but several full size photos have failed to load. They start like gangbusters, then fade 1/3 to 1/2 done. i.e. -- No Bighorn at all!

Ok so then for my layout. Being it's only a 4x8. What would be a decent controller just to get started? Prefer one that's more budget friendly.
What ever you choose, a radio link is one of the greatest things to go with DCC so you can work your train around the layout instead of being tied to one spot to control it.

Good morning. It's clear and 74, heading for 95 later. Orange air quality alert through Monday evenng.

I don't know if anybody here is familiar with the Warner Brothers cartoon called "Pinky and the Brain", but it appears the Brain has taken up residence in our house. A few days ago, I noticed mouse droppings on one of the kitchen counters. I cleaned them off, and set a pair of mouse traps, using peanut butter as bait. The mouse ate the peanut butter off the traps, leaving them unsprung. Okay, I got some glue traps, and set them under the old-fashioned traps. The next morning, one of the traps was sprung, but the peanut butter remained. I added fresh peanut butter, and reset the traps. This morning, the little so-and-so found a potato chip clip, dragged it over to the traps, sprung them using the chip clip, and ate the f-ing peanut butter. He also left some hair on the glue trap.
I'm open to suggestions, and am considering napalm...
I took a picture of the problem area, in case there are any doubters.

Attachments

• IMG_3111.JPG
    IMG_3111.JPG
    347.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
A passenger's video (hence the fast panning in many places) of a ride on a train at the Qld Soc. of Model and Experimental Engineers Inc., Pine Valley Railway, at Warner in the north west of Brisbane. 14:15 minutes long.

I'm open to suggestions, and am considering napalm...
I used, in the end, having similarly used peanut butter with the same result, what they were actually stealing, the dogs hard, dry food. It was formed into balls about 3/8th or so round which luckily jammed into the cup on the trap's trigger, aided by some peanut butter as well. The trick is to make sure the bait is well held, so they chew on it and preferably, stand on the trigger while doing it.

Caught one poor little blighter by his tail, didn't have the heart (or courage) to knock him on the head, so released him into a stormwater drain out in the street. He came back and obliged in getting caught properly the next time. Knew it was him by the kink in his tail.

Terry, RAY!
Those stories have to be true! No one could possibly make up a "tail" such as that?
I did notice in your photo that you caught a fair sized ant!
Still laughing!

N G - This is for you ! SUCCESS IS THE ABILITY TO GO FROM ONE FAILURE TO ANOTHER WITH NO LOSS OF ENTHUSIASM.
- WINSTON CHURCHILL .

Don't wish to spoil any ones day so I keep to myself. Heck, it's just life. You don't know what good is unless you have the bad .
And the hurrier I go, the behinder I get.
Prayers for all,
Phil

Good morning, 53° and cloudy - feels like it's fixing to rain - Heat is still coming on at night, :(. On the bright side, I haven't needed the AC yet.

Terry: Looks like you need a cat, but avoid cartoon cats like Sylvester and Tom!

Sherrel: Your problem is that sheep avoid Wile Coyotes with cameras.:rolleyes:

Justin: Any of the current entry level controllers will meet your needs. Most come with a wire that allows you to walk around a 4'x8' layout. The only controller that is not upgradable is the Bachmann one. Everyone has their favorites, I started with the MRC Prodigy Express, and have upgraded to the Prodigy Advance², which is upgradable to their wireless system. Others prefer Digitrax and NEC. They all will do what you want, so it comes down to price and preference. The MRC Command 2000 is an obsolete system, that's probably no longer supported.

We had a mouse problem in a Burger King restaurant back in the 70s. Corporate wanted to use poison to kill them but being a new, low on the ladder manager, my warning fell on deaf ears. The poison was laid out and sure enough the critters took it then climbed behind the walls and died. The place stunk for weeks until corporate authorized the expense for the walls be torn out to remove the dead mice.

Gene: Great photograph of the SW1200 Canadian National locomotive!!! The color scheme is one of my favorites. Is the locomotive an Athearn?

Greg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back