Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXII

Greetings gang....
I hope that you lot are all doing well....

My deliveries the last few days....

DSC_0410.jpg

....and how they're stored, for the time being....
Scanner and proper boxes to store them this month I think....

DSC_0411.jpg

Have pleasant weekend troops!

Last edited by a moderator:
One more thing...it's Creighton vs. Villanova for the Big East Championship, this evening. Go Cats!

Good Morning Friends. 58° and overcast this fine morning. There's rain in the forecast starting around 5 this afternoon. Current radar shows it to be 300 miles away and possibly skirting off to the SE of our area. I really need rain, and I planted green beans in the garden yesterday in anticipation...that and it's time anyway. Full moon tonight...actually at 9:45 am CST tomorrow morning, but it will be on Toot's side of the world. Indians called this the Full Worm Moon since it coincided with earthworms starting to move in the softer soil. They started here about 25 days ago.
Didn't spend much time in the train shed yesterday; I was planting, doing housework, other yard work, and watching after the granddog. She's too young not to wander off if I don't check up on her every so often. I did do the remaining work on a chain-link fence and envisioned some other things.

Bruce - "500 sq feet of pooltable flatland" isn't necessarily boring if you are able to intersperse towns, industries and other scenic effects into it. I have watched the "Michigan Central" for about two years now, and the only concern for me is the accessibility issue. It may not be an issue with folks younger than me, but the duck-under (really a crawl-under) distance that you have (4' wide I believe) would be too excessive for me to use on a regular basis. Keep thinking and try small areas at a time to get a good feel for what you want. You're doing what you said all along, with the set-up and dismantling and rebuild until you get what you want the final (yeah!) layout to be. Best of luck moving forward.
Justin -
I have been contemplating the same thing as well. I didn't have nearly all the structures I needed when I started my build and now I'm struggling to get everything to fit.
That's why many of us are on our second, third or more versions of our layouts. I am one, this being my fourth and presumably last version. So many things are learned on the first one for sure...Bruce is there now as well. Hmmm! Impulse purchasing...that's another reason for expanding and improving. Don't ask how I know this. I recently pre-ordered four more locomotives when I already have 80 and no room for more. Looks like the retirement shelf (locos, not me) will now have to expand!
Chet - Hilarious video only because she was unharmed. What a ride!
Terry - I am hoping that your family's medical issues are fading. It's no fun, but take care of yourselves first and foremost.
Beady - Those neighbors that you might take in, are they the same ones that gave you and your wife a bathroom pass???
Louis - "Drilling the sidings"...looks like Joe jumped back in and responded. I have heard that expression used in Texas as well.

After reading some of you all's posts over the last three months, I sure am glad that it only snowed once here this winter, barely 2", and didn't stick to any roads. Note that the friends thing got me too, until I figured out the thing which Terry described. I agree with Garry about everybody around here being friends anyway!

Everybody have a great day and don't forget to re-set your clocks tonight. Is it forward or backwards? I'll wait until morning and and see what Microsoft tells me!!!:D

Willie

Might as well redo the entire thing as there is NO way I'm going to be able to sell this house as long as the next door neighbors continue to "let it go" like they have been doing. Toys all over a yard is one thing but this is quite another. TRASH everywhere! Broken tents, equipment, recycling containers, clothing sinking into the grass, broken bikes, hoses, chairs, shelving units, rain gear, shreds of...I dunno what laying scattered about. I've lived "low" a time or two but there is no excuse for this mess. No WAY I'm selling this place with that next door! Two or three times a month there is a drunken screaming argument in the driveway RIGHT under my bedroom window! (even in Winter!)I don't really like living in town at all and this just gives me all the more reason to want to GET OUT of this cursed place.

Good morning ....... Here we have snow on the ground and more coming down. Remarkably, it was sunny and in the 70's two days ago.

MILW 113 .... That is a lot of slides.

Joe.... I, too, say "Go Cats".... U of KY plays U of AL ... :D

Does Daylight Savings Time cause global warming ? ..... LOL

Chilly 16 deg here in Mass a tu shi(r)ts tday! Going to visit my Mom today. She is just hitting 99 years old in a few months, but not doing very well at all. I hope she can know its me .. again. Flo, bring me a quick coffee before we head on down to Connecticut. See all you later

Good Morning to All. Spose to be 87 for a high today. Think I will venture out and enjoy it with a trip to the desert. The cactus are really blooming this year and the desert is in full green. I have "new brakes", smog check, oil change, and a fresh tune-up. Poor old truck hasn't had that much done to it in years and it sure runs better.
Our trip to the East was not without drama! Spousal Unit left her credit card at the restaurant where we had dinner in Charlotte. It happened to be the card that she uses for everything in order to accumulate points for travel. She spent most of the day yesterday cancelling all the automatic billings/payments that go towards that card. Now she will have to set them all up again when she receives the replacement card in a few days. Just prior to leaving town, we discovered that we had left our garment bag - you know, the one with our dressy suits, shoes, shirts, and such st the hotel when we went to Lake Arrowhead last month for the wedding there. So, we will have to plan a trip back there to retrieve same.

That's about it from here this morning .. back atcha later.

Clear and cold here in SE Wisconsin....snow tomorrow night maybe 2 or maybe 6 inches...forecasters do not know! Have most of the day to work on the layout. A couple of projects are working on the DownTown Deco project, vac the floor again and remeasure for carpet tiles.

Really need to dust the layout once I have the tiles installed.

Great layout website is www.bonavistarailroad.com the layout of Gerry leone who writes for Model Railroader.

Have fun.

Greg

Well fellers my new C&O unit is on its way. Looks to be a good time to paint on my merchants row kit today. Hopefully soon I can get it into place. I have been contemplating removing my engine house entirely. Maybe just have engine facilities with storage tracks. I haven't made up my mind yet. I'll try to post some progress pictures today on my build.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Just realized that Kaiser scheduled my upcoming colonoscopy on the same day as our wedding anniversary.
That ought to get a few remarks in the family!

Now .. for all you peeps!

weather.jpg

Beady - Those neighbors that you might take in, are they the same ones that gave you and your wife a bathroom pass???
Things are back to normal now, and I can get back to complaining about my basement.

Previously, we had lived in the country for decades, and when the power went out we lost *everything.* The first winter we lived here, we had an ice storm and lost power for several days, a week or so before Christmas. It was a couple of days before someone just happened to make a remark that made us realize we had water pressure and hot water, so could use the toilet and take showers.

I never reset the clocks until Sunday morning. I refuse to give up an hour of sleep.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Good afternoon, 18 and partly sunny. Woke up this morning to a brisk 8 degrees. Maybe see some snow Sunday into Monday, hopefully won't accumulate to much.

Headed to Madison, Wisconsin Monday and overnight, coming home Tuesday. It is interstate the whole way so should be pretty cleared off by Monday noon.
Nothing else for now,

Very nice, Curt! Pretty long distance to run for a home layout. Rivals a few others around here.
Thamks

Wooooo!!!! Another C&O unit back to the active roster! I found my missing handrail on the floor by my layout.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Back