Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXII

Mornin train peeps. Flo, Ill have a muffin and a cup a joe please. Got an inch of snow this morning but its stopping now here in Western Mass. Just reached 32 deg so we hope it to be better this afternoon. Like many of you it will be colder this weekend here. Looks like more snow this Tuesday so I got out my shovel to get rid of it (shown below) so I think my drive way should be drive-able very quickly..... lol

what snow.jpg

Morning Gents, hope all is well with all of you.

A COMPLETE tear-down-re-build is on my fevered mind as of late. NOW that I have a WEE bit more knowledge than when I first started I think I could make something VERY cool in this space. More elevation and a little more accessibility would be nice and it IS mine so I guess I could change it around anyway I want. Start lower and go higher, 500sq feet of pooltable flatland is cool but BORING!
I have been contemplating the same thing as well. I didn't have nearly all the structures I needed when I started my build and now I'm struggling to get everything to fit.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Good morning Everybody!

Late night working yesterday and I feel grrrrreat! :) Got up early, as usual and got all my paper work done and this day is planned out! Let's roll rock!

It's like spring training and I'm starting to get my legs under me. I got command of my fastball, now I can work on the off speed stuff. Metaphorically speaking of course., God knows I can't throw, let alone throw a fastball!

For those of you going through ... stuff Don't let the bastards get you down!

I wish I had more time, but that is all for now.

Have a great day Everybody!

God bless us Everyone!

Make room at the counter, please! Need coffee quickly, please!
Looking at the roller coaster weather all you peeps are having is making me nervous - I better have lots of coffee to calm myself down. I remember those years, living in K.C. when the saying was - Don't like the weather .. wait a few hours and it will change.
OK, It's changing to summer around here. High was 88 yesterday, changing to a forecast of 83 today, and then back to the high 80's all the way to 91 next week. The one partly cloudy day that was forecast for this weekend has now given way to solid sunny.

I'm grounded today with p/u dropped off at the shop last night. BIL was in San Diego and met me at the auto shop for a ride home about 10pm. I shoved a work list and the key into the mail slot in the door. Bobwill call me in a couple hours with estimates on repairs - it's a pretty healthy list as nothing has been done to it in several years and it needs some TLC.

Glad to hear that none of you had any injuries from the storms. Beady - How about your neighbor? Are you taking in boarders now that your basement is slowly becoming useable again?

Karl - I did not comment, but glad too .. that your SWMBO is feeling better!
Everyone stay warm!

That guy standing right next to the track, up front, must not be a rail fan. He didn't even look at the train let alone stop what he was doing to watch, like the rest of us would.

That was cool and the brown cars (like at 0:43) looked very realistic with the coal loads!

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to mention in my other post...my wife was cleaning out her Mother's house in advance of the real estate closing. She came across a article from the Milwaukee Sentinel, dated February 1936 about a steam passenger train that got stuck in snow drifts near Jackson, Wisconsin. Jackson is located between Milwaukee and West Bend, Wisconsin.

The article had photographs of a crew of workmen attempting to hand shovel the tracks. Another photo shows a rotary plow clearing the snow. The author claims the some of snow drifts were as high as the telephone poles along the tracks.

I'll try to scan the information and do a post later.

Greg

I wonder if the 4 year old learned some new vocabulary...

Don't know about the vocabulary, but I think her mom probably had to changer her drawers. The vocabulary addition could have been what was in her drawers.

When I saw that I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Just glad that she was alright.

We had those winds in our part of the state as well. There's a huge landfill on the edge of the county and the two days of gusts up to 63 MPH that blew millions of plastic bags out of the landfill and on to the surrounding properties. What a mess.

I think the words out of the mouth of the landfill manager can't be repeated after once he saw the mess. And, then wait until his boss sees the bill for the massive cleanup!!! He'll create a new vocabulary.

Greg

Greg - I'm sure that he used some quite colorful words. Our local landfill is not far off of the interstate, but in windy conditions, they close the joint so those problems don't happen. As soon as something has been dumped, it's immediately covered. I will admit that they do a great job.

Justin - Nice photos - Your scenery certainly has improved from when you first started posting. Well done.

Afternoon All,

Well I planned on shooting a video today but that didn't happen. I had problems with the camera and by the time I figured it out MOH had let the birds loose and then the I'm free screech fest had started.

I ended up replacing a 4' curved piece of flex track in between 2 T/O's. In one area of the layout any time a loco ran through it I would hear a fairly loud thunking sound. Occasionally there would be a derail but nothing frequent. I figured it was a T/O issue but I discovered there was a slight kink on 1 rail going into a T/O. I figured I could just adjust the one end...WRONG. To get both ends correct I had to pull the old one (curve) and redo it. It took a couple of hours to get everything right and the curve geometry shifted slightly. Fun Times.

VA Ken- That sounds like a fun time Saturday.

Johnny- Have fun at the show.

Karl- You sound like an experienced husband with that quote.

Chet- Nice picture. When I tried to play that video a red box came up and said that Android is not supported. I will try playing it on my computer when I am done with this post.

Greg- That is incredibly lucky.

Justin- Great layout pic's.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Picked up my new BLI ES44AC UP this evening on the way home. I'm gona get a bite to eat then put this on the track downstairs and put it to work.

Howdy ..

Chet .... Cute video of the little girl.

Ken in VA ... Sounds like a nice acquisition.

Curt .... Hopefully, the track is corrected now.

Justin .... Wow 1... The new Cadillac is now scrap. There must be more to the story.... Nice layout pictures.

Also for Justin ..... I have three C&O Chessie freight cars that were given to me. I had thought about repainting them for the CB&Q, but I doubt I will ever get around to that. If you would like to have them, send a PM. I don't want anything in return. You can have the 100% veteran's discount. There are two Roundhouse hopper cars and one Athearn 40' boxcar painted by Bev-Bel ...Kadee couplers .... Chessie System is too recent for my layout.

CO%20Ches_zpsc5ujbthh.jpg

Ken in VA-- Hope you enjoy your new "toy". Have an engineer friend with BNSF who hates those things with a passion. I spent over two hours trying to get a new belt on my 4 inch saw to cut your timbers .. wound up taking the saw to my mechanic (the truck was ready to be picked up) where he put the new belt on in hmmm 30 seconds. Some days I just want to crawl into a hole.

Garry -- Darn nice gift to the service guy! What a nice thing to do!
BTW -- Got any SLSF stuff to get rid of? LOL, would be probably out of my time frame as well. LOL

Chet -- I'm still trying to figure out how that little philly hung on to that handle all the way around!

Howdy ..

Chet .... Cute video of the little girl.

Ken in VA ... Sounds like a nice acquisition.

Curt .... Hopefully, the track is corrected now.

Justin .... Wow 1... The new Cadillac is now scrap. There must be more to the story.... Nice layout pictures.

Also for Justin ..... I have three C&O Chessie freight cars that were given to me. I had thought about repainting them for the CB&Q, but I doubt I will ever get around to that. If you would like to have them, send a PM. I don't want anything in return. You can have the 100% veteran's discount. There are two Roundhouse hopper cars and one Athearn 40' boxcar painted by Bev-Bel ...Kadee couplers .... Chessie System is too recent for my layout.

CO%20Ches_zpsc5ujbthh.jpg
Garry I tried to pm you. Said your inbox was full and wouldn't send.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Back