Running Bear's Coffee Shop LX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Garry, I did some research and could not find a state inheritance tax, and also found the federal tax rate to kick in at 5.43 million, which we certainly will not have to worry about.

I wonder if the lawyer was just gauging my reaction to the whole tax question in general, in determining my suitability as court appointed personal representative of the estate.

Corruption has rendered the concept of a "tax" down to nothing more than out and out theft. IF it was going to be used for the proposed purpose that would be in keeping with the whole premise of what a tax is purported to be, this is not the present case. I don't blame em, if I was "rich" I'd be browned off having to pay for hookers and dry cleaning in DC TOO! LOL!

Corruption has rendered the concept of a "tax" down to nothing more than out and out theft. IF it was going to be used for the proposed purpose that would be in keeping with the whole premise of what a tax is purported to be, this is not the present case. I don't blame em, if I was "rich" I'd be browned off having to pay for hookers and dry cleaning in DC TOO! LOL!

BRUCE - is 100% spot on! Taxes would be a smidgen of what they are if there were not so much graft and corruption within the political ranks. It's easy tp be free with OPM. Witness the "Moonbeam" hiring of the former Attorney General at the sum of $25,000 per month - That is criminal - I will do whatever I can to keep from paying one more cent than is necessary!

Garry - That "homebuilt" OBS CB&Q car has to be one of the best looking I have seen. To me, the silver passenger cars were the best looking ones of all! (dodging rocks, bottles, and rotten tomatoes)

Sunny in Wisconsin...going for drinks to meet a friend from high school. We been friends for over 50 years!!! Where does the time go?

No trains today or tomorrow with the Packer game on Sunday..."Go Pack Go". Maybe a hard game for Green Bay with the injury to Number 87 Jordy Nelson last week, but there's a ton of tenant on the Green Bay team.

Anyway, Monday will be a train day.

Have a nice weekend.

Greg

Karl:

I have the NP car myself. It sure looks nice sitting on a siding with the rear red light on. I'll have to get the interior lighting kit too. Has it difficult to install?

Thanks.

Greg

Afternoon All,

Did some chores this morning then continued working on the flat car. I finished building the open wooden storage box (for cables etc.), painted and weathered it. I also measured and drew out the plan for the support beam that the crane boom will rest on while traveling.

No train club tonight since I am helping out with the open house tomorrow 12-5.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Guess I want MIA yesterday. My friend called from Great Falls needing a ride back here. His new (3 months old) Ram pickup died on him. He had it towed to a Dodge dealership and it was diagnosed as having a bad ECU. The brain died. Went up and brought him backto town and just had aenough time to gag down dinner and make it to the bowling alley in time for our bowling league.

This morning we went to town for beer and groceries and then I went and plowed the driveway (again).

Karl -
Like the business car. Looks sharp. I think I have the same MP car that Greg and Garry have.

Dave - I think that the "Death Tax" is crazy. People work all their life, paying taxes and then the government taxes again what they have already taxed. I wouldn't be surprised that some day they would have you breathe into a tube and get your lung capacity and tax you on the air you breathe.

Picked up the mail on the way back from town and my signs came in the mail.

IMAG1001.jpg

That's what I am working on now is some of the smaller details. Did manage to get a few installed.

IMAG1002.jpg IMAG1003.jpg IMAG1004.jpg

I have a list of detail items started sitting in my Walthers catalog. Going to get some more ordered.

The wife says it's time to watch Grand Tour on Amazon Prime. I always liked Top Gear. BBC sure shot themselves in the foot when they fired Jeremy Clarkson. May and Richard left also and the crew in the new series just didn't have it and the show went off the air.

Later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karl .... Here are two CB&Q business cars....

The Kato prototype is "The Burlington" which was built by Budd company.

a%20burl_zpscjymjhdq.gif

The other is "The Roundup" which CB&Q shops made from an old heavyweight car. Note the six wheel trucks.

BC-CBQ01_zps42rv4urn.jpg

It is a great kit bashing job !

Garry
That car is special to me. The Round Up was under private ownership when it was leased to The Entertrainment Line a modest dinner train operation over Maryland Midland tracks. I was a conductor on that train for the last 2 years that it operated. (hence, the "retired conductor" with my avatar) . Only used with private parties, it was my favorite car on the train. But we knew her as the "Northern Lights"

Northern Lights.jpg

Northern Lights - Private Rail (ex-CN 15111, exx-95, exxx-4, exxxx-CB&Q The Round-Up, exxxxx-220 Mississippi, exxxxxx-4811, exxxxxxx-220 Cheyenne/Denver, exxxxxxxx-220 Mississippi, nee-SP&S 570) Mod. HW corrugated business car rblt. from lounge solarium observation, formerly coach originally parlor solarium observation. originally built by Barney & Smith in 1919.

Someday I'd like to change the trucks and drumhead, and put smooth panels around the rear "porch" (not worried about the window placement) and add her to my 1:87 recreation of the "Entertrainment Line" For now, it stays a Kato built it.

Attachments

• Northern Lights.jpg
    Northern Lights.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 248
Hi Garry, I did some research and could not find a state inheritance tax, and also found the federal tax rate to kick in at 5.43 million, which we certainly will not have to worry about.

I wonder if the lawyer was just gauging my reaction to the whole tax question in general, in determining my suitability as court appointed personal representative of the estate.

Dave .... We can learn a lot researching with Dr. Google. You can look up laws pertaining to wills, estates, probate, and so on. That way you may attempt to keep the lawyer honest. (if there is such a thing as an honest lawyer. LOL).

Sherrel ... I certainly prefer stainless steel passenger cars too. To each his own, however.

Greg .... The interior lighting it was easy from what I recall. It has been several years now.

Bruce .... Corruption in government ? ... Is that a joke? ... LOL

Chet ... Nice scenes. I have some of that brand of signs, and I like them. .... I run my NP Biz Car as the last car in my version of the North Coast Limited. The second to last car is my NP SlumberCoach. That way I have the stainless steel car separating the Kato car which has greens that do not match the NP cars.

Did anybody see in the news a video of a large truck running into a plow truck in Utah causing the plow to go over an embankment a down 300' into a ravine ? ... Wow ! .... I do sometimes see big trucks driving too fast for conditions in bad weather, and I wonder why those drivers keep their CDL's.

Garry
That car is special to me. The Round Up was under private ownership when it was leased to The Entertrainment Line a modest dinner train operation over Maryland Midland tracks. I was a conductor on that train for the last 2 years that it operated. (hence, the "retired conductor" with my avatar) . Only used with private parties, it was my favorite car on the train. But we knew her as the "Northern Lights"

View attachment 60163

Northern Lights - Private Rail (ex-CN 15111, exx-95, exxx-4, exxxx-CB&Q The Round-Up, exxxxx-220 Mississippi, exxxxxx-4811, exxxxxxx-220 Cheyenne/Denver, exxxxxxxx-220 Mississippi, nee-SP&S 570) Mod. HW corrugated business car rblt. from lounge solarium observation, formerly coach originally parlor solarium observation. originally built by Barney & Smith in 1919.

Someday I'd like to change the trucks and drumhead, and put smooth panels around the rear "porch" (not worried about the window placement) and add her to my 1:87 recreation of the "Entertrainment Line" For now, it stays a Kato built it.

Karl ...... Is "Northern Lights" your X? ?? . .... LOL ..... Beautiful photo. ..... There is a photo on the internet of "Roundup" on the rear of the Denver Zephyr near where I grew up in Illinois. DZ looks good in the photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening fellers. Had a busy day today. Had to start contract negotiations with my union today. Alot of proposals today. Granted we won't get what we ask for. Hopefully this will go off without a strike vote for us. I'll get into my trains tomorrow. Not much to do with the construction aspect of it. However I'll enjoy running them. Y'all have a good night and I'll catch up to y'all later.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Good morning. It's cloudy and 43.
I just learned The Circus will be shutting down in May. Anybody that wants to see it should make plans to attend before then. :(

Justin - Dealing with unions, not a fun job. What do they do when ya say that their demands will shut your business down?

37 degrees here in King George, VA this morning. Hope it warms up a bit so I can ride out to Culpepper to watch the play offs later this afternoon.

15 degrees and big doins in the hood up the road last night! Usually once or twice a week the fire dept goes a thundering by on their way to put out something and once or twice a week the same amount of police cruisers BOOKIN up the road only last night it was BOTH fire and police and an unusually large amount of units over a much longer period of time! Having trouble with this computer finding information on exactly what happened. A gas station robbery would not have brought so many fire units, and I found an account of a shooting but no fire was mentioned. My sons friend lives over that way so we will quiz him and find out.

Unions eh? My Great Grampa was in the big strikes in Detroit back in the 30's and I was always a "union man" BEFORE I got a job with a union attached to it! I paid "initiation fees" FOUR times! over the course of five years, kept getting "laid off" and re-hired EACH time paying initiation fees! When I got let go the last time after FOUR fees and five years of "dues" they could not do a THING for me!
Now I piss on unions from a great height! They lost me.

The spirit of what a union should be is not a bad idea, when it becomes nothing more than money laundering for a political party it needs to be no more!

Good Morning All. 42° and quite foggy this morning. So foggy that I cannot see the train shed from the back porch, a distance of only about 100'. Hope the fog lifts so I can find my way later! Did some more work on my kitchen remodel yesterday.
Speaking of the train shed, I am continuing to fasten down track and install wiring. It's slow going only because I am not spending much time out there right now.
Dave - I hear you! When I still worked, I always withheld only what was needed, so I got a minimal refund...don't like the idea of the government using my money interest-free all year long. Generally averaged $20-$40 refunds for over 40 years.
Louis -
The Rich object to taxes because of GREED.
I think that we all object to unnecessary & excessive taxes. In particular, I object to re-distribution of wealth even though I am not rich. I will always willingly pay for defense, necessary infrastructure (not bridges to nowhere), health and safety needs.
Chet - The additional details really enhance your already great scenes.
Greg & Sherrel - Sorry, but I am looking forward to a Cowboy win today, even though I will not see much of the game.
Bruce - Governmental corruption??? Isn't that redundant?

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back