Running Bear's August 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
TomO - I sure hope that you are able to "nip it in the bud". That is exactly what I have been plagued with for almost two weeks now! The sinus drip with me is like a river!
Gone through half of my prescription and still having flare ups? If does not end when the pills run out - then an UC facility will be warranted.
Called the GP at the Clinic and his nurse says I am doing what they would tell me to do, but if there is no improvement to call.

Made a run to the ever growing composting area on the property. Then texted the SIL that the piles need to be turned and does he want to do it or should I. Returned text said he’ll do it by noon.

The sinus now is like a waterfall and that of course irritates the throat. A bit more stuff to do after the break in the outdoor garden cleanup, then a shower, lunch and trains…

Good afternoon. It’s sunny/cloudy/raining hard, all within 15 minutes. Temp is 88 with a feels like of 107.
I encountered a bizarre computer issue, and am waiting to here back from the manufacturer for a solution. I performed a storage upgrade on my laptop, from a single 1tb ssd, adding a 2nd ssd with a capacity of 2tb, totaling 3tb of storage. The laptop booted and recognized the second drive, and everything looked good. Then, after an hour or so, the computer started doing some really goofy things, like randomly going to sleep, images and sound stuttering and going fuzzy, and moving like a glacier. It is a 13th gen I-9, so if nothing else, it should not be slow. A chat with tech support for the laptop company had me reinstalling Windows after a series of tests and checks. I had removed the second drive for the reinstall, and everything went great. I loaded all my apps and programs back on to the laptop, and everything still worked great.
Then, I added the second drive again, and everything promptly went to hell again.
I have an email out to support for the laptop, there are two things that could be causing this issue. First, the laptop is available with “up to 2tb” from the factory. Adding 2 to the 1 already there may be causing instability, if all it can handle is 2 max. Second, I installed the second drive, and retained AHCI mode, because I’ve learned if I RAID everything together, if one drive has a problem, I lose everything on both drives. For whatever reason, this laptop may require RAID.
I’ll see if the laptop manufacturer can provide the answers to those two questions.

Guy in Kansas had a Llama.....
Around here during the lead up to holidays like Labor Day, Cinco de Mayo, Independence Day and Memorial Day; it isn't uncommon to see goats in the passenger seats of vehicles. They're headed for the BBQ pit in many Hispanic backyards. They're not often in the back of pickup trucks because of their uncanny ability to escape from almost any form of tie-down, and ultimately wreak havoc in traffic. Experienced folks have cages.

Got a question for all of you sportsball afficianados:

Ever heard of this new network?

You can find the intro vid to the network on YouTube, but you still have to $cub$cribe to get the full content.

I ask because I just found out the wife invested the minimum $500 in the channel. And we are the farthest thing from a sports fan household... but the wife subscribes to a couple of financial investment newsletter services and this one piqued her interest. Remember, we're NOT sports fans. Despite me being a news/sports photog for over a decade.

I'm just curious if anyone is seeing the channel on your streaming services or cable tv networks? It's just getting started, so it's not widespread yet.

Good evening. It's thunderstorming and 83.
The issue with the computer seems to be too much storage. I spoke with the computer manufacturer, and they confirmed it is only designed to have "up to" 2TB of storage. The 2TB drive, plus the 1TB it came with, pushed it over the edge. I think it's kind of an odd limit, coupled with an also-odd 24GB maximum for RAM.

Good evening. 59° and clear. Today was pleasant, 77° with a nice breeze from the North. We drove over to the Orchard, found a nice slicing tomato, some corn and broccoli, apple donuts and peach pie. After lunch, we did some chores. Tomorrow, we walk, pick up a Rx, and stop at the grocery, then more yard work. I'm avoiding cutting back some shrubs until the birds migrate. Too many baby birds now.
I added an additional coach to my passenger train, and may add another tomorrow.

Orioles are only 4th in the latest power rankings, although they are second in MLB standings. Huh? Mets and O's off until tomorrow. Tonight is college football Thursday...Gets earlier each year. Villanova opens on Saturday @ Lehigh.

Orioles are only 4th in the latest power rankings, although they are second in MLB standings.
On paper the Orioles don't look very impressive. Statistically the Orioles are 11th in hitting and only 13th in pitching.

Playing smart, good defense and management. Combined with not being selfish players and doing all the little things that help teams win games. Playing the "Oriole way" makes the difference. Cal Ripken Sr. would be proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back