Running Bear's August 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Found this little guy on one of the hummingbird feeders.
He is about 1.25 inches long.

1659985364378.jpeg

Same from me too, DAVE B. I meant to say something yesterday, but forgot!
The closeup frontend shot of your switcher is an awesome photo and the wood tepees - well, lots of work both splitting and stacking!

TomO - the layout photos are praise worthy! I especially like the culvert - not seen on very many layouts.
I cannot believe the rainfall you have been receiving? Shove some this way.

JEFFh - You get an extra Gold Star today! What a nice thing to do for Wyatt! It is a real shame to hear about his parents - so sad.😞 My daughter, previous marriage, is now 5 years clean. I really thought that she wouldn't pull out of it. I do not have any sympathy for alcohol nor drug users. I smoked for 50 years and was "hooked" on them, but never wanted to try anything else. Certainly did my fair share of drinking - I guess I am lucky in that respect?

You just made me spit my coffee! good one!
Here is a Front End Monday!

View attachment 149844
Sirfoldalot, Sherrel my friend Culverts are a railroads best friend! There are 2 on the layout and 2 more in the future box of stuff to do. Cheaper then a bridge!

A different angle to the one I posted
CD6E0A4A-46CA-4782-807F-61BF1EF6B140.jpeg

and this one on the track above my paint bench
872D3243-140D-475D-81D2-309007B3E921.jpeg

So I had Fritos for lunch today with my Elk Hot Link. The burning question is which Fritos are the best, the first ones from a newly opened bag, or the greasy ones from the bottom of the bag???
Willie, you got me on this one. Fritos have not been on my list of eatables for at least 10 years. They reside right below the now banned from my diet, potato chips. Ruffles have ridges, oh the memories!

I don’t remember Fritos as being greasy though. Have one or 2 for me please.

I'll take the greasy ones, please.

One of the kids a couple years behind me at Culver Military Academy was Herman Warden Lay III. His nickname was Frito. He was a nice young man, well liked by pretty much everybody. You never would have known how wealthy his family was if it wasn't for the name.

Good Morning All,

I decided to post early (you are so lucky :rolleyes:.) Been doing chores today and laundry (my day) and getting ready for Dad's return later. I did glue a concrete bumper on the newly ballasted track so I guess I made progress in the train room.

Terry- Great scene. I actually contemplated the SP, Cotton Belt, and PRR when I first got back into model railroading.

Willie- Nice tutorial. The scene is progressing nicely.

Ken D&J- Great video. Love the bridge.

Troy- The vikings look good.

Sherrel- Great family photo.

Dave- The little stuff is never done. Great looking station. If I remember correctly you scratchbuilt it?

TomO- Great layout shots. From your post I guess someone accused you of photoshopping them.

Jeff- I can relate. I have a immediate family member that drank constantly for years (functional alcoholic) but acquired 3 DUI's. We scraped together enough money for a good in house rehab center with the understanding that this was it and they were on their own if they continued to drink. The person saw the light (thank god) and has now been sober 8 years.

I hope everyone has a good day and night,
Curt/Jeff- I had an uncle who was in/out of jail & rehab for drugs & alcohol abuse from his teens thru most of his adult life. He, too, had 3 DUIs & lost his license for 10 years(NJ had to go back to 1972 to find a 3rd conviction). Every time that he tried to get clean, my mom would help him get back on his feet. It’s a shame that he had substance abuse issues, because he was a very talented carpenter. He built the most amazing birdhouses & furniture(he built my sister a potato bin & a hutch). He eventually lost his battle with his demons at 51.
Mike - speaking of Biewer Lumber, wife and I toured the mill in about 1998, thought it was in Prentice. We sold them logs for a good 10 years, up until the housing bust.

Every treated board I bought with their tag on it, I figured could have been one of my logs!
Dave- I’ve been through Prentice numerous times. My wife & I got married on a Finnish farm in Brentwood((barely Price County) right off of Hwy 8, right over the county line from Bradley(Lincoln County)). The in-laws have a cabin up in Price County, on one of the creeks outside of Phillips. When we hit Prentice, we know we’re getting close.

Good Evening!

Well, I didn't drown today, and managed a very nice Rainbow. Measured up at 55cm right out of the water, so I won this day.
Rainbow_08-08-2022 (1).JPG

That one was a good fighter, and nearly stripped all the line off my spool. She just wasn't ready to give-up, and I was going to let her go.
The wife would have gone ballistic if I'd done that. All she sees is meat on the table. So, she's in the freezer now.
Myself; I don't need to keep fish. The greatest joy is the process of fishing for them in beautiful country on a great day.

We're going again tomorrow. Lisa won't quit now, until she catches one 55-1/2cm.The layout will come after she redeems herself.

Thanks for the well-wishes on the fishing, and thanks for the likes on these simple posts!

Have a great day tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back