Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Good morning. Friday I will be gone so I am online today and will also do some weathering. We did receive more snow yesterday after I cleared the driveways and sidewalks. But it melted when it hit the cleared areas. The grassy knolls accumulation continued but I don’t care as long as the driveway and walkways stayed clear!

Vacuuming and because Terry is out of town I will also dust today. Normally those are a Friday chore.

The granddaughter’s dental procedure went smoothly per the text messages from the daughter. Out patient surgery is what it was medically coded for because of her being Down Syndrome. The American Family (insurance company) Childrens Hospital in Madison is 2nd in Wisconsin but top 10 in the USA. She had her heart surgery as a 6 month old there too. Great place. The surgery was at 12:30pm and they got home around 9. The grandson ran some trains with me and airbrushed a couple slot cars. He has a very steady hand. His dad is coming to pick him up for school in about 45 minutes. We swam this morning at 6 for 30 minutes.

Enjoy the day

Good morning, everyone!

On today's agenda is another boat ride. We are going to crab island. We wanted to get there to check it out last time we were here and ran out of time. Supposed to be pretty cool. We shall see. We are leaving early Saturday morning so today is our window of opportunity.

Don't know about everyone else, but the forum is running pretty slick for me the last couple of days.

Everyone have a safe day!
Glad the weather turned enough you can get out on the water

Good Morning All. Clear and 42° here. May be the last day this Spring with a temperature that low. Should be a picture-perfect day today, high in the upper 70's, sunshine and no wind. Looking at more of the same until Monday when clouds/storms return.

We went to the feed store yesterday in Gainesville and purchased Tomato and Bell Pepper plants. Wife got some bedding plants also. So I'll be busy with that stuff over the next few days. I took a day off from mowing yesterday, but despite the lack of any meaningful rain, the yard is going crazy as is typical for this time of year. I might just skip today as well and double up tomorrow. Washed both cars since the rain Monday was accompanied with a dust storm from West Texas.
Weekly grocery trek today, I know that the Vitamin Shop is part of the trip, I don't know what else my wife might have in mind. Beer fridge is in serious need of replenishment...I'm down to less than 2 weeks!

I attacked the SP boxcar with weathering powders yesterday out in the train shed. I did this car a little heavier than most that I do
IMG_1534.JPG

IMG_1538.JPG

Not much time for anything else yesterday.

David - Good to read that Dawn is feeling better.
Grizzled - Nice scenes in the mountains.
Todd - Loved the animal shots, especially the kitties. I miss having cats/kittens around any more, but we made the decision to try to remain dependent-free a couple of years ago. All of our animals since we moved in here 43 years ago, have been "drop-offs". It doesn't seem to be happening any more.

Time now to go and see how the stock market might perform today. Slight recovery yesterday after three days of losses,, although I actually only lost money on paper on two of those days. April is typically a strong month, hopefully it can recover soon.

Everybody have a great day.

Morning folks

53F, cloudy, and showers in the forecast. Showers that are much needed.

Flo, a bowl of shredded wheat please and please save me the box. Thanks!

53630656810_8e7db55f9f_b.jpg

53630656500_1b6613b75a_b.jpg

53629321052_a968d8b296_b.jpg

53630656465_672f52bf2f_b.jpg

I'm uncertain how this box managed to survive here for three quarters of a century but it did. The cardboard cut-out locomotive didn't. Those were printed on the cardboard dividers between the biscuits.

Good morning All!!!!
Still running smooth Bob. Thanks for the hard work.
Bill, Erie Tower looked crowded in the photo. :)
Prayers for Hobo Shoestring.

Flo,

Here's a little song to go with the bounce in your step.
Okay, when you're done giving me the look, could you please place my order for the #6 breakfast menu item?
Yup! "The El Grande Del Rio Pacifico Garbage Platter"!!!!
How should I know what's in it? Tasted great last time, plus I didn't eat until the next day.
Something about the way you shake your head while snapping chewing gum, makes me want to keep coming here.

Good Morning All. Clear and 42° here. May be the last day this Spring with a temperature that low. Should be a picture-perfect day today, high in the upper 70's, sunshine and no wind. Looking at more of the same until Monday when clouds/storms return.

We went to the feed store yesterday in Gainesville and purchased Tomato and Bell Pepper plants. Wife got some bedding plants also. So I'll be busy with that stuff over the next few days. I took a day off from mowing yesterday, but despite the lack of any meaningful rain, the yard is going crazy as is typical for this time of year. I might just skip today as well and double up tomorrow. Washed both cars since the rain Monday was accompanied with a dust storm from West Texas.
Weekly grocery trek today, I know that the Vitamin Shop is part of the trip, I don't know what else my wife might have in mind. Beer fridge is in serious need of replenishment...I'm down to less than 2 weeks!

I attacked the SP boxcar with weathering powders yesterday out in the train shed. I did this car a little heavier than most that I do
View attachment 185440
View attachment 185441
Not much time for anything else yesterday.

David - Good to read that Dawn is feeling better.
Grizzled - Nice scenes in the mountains.
Todd - Loved the animal shots, especially the kitties. I miss having cats/kittens around any more, but we made the decision to try to remain dependent-free a couple of years ago. All of our animals since we moved in here 43 years ago, have been "drop-offs". It doesn't seem to be happening any more.

Time now to go and see how the stock market might perform today. Slight recovery yesterday after three days of losses,, although I actually only lost money on paper on two of those days. April is typically a strong month, hopefully it can recover soon.

Everybody have a great day.
Good job on the cars Willie.
Swal

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 61F but it felt cooler with a damp breeze. After breakfast I did floor cleaning and steaming. After that I worked on the tower pretty much getting as far as I can without the lights I ordered (ordered late into the build) :confused: Bad planning on my part. Reminds me of the 6 P's- Piss Poor Planning means Piss Poor Performance (It's a Navy thing, but true).

Mike- Looks like a good time.

Smudge- Nice videos.

Bill- Nice photo.

Troy- That video was different.

TomO- I'm glad granddaughter's procedure went well.

Willie- Nice weathering on the box car.

Swal- Love that picture.

Grizzled- Interesting S.W. box.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Morning folks

I'm uncertain how this box managed to survive here for three quarters of a century but it did. The cardboard cut-out locomotive didn't. Those were printed on the cardboard dividers between the biscuits.
Shredded wheat very versatile
IMG_8306.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8304.jpeg
    IMG_8304.jpeg
    481.8 KB · Views: 12
Evening all,

After nearly 3 hours with support this morning, I got a hotfix to fix an issue with our main firewall. Applied it a bit ago and typing this via a remote desktop session from the office machine. That's good because this would have terminated my session before hotfix. Our model is the only one that the hotfix is available for. I still think everyone should be in the office, as we were hacked due to someone working from home.

Have a good evening!

Morning folks

That box of Shreddies is absolutely cool. Shreddies are still made today, by Post Cereal in Canada, $5.99 US / box at Acme. The Generic Acme brand is $3.00/box so that's what I buy. Great for breakfast with blueberries or sliced strawberries with 2% Lactaid free milk. No Lionel locomotives inside any more, just bite size wheat.

A question for you Southerners:

Is there something against sweet-n-low in the south. I have now been to at least 3-4 restaurants down here in Florida that have not had it. They have Splenda and stevia, but no sweet n low. I have to have it with my iced tea, as the other option (besides plain sugar) give an aftertaste,

Just wondered if it was a southern thing?

A question for you Southerners:

Is there something against sweet-n-low in the south. I have now been to at least 3-4 restaurants down here in Florida that have not had it. They have Splenda and stevia, but no sweet n low. I have to have it with my iced tea, as the other option (besides plain sugar) give an aftertaste,

Just wondered if it was a southern thing?
I never really considered myself a southerner until recently, being from the mid-atlantic area but I too prefer Splenda or Stevia sweeteners, especially in my sweet tea. I also prefer Duke's mayonnaise and a cute lil blonde in a sun dress with a slight Cajun accent.
but that's just lil ole me.

Back