Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyphoto

Snarky Old Fart (in training)
Rabbit Rabbit
Mel's going to switch this place to fine dining, so no cussin' or spittin'

coffee.jpg

WHAT - No April Fools remarks this morning? Well maybe TROY'S post will count as one?

I'ts 45 out here looking for 65 later and it appears that the weather front has moved into AZ.
We racked up another ONE inch of rain yesterday - bring out total to a little over 18 inches for the season. Looking for the 70's starting tomorrow.

The Spousal Unit made a very nice dinner yesterday! The family is slowly "sinking" - there were only 12 here and that includes only 3 under the age of 18. Because of the weather many who had to travel on rain slick roads backed out of coming (don't blame them) roads were probably jammed anyway.

Nice to see the forum working playing nicely today -- Shhhh!
FLO - HAPPY EASTER MONDAY. Just coffee this morning - I have lots o ham and trimmings to eat for the next few ddays. I'll leave you a very nice tip to make up?

Morning all,

65° and cloudy, rain and storms predicted for this evening and into the overnight. High of 76° later. Possibility of a snow flurry by morning although the temp will be in the mid-30's, and be 56° for the high tomorrow, bouncing back to the 70's by Thursday...

Work beckons already...BBL

EDIT: Still working speedy this morning...

Good Morning All. Cloudy and 70° out there, a bit warmish. Humidity is at 83% and the only thing keeping it from being too muggy is the light 8 mph south breeze. The forecast is for strong thunderstorms to arrive around 6:00 pm tonight. These are tornado conditions for this area. I'm hoping for a little light rain myself so I don't have to water the garden this early in the season. After an afternoon high near 80°, a wind shift after the storms will cool things off for maybe three days.

We made the trip to a suburb of Dallas yesterday, to the family Easter egg hunt and luncheon at my oldest sister's home. Food and drink was plenty and mostly good. As the patriarch of the family (eldest son/child of my parents), I always enjoy these occasions. Yesterday's turnout was lighter than expected, only 41 were able to attend. There are 22 others who are also spouses of or direct descendants of my parents, but many of them are too far out of town to attend. My oldest grandson brought his drone with him to make the traditional family portrait to send to those who could not attend.
1711972471567.png

The beauty of the drone shot is that everyone can be in the picture, including him since the camera is remotely operated by his cellphone. I just realized that the guys standing on the two extreme ends are both lawyers, and ironically the one on the left is a liberal and the one on the right is a conservative!. And I honestly don't remember the names of 13 of the 16 third generation kids shown. Only my three grandkids.
After the occasion, we went to daughter #2's home for a while where I took a nap while my wife watched March Madness, and we had take-out Pizza.

No visit out to the train shed yesterday. I believe that I may be over my modeling funk so I'll visit with renewed vigor this afternoon. But I'll probably start off with running some trains to keep all of the little people on their toes.
Here are a couple more random pictures of "action figures" on the layout.
IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_7146.JPG

Tom O - I agree that once debris is cleared and ships start moving in and out of the Baltimore Harbor, there will be tugs assigned all of the way out into the Chesapeake Bay. They certainly don't want a repeat incident.
Ah! Yes. The joys of Prime Rib.
Guy - Great looking progress on the woodshop.
Swal - No this isn't the first freight car to get decals; but I don't remember documenting any in the past.
01-22-20 020.JPG

I do some hand-drawn ones as well, but they represent earlier times and aren't quite as sophisticated.
01-22-20 021.JPG

That's it for now. If the forum keeps behaving, I'll make another post in my picture-heavy layout thread.
Everyone have a marvelous Monday, even if you have to work.:(

Tom a golf friend of mine just bought the Ping G-430 driver. It's the match to the 3 wood I just bought. I'll have a good chance to try it out now. If it's as good as they say it is, I'll buy one. We're on the first tee so he takes my 3 wood out of my bag and says I'm thinking about buying the matching 3 wood. He puts my 3 wood back in my partner's bag. On the 1st hole a par five I'm ready to hit my second shot and can't find my new $348.00 3 wood. I went into a panic. Where did my 3 wood go? On the second hole I see it in my car partner's bag. I thought Thank God.
Swal

April Fool’s Day. Whoopie!

Good morning from Wisconsin where if this was 4/3 instead of 4/1 the joke would be the weather. 3 to 6” of snow predicted for Wednesday. This up and down weather stuff is getting old. 36f degrees now 45 later but after the noon hour and into the overnight maybe 2” of rain…

I did spend 5 minutes maybe yesterday at the bench. All modeling mojo has gone away…

Terry and 2 friends are off this afternoon to see my sister in Pasadena for 3 nights and then a couple nights in Las Vegas. They are seeing a couple shows ( no clue who ) and then off to Austin for a few nights

Good to see the forum being speedy

Enjoy the day

Tom a golf friend of mine just bought the Ping G-430 driver. It's the match to the 3 wood I just bought. I'll have a good chance to try it out now. If it's as good as they say it is, I'll buy one. We're on the first tee so he takes my 3 wood out of my bag and says I'm thinking about buying the matching 3 wood. He puts my 3 wood back in my partner's bag. On the 1st hole a par five I'm ready to hit my second shot and can't find my new $348.00 3 wood. I went into a panic. Where did my 3 wood go? On the second hole I see it in my car partner's bag. I thought Thank God.
Swal
SWAL…

Good way to test clubs. I alway panic when my clubs get misplaced!

Our courses in So. Central Wisconsin seem to be all open. I have been hitting balls every other day in the simulator and a couple hours per week with 3 friends at a Top Golf place. I’m ready to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back