Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a lot more but I’m thankful I get the chance to play golf again and have fun.
Tom, being able to get that under control is something to be truly proud of! Gambling, alcohol, drugs and other things can ruin lives. I lost more than a few family members and friends to drugs. One of my lifelong friends beat a cocaine addiction. I tell him the same as I told you, "It is something to be truly proud of!"

We all have stepped into a stinking pile at one time or another, some are more stinky and stickier than others. It's what we do next that counts.

Thats all my news for today
Thanks for keeping us posted, we love you, Buddy!

The Kitchen redo is progressing along, but still a long way from getting to being able to function again. It will be a showroom when completed - self closing doors and drawers, 48 inch double oven with a six burner cooktop. I just hope that MOH will not forget how to use it?
We remodeled our kitchen 4 years ago. We installed soft close doors and drawers. They are really nice. The downside is I’m used to them now. Our condo in Florida didn’t have them and I would give them a slap like at home and they would loudly slam shut.

Not good early in the morning making coffee while the wife and daughter were trying to sleep in.

Afternoon All,

Started off the day with a walk at 66F and breezy. After chores and errands, I finished up the tower and it's light weathering. Next week I will mount it on the layout. Tomorrow morning, I have to drive Dad to the VA for a Pulmonology appointment that was scheduled on Friday by the clinic, so I'm wondering if they found something in all the testing he's been doing. Tomorrow will tell.

Karl- Nice layout photo.

Smudge- Nice video.

Bill- Interesting photo.

Troy- I hope your back feels better. Very nicely done on the tanks.

Patrick- That's a lot of rain. I'm glad everyone there is OK.

Grizzled- Nice photos.

Guy- Have fun with the grandkids.

Willie- Great detailing. I love the bouncer and the store interior.

Sherrel- Best wishes to you this week.

20240426_105134_copy_4032x2268 (1).jpg

20240428_124225.jpg

20240428_124255.jpg

20240428_124311.jpg

20240428_124328.jpg

Not perfect but it will be sitting about 2 feet from the edge. The sign boards shape and color are the same as the prototype photo.

I hope everyone has a good night.

I understand what you’re saying, it was my culture too, especially the golf gambling. But I am an addicted gambler. It almost cost me the family and after I admitted my problems we came up with a plan. This is it if I want to play golf!
I never bet beyond what I could afford Tom. The only debt I ever had was the house and the cars. They were paid off years ago. I stayed clear of and credit card debt. So I have a pretty large gambling budget, or I call it entertainment budget.
Swal

Good morning everyone!

Another rainy night in Northern Illinois. I will have to check the gauge to see what the offical 3 day total was. As of yesterday afternoon, we had 2". Looks like everything has now moved out of the area.

Check back later.

Have a safe day everyone

Good Morning All. Where the hell is Troy???
Up at 5am today

I was on the book of Faces. Last night I posted an innocent little meme about [political subject redacted] - I don't do it often, but I'd been seeing a local friend posting a lot of the opposite viewpoint.

A retired Gen friend from the West Coast posted to the thread, with a polite challenge about the voracity of the original. So I spent some time digging into it. The original was real. And, the journalism instincts were awake, so I kept digging. And posting interesting articles to the thread.

Did you know that Gov Abbot in Texas... nevermind. You know... politics. ;)

459facd78b9dbaf6122bdf065188fec7.png

Yesterday was the last day that my wife's health insurance paid her nursing home stay. From this point on either Medicaid or I will be paying for her stay there. I guess our lawyer will be letting me know how we stand with that. It's $525.00 a day. People had told me they wait until your completely broke before that start paying the bills. I guess for us that's about 6 months. Then what? I don't know? I know they can't take the house unless I sell it. They tell me they can take one of the cars. They allow you to have one car. I'll let you know when I find out so you can prepare yourself if need be.
Swal

Yesterday was the last day that my wife's health insurance paid her nursing home stay. From this point on either Medicaid or I will be paying for her stay there. I guess our lawyer will be letting me know how we stand with that. It's $525.00 a day. People had told me they wait until your completely broke before that start paying the bills. I guess for us that's about 6 months. Then what? I don't know? I know they can't take the house unless I sell it. They tell me they can take one of the cars. They allow you to have one car. I'll let you know when I find out so you can prepare yourself if need be.
Swal
That’s really sad and is a problem with the system. Have you looked into bankruptcy? it is a way to protect your assets. Depending on your State laws you maybe able to file just on your wife’s bills and her portion of the assets. Bankruptcy attorneys usually have a no fee 1st meeting. Your not skirting or dodging your bills your protecting yourself

Good morning. Yesterday when it rained after the noon hour till I turned the lights off at 1:30am it was a soaker. There didn’t seem to be anything in between, no mist, drizzle or gentlely falling rain. It came down in buckets or cats and dogs (based on your regional terminology). I have not checked the manual gauge out the front door for an amount. Nor have I checked the 2 weather stations on the property.

Ok, I just checked the WeatherChannel app. It’s 56f degrees feels like 50 and heading into the high 60’s. It should be raining now (it’s not) till about 10 and then the % chances of rain drop below 20% for the balance of the day. It also says in the last 48 hours we have had 7” of rainfall. The next 24 hours the guess is under 1/4”.

I looked at the destruction in Oklahoma yesterday via a few videos. The only thing I recognized from our travels along i35 was the Dollar Tree distribution center in Marietta, Ok. Only because It’s the only huge warehouse clearly marked in Ok. Terrible…

I moved all the stuff left in the shop last night to the garage. All was supposed to be cleaned out and moved to the new place but the rain held that up. So I moved everything onto a trailer in the garage. I will put the tarp on it this morning and drive it to the new place. I’m not sure I can get it unloaded today but if not the movers can do it tomorrow for me.

The protesters in the news lately! Does any of this remind you guys/gals of the late 60’s and early 70’s protesting on campus?

With minimum wages increasing why did people not figure out that the cost of things would be going up. Had breakfast yesterday at a NO tipping allowed place. Note on the menu said $20 per hour is the wage and it’s no longer necessary to tip but they had to increase the price of the menu items. I had a great andouille sausage and seafood omelette that last time there was reasonable at around $15.00, yesterday it was $22.50. IMO though still worth every penny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back