Running Bear's April 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Happy Members !
Today is a very happy day for me. I tried these two deadly weapons and suddenly The Love of My Life said to me: "Do it!".

14987.jpg

Then I started building a bigger benchwork for my layout. For the moment it's not completely finished but it's progressing well.

122.jpg

Good morning from the grandkids house about 2 miles from our place. We continue until late Monday evening to watch the g/kids as their parents enjoy the Sonoma County area of California. Woke up to 1/2” of snow on the grass. Not enough though to stop the grandson’s soccer game at 12:30.

Spent some time in the train room yesterday getting things sorted as I move on to the next weathering projects.

We leave on the 30th for our 8 day adventure in Las Vegas. 4 of those days are the golf outing that I am looking forward to. Coach will be over around 4 as we continue to hit golf balls into the simulator every other day together. He though has also been playing outside on the local course. Monday I will join him outside on the putting green. 5 nights in Vegas and Terry has found tickets to shows, she told me not to look at the credit card bill unless I prepare myself. Tickets and dinners out there no longer are reasonably priced but we continue to go.

I do want to stop at the LHS today as he is having a Athearn sale and one of the guys I weather for is looking for their UPS trailers. Much more reasonable then his local California shop he says is retail price only, limited inventory and California tax of 10%.

enjoy the day

Hello Happy Members !
Today is a very happy day for me. I tried these two deadly weapons and suddenly The Love of My Life said to me: "Do it!".

Then I started building a bigger benchwork for my layout. For the moment it's not completely finished but it's progressing well.
I guess the old saying is true.

you catch more flies with honey!

Now get cracking before she changes her mind.

To steep change it now.
Swal
I'm looking at a tear out and redo... but, I don't have room for a helix. So, either I have two separate lines on two separate decks, or I connect them with a grade.

The back wall incline gives me 20-ish feet of room to raise the grade. A 4% grade = 4 inch of rise over 8 feet... So one pass from end to end gets me about 10 inches of rise (counting some curves to meander through the layout. Another two inches of rise by winding around a mountain at one end.

If I double back behind the backdrop, I can get another 8-10, and have 16-inch spacing between the decks. That's the only way I see to make connecting the layout decks work.

Good Morning All. Mostly cloudy and 50°. A little cooler today at 66° and the weather people are once again predicting rain starting shortly after midnight tonight. Since they were wrong earlier in the week, they are trying again with rain predicted for 5 days in a row. Yesterday was great with mild temperatures and sunshine all day long.
Happy Earth Day today. Glad that it's here or we would all be floating around in space.
My neighbor thinks that it will rain. He spent a couple of hours yesterday "raking" my hayfield, probably intending to plant today. I noticed several other farmers in the area doing the same thing on Thursday while I was out driving. It is time to plant Sudan Grass, a type of hay similar to Sorghum but without the grain heads. Deer don't like it, but cows, goats and sheep do.

Out in the train shed yesterday, I worked my way through the "U" that exists at the end of town. This is a residential section on the aisle side after a series of partial backyards adjacent to the track. Most all of these pictures ave been posted before. It starts with Tommy's Tree House which is an old white metal kit from Woodland Scenics.
IMG_6252 (2).JPG

The stuff across the tracks by the backdrop are all temporary until I can actually get to scenicking that area. Tommy's just gets vacuuming and brushing with a soft brush since it is affixed to the layout.
Then on to Tommy's house.
IMG_6189.JPG

Across the road is another home.
IMG_7360.JPG

Then a series of three more along the cross street.
IMG_7354.JPG

03-03-19 002.JPG

09-03-20 003.JPG

Dave in Penn Valley - Great score on the well car and containers.
David (North Brit) - Neat pair of videos regarding the carriage moves.
Patrick - The dollhouse seems like it would be a rather nice project. Those things always interested me although I never went any bigger than HO scale.
Troy - Not a stupid idea, it's called a "nolix", instead of a helix. 4% seems a little steep, but I am not familiar enough with N scale to really know.

Everyone have a great Saturday and a wonderful weekend.

Good afternoon all. A day of persistant rainfall. Took younger granddaughter to her first Weekend Camp. She was a little apprehensive in going, but she is having the time of her life.

David (North Brit) - Neat pair of videos regarding the carriage moves.

They have been converted into tea rooms serving lunches and afternoon teas. Very popular they are. You have to book well in advance; even during the week.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back