Running Bear's April 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the new place, no April Fools here!
Now I realize why i could not reply to anyone!

The place looks nice Terry. I figure you must have spoken to Mel about the beginning lack of tidiness in the diner.

Curt, yes Terry is out of the horse business. Sold the stables in February to the Vet who was taking care of the horses and running her Vet business out of there. A good deal for both. An additional monthly income as Terry is holding the mortgage for the Vet and her wife who happens to be our property manager. Almost 2 months later and while they lost a few clients and horses, they have gained more. That is normal though. Terry made sure all renting stable space knew what was happening so there were no last minute surprises for the clients. Terry is out of the Horse Rescue business, but will help out if needed. She though is no longer the main contact, the Vet is. Terry just moved in March her 2 critters along with 4 of the daughter’s into newly built stables near the new house being built.

Mike, we have been in and out of the safest area of this house, my train room since 6:30PM when the sirens in the city went off. Warnings, watches, severe this or that for T-Storms and Tornadoes are constantly dinging this evening on my Weather Channel app. It’s quiet again now so I am in the cave. Be safe.

Flo, I would like a slice of the German Chocolate cake, thanks

be safe out there

CA275F8B-C601-4023-A3E7-A9600760145C.jpeg

Good morning all. With all this rainfall it is a good job we do not live at the bottom of the hill.

Former North British Railway Station Riccarton Junction. As there was no road in (or out) everything went by rail.

4.jpg

A touch of the blues. Eastern Mediterranean Sea.

IMG_E0208.JPG

David

Finally! The wicked wind from the west that blew in quite a dust storm from West Texas, just abated. Upwards of 25 mph all day long. Car washes will be busy tomorrow. That's our second dust storm of this season.

WILLIE - When I lived in Silverton, CO, we always looked forward to the "RED SNOW" (Arizona & New Mexico) dust storms) as that usually meant that Spring was around the corner - that the snows of Winter were over!

Every now and then APRIL FOOL would play a joke on us!

WILLIE - When I lived in Silverton, CO, we always looked forward to the "RED SNOW" (Arizona & New Mexico) dust storms) as that usually meant that Spring was around the corner - that the snows of Winter were over!

Every now and then APRIL FOOL would play a joke on us!
Spring is already here, no joke. We get 3-4 of these events a year.Can't see the sun even when high in the western sky. The dust burns both the eyes and lungs sometimes. Wind starts about 10:00 am and the dust arrives around 4:00 pm. Everything is coated when the wind stops about 7:00 pm. Pretty predictable once it starts.

Good NEWS - Bad NEWS on the homestead front.

Little dog, Charlie, decided he would eat his dinner; it's the first real - except for a few nibbles - meal for him in over a week and "bouncing" up and down the stairs like nothing happened?

Big dog, 17 YO Foxie, struggles to make it up the stairs - last night she could not get into the bed without my help. I can see that the sun is gradually setting for her days as are mine ahead.
1680352252201.png

Good morning from a very breezy So. Central Wisconsin. Thankfully the massive and dangerous storms sort of missed us. We got all the warnings and watches from about 6:30 to 10 yesterday and then it was calm overnight. We did spent most of the evening in the storm safe room (train room) or my cave downstairs. The 2-3” of rain predicted was just over an inch per the weather app. The high yesterday was 65f degrees. Right now it’s 28f degrees and the snow is coming. The 2-3” of predicted snow ( I doubt it) will hit the ground that this morning is again snow free. Last Saturday we did receive 12”+ of the white stuff. Anything goes for Spring in Wisconsin.

Until Tuesday I have packed away my weathering bench. I want/need a break. If I go into the train room it will be to work on changing out decoders. I want to install 1 of the 3 Blunami Soundtraxx that I have. I will the test it on a DC powered track. Then I will hook up the batteries in a dummy Gp38-2 add the connectors and try that out. I used to run with power on board, 2015 to 2019 but the RailPro setup was the limiting factor.

Tiny snowflakes are falling. It is breakfast time, enjoy your day

Good NEWS - Bad NEWS on the homestead front.

Little dog, Charlie, decided he would eat his dinner; it's the first real - except for a few nibbles - meal for him in over a week and "bouncing" up and down the stairs like nothing happened?

Big dog, 17 YO Foxie, struggles to make it up the stairs - last night she could not get into the bed without my help. I can see that the sun is gradually setting for her days as are mine ahead.
View attachment 165758
I got a pair of these for our dog when she couldn’t get on the bed and couch any more:

Terry is out of the horse business. Sold the stables in February to the Vet who was taking care of the horses and running her Vet business out of there. A good deal for both.
Tom I have a golf friend who builds pole horse barns and is never out of work. He says, I would like to retire but I get so many calls with people wanting to pay me top dollar for the building. Another one of my golf friend's wives takes care of 250 show horses at a facility in Bedford NY. It's a big business not many people know about.
Swal

Good morning, happy Saturday! So far, so good concerning the new phone. Pouring rain right now. 62°, going to 70°. Shame how most of the time the temperature only gets nice, when the South wind brings rain. Tomorrow will only be 50°, with sunny conditions.

Plan on spending some time working on the railroad. My work bench is cluttered with cars waiting for weathering, engines awaiting decoders, and flat cars awaiting loads. I also have some cabin cars to work on, first removing the Regional Assignments, then dullcoteing, and dusting. I want everything to reflect the 1964 Regional Reorganization. (Except perhaps, for cabins stenciled Chesapeake Region). I'm spending all my time in the trainroom, with no time for the work bench...

Enjoy the weekend! Happy Conrail Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back