Running Bear’s November 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1511369568783.jpg
1479341876-q7qdqkg.png
FB_IMG_1511552127768.jpg
4d2aea876645246d62b729bf46e11f8e.jpg

Ray - it looks like there could be another landslide at any minute.
What is a railing doing there? Is that where the landslide excursion train stops for photos? o_O:rolleyes::)
Yes, the railings are a bit strange, being where they are. Does seem to have been a viewing platform, can't see any reason otherwise. With all the other lifting and stabilizing machinery on that shelf, I wondered how they managed to get the loco onto a transporter. The crane's boom can only safely be extended outward so far before, even with it's 'feet' right out, there's a big risk of it toppling over. There were about 4 of the wrecker crew actually riding the loco, where the rear truck had been.

Howdy everyone!

Thanks to all who liked my last post.

Tom - Fine photos from the show. The drive-in theater is a cool feature!
Willie - All the "accessories" beside the building looks good. A lot like behind my shed.
Justin - nice photos
Patrick - good to hear your knee is feeling better.
Mikey - interesting super market

I spent the last couple of days fixin' a section of mainline that would derail two of my 6-axle locos. They would only derail at a certain speed, and then not all the time. The derail section was a S-curve just before the bridge between the two layout tables.
I tried changing the angle of the bridge and tweaking the curves, but no success. What I really needed was a curved bridge. I didn't want to buy another one, so I was determined to make the straight bridge work.
The problem was the radius, which was slightly too small. The bridge and track had to be moved 3" to the left.
This presented another problem as the track would be off the one table. So I had to construct extensions on the side of each bench. I re-laid the cork, track and installed two new feeders. Success! My main is up and running
with no derails. (see photos below)

Now I can get back to my scheduled construction. But all this extra work deserves time to running the trains! :)

Have a good one . . .

Before
79ahZd2.jpg

After
8YyZ7nh.jpg

Ah yes, much better Max, glad you caught, corrected the tight turn.

David - My Thanksgiving couldn't have been better. I hope you had a fine Thanksgiving.

Thanks for the comment on my derail problem. Everything running smooth now. :)

Ray - Interesting discussion on the Recovery. They lightened the load by removing the trucks, first. That size hydraulic
crane has a capacity of 500 tons. A Dash-9 weighs in at about 400,000 lbs. minus the 2 trucks weight. It should
have been an easy clock-wise swing onto a flat car.
About the 4 guys on the loco - you wouldn't catch me doing that!

My turkey trot this thanksgiving- forgot to get the turkey from freezer early, thawed the turkey, cleaned and prepared the turkey, cooked the turkey overnight, sliced the turkey and preserved the juices, took the turkey to my daughter's house, devoured the turkey and "fixins".
Now, all that is left is some skin and a lot of bones. A successful thanksgiving meal!
Hope yours was as successful.

Good morning y'all It's 59* and sunny and clear. Going back up to 79* later.
Waiting for the coffee to brew. Back later.
Phil

Good Morning All. 44° and very foggy. Had a great Thanksgiving, hope everyone else did as well. But I need to get back to normalcy. On the way home last night, we picked up the other granddog for a few days; now we have both of them here...of course it's been raining for the last two days so every trip back inside is a bitch. We'll deal with this until Sunday when real normalcy returns.

Breakfast biscuits for me this morning. Some extra bacon to take home to the mongrels.

Thanks for the likes and comments yesterday; Tom, Jim, Rick, Phil, Kyle, Chet, Jerome, Bill, Garry, Ray, David.

No time in the train shed yesterday due to the holiday. I do have a question. Am I the only one who re-sharpens Exacto blades with a whetstone?

11-28-19 002.JPG

I am tossing that one on the bottom as I finally broke the tip!

Jim & others - Just not too sure how much difference four rail recovery workers make while balanced on a 400,000 pound loco!

I heard that today is Black Friday. I guess that if you go to a retail outlet it is. I stay home and it doesn't bother me.
Everybody have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back