Railroad Poll

Which roadname would YOU rather use for a layout?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Willis,

I have a pair of Hobbycraft RS18's as 3627 & 3675, four Genesis SD45-2 for HATX fodder, a fleet of Roundhouse five-bay coal hoppers, 11 SD40's for CFMG/NBEC, five C424s, and another pile of RS18's for conversion to RS18u's. Pretty much everything is boxed up at the moment so no pics:(

Too bad but that's the state of my stuff also. Probably over the winter I'll build a new layout. I'm pretty well committed to the original CB&CNS power. At present I have 6 MLW C630M's, the GP18 4700, GP9 5967 and a rather difficult piece of work RS18 3765 an old LL RS11 body on an Athearn GP7 chassis (heavily modified) they're all on the site in my siggy

I have another RS18 under construction but I'm in no hurry to finish it at this time.

Cheers
Willis

I picked "other" cus...

Ive got a kinda weird taste...I'd rather model my local short line (or regional, whichever you prefer to call it haha) the Providence and Worcester Railroad...but at the same time id much also enjoy modeling Norfolk Southern...everything in modern times..I love the P&W Dash 8s in the P&W paint scheme and any of the NS standard cab Dash 9s or any C40 or B40 Dash 8's in NS paint. :D

I'm an ATSF fan, live near the BNSF (ex-BN) but am modeling the Bay Line (Atlanta and St Andrews Bay), now part of the G&W family in HO.

My N-scale layout is BNSF.

In my case it's BNSF or other, probably with a little UP thrown in on the outskirts. My great grandfather used to work the tracks for GN, so I feel it's only right I follow his example, so to speak.

Right now my motive power consists mostly of BNSF engines. Although only one is really worth mentioning, my P2k Gp38-2, which is followed by my Lifelike Blue/yellow ATSF GP38-2, and one dummy of the same. On the sidelines I've also got a run-to-death Western Pacific GS-4, and a worked-hard-but-still-working Chessie U-boat. I've got 20 or less freight cars, and no permanent or even temporary layout to speak of.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had the coin, I'd go for all Southern Pacific, or maybe the New York Central.... but then again, it's kinda fun to make up my own line.

I choose other, I have had a life long pipe dream to model the East Deerfield yard in Greenfield, Mass. Home of the once great Boston & Maine.

CN_med_red.jpg

I do prefer to model railway that i can see in REAL, for me its CN, CP, and UP. (i could do VIA and amtrak too but im aint so much into passenger)

I guess I'm a loner here. I just recently sold off ALL of my H.O. stuff, and will be going into N scale. I chose OTHER because I will be modelling SCL/LN, and SEABOARD SYSTEM as two seperate railroads at the same time. Will also throw in some CHESSIE!!!!

I run demonstrators. Kinda like wildcards could be owned/run by any line.

Except for gifted locos and those bought in weak moments or to please SWMBO.

I like quite a few Eastern roads so I don't really want to model just one or two specific ones. Three main roads I'm focusing on is the Chessie, SCL/L&N Family Lines, and the Wheeling & Lake Erie. And of course my own fictional road, the O&SE

Missouri Pacific.

It's in my blood I guess. Dad worked there in the 70's, uncle and cousin still work in the MoPac car shops in DeSoto Missouri, although now the shops are UP.

I love blue diesels and screaming eagles.

MPB

I model the Great Western Railway (uk) in the 30s, modern image London Underground Network (one of the above ground parts anyway) and several narrow gauge lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back