Need Information on Properly Wiring My Layout

I reversed your idea. The board the tracks are on will be covered with styrofoam first. Added a small RIP track/engine storage.

Attachments

• IMG_0128.jpeg
    IMG_0128.jpeg
    440.6 KB · Views: 41
Now comes the hard part…what industry/industries are there. Thinking one large company on the back track but that’s where the creativity runs out. Anyone with ideas? Tried looking on Google Earth and Google Maps. But nothing strikes me as the ah-ha idea yet.

I suppose it depends on the type of freight cars you have, I mean no point in having an Oil refinery if you don't have the cars for it.

Approximately 30 boxcars, 12 tank cars, 8 2 bay covered hoppers, 3 3 bay covered hoppers, 1 4 bay covered hopper, 6 gondolas, 3 coil cars, 1 bulkhead flat car, 5 coal cars, 7 MOW cars, 5 caboose and probably 4 or 5 in various stages of repair or repainting.

So that's maybe a coal facility or similar for the coal cars a grain or cement facility for the covered hoppers, machine shop for the coil and transload for the Box cars cars, if you've containers for the gondolas a container terminal.

This is going to be a first “module” for my layout. Want to expand when I get more space. Trying not to cram too much track in the space I have. Trying to leave possibilities for the next space. Thought about 2 smaller flats for the back track and a team track for the front track.

This is going to be a first “module” for my layout. Want to expand when I get more space. Trying not to cram too much track in the space I have. Trying to leave possibilities for the next space. Thought about 2 smaller flats for the back track and a team track for the front track.
Layout is coming along! However, I’d recommend starting a layout build thread if you haven’t already so we can track your progress there instead of on this layout wiring thread:)

Back