Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do u paint the hand rails?

Jerome, if you don't mind me asking, how do you paint the hand rails? And are most of them the stock Athearn rails or better ones such as the Smokey Valley? Thanks...

Joe

Jerome, if you don't mind me asking, how do you paint the hand rails? And are most of them the stock Athearn rails or better ones such as the Smokey Valley? Thanks...

Joe

Joe, almost all of the ones you see in these pictures are the Athearn metal ones. I either hand paint them or airbrush them. They come out looking the same either way.

OK, so I'm at it again. I put a want add on hoyardsale, so far I've snatched up around 10 more switchers!!! LOL

OK, finished up Carl's Canadian Pacific RTR SW1500 tonight. It's headed back to Iowa for service on his line.

101_0501.jpg

101_0502.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You got 10 more SW1500's? I really do think you're on the path to world domination. :) Nice work on the CP unit. It looks cruddy enough to work in Iowa now. :D

Those CSX units keep getting nicer by the day. :)

You got 10 more SW1500's? I really do think you're on the path to world domination. :) Nice work on the CP unit. It looks cruddy enough to work in Iowa now. :D

The CP will fit in quite nicely. You should see some of the CN engines around here this time of year. Talk about needing a bath. :eek:

This poor wee EMD 40 was found hiding in the weeds around the Old Ben Coal Corp. grounds. It has been rescued and headed to JTEX to be rebuild for a local museum.

101_0514.jpg

And also started 2 more PL&E units. They'll get decals this week.

101_0515.jpg

Picked up these 3 CP SW1200's from a gentleman in Canada this week. They are very nicely done, just need some handrails and 2 need glass.

101_0519.jpg

101_0520.jpg

This unit came to me already patched for the Chicago Belt Line. I patched out the BN # and added the detail decals. Now she'll get detail parts installed.

101_0522.jpg

Some more nice units there Jerome, the PL&E units look sharp. I think that I almost started to drool a bit when I saw the CP SW1200 trio. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark wanted an old school BN switcher that has seen years of service before all of the mergers. This is what I came up with.

101_0570.jpg

101_0571.jpg

In the words of AC/DC Back in Black!!!! ;) Three units that will end up in Southern livery soon as the gloss-coat dries.

101_0573.jpg

what do you use for the black? I want to paint up some engines for NS and all of the blacks that I've tried dry grayish. I want something that's pitch black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back