Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheeler1963

Aurora & Portland Owner
I got an interesting email this evening from a member of this forum. He "doubted" that I could possibly have 100 switchers as I have stated in other threads. Well that kinda got my fur up, so I hauled every switcher I have out and placed them on the dining room table. Here's what I have.

The first 2 pictures are completed models just waiting for their home to be built.

100_3557.jpg

100_3558.jpg

The next 2 pictures are models that still need detail parts and or paint jobs.

100_3559.jpg

100_3560.jpg

By my count, that's 65 in the first batch and 55 in the second batch for a total of 120. I also have 4 more up at Mark's getting DCC and lights installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow thats alot of switchers, I would go crazy (crazier i guess :) )painting and detailing all of those.Roughly how long does a typical engine take you? They look great btw

Mike, I usually do them in batches of all like roadnames, so I can usually kick out 10 or so in just over 2 weeks. A lot of it depends on the level of details I'm doing to them. Ones that are custom painted and decaled take longer.

Well I guess that whoever doubted you must feel like an ass now, LOL point proven very well, LOL. well I have around 1000 freight cars but there is no way in hell I am going to take them all out for a group photo, LOL Locos maybe. But thats only around 150, now I wish I only had a layout, LOL

Sweet Mother of Jesus, that's a lot of switchers! Jerome, I'm amazed anyone doubted you unless they thought you've been repainting the same five switchers every week. :)

Sweet Mother of Jesus, that's a lot of switchers! Jerome, I'm amazed anyone doubted you unless they thought you've been repainting the same five switchers every week. :)

Jim, I figured anyone that has been on the forums for any amount of time, and has seen me post pictures every week would have realized the same thing. I guess some people just don't believe what they see. LOL

Wow Jerome, I Never doubted ya for one second! But you still don't have a Early Box Cab:D the Grandaddy of the switchers..... I don't think ya can make one;);) Hint, hint:D:) LOL's did that get the fur up;):DCome on you know ya wana!LOL's I spots some good chassis on that table to make one:D

Mike, I usually do them in batches of all like roadnames, so I can usually kick out 10 or so in just over 2 weeks. A lot of it depends on the level of details I'm doing to them. Ones that are custom painted and decaled take longer.

Jerome,
While it's obvious that you like switchers and you do have a considerable fleet, it appears that a good portion of them in the 2nd pic are shells without chassis. If that is what it takes to be a locomotive, then I guess I have to get that copy paper box full of body shells out of storage and recount my roster. Personally, I only count what runs by itself, or in the case of dummys, what can be moved down the track by another loco.
Of course at the rate you are going, you'll be there soon enough.:)

Wow Jerome, I Never doubted ya for one second! But you still don't have a Early Box Cab:D the Grandaddy of the switchers..... I don't think ya can make one;);) Hint, hint:D:) LOL's did that get the fur up;):DCome on you know ya wana!LOL's I spots some good chassis on that table to make one:D

Chris, post some pictures of one. Who knows, I might try one. :D

Jerome,
While it's obvious that you like switchers and you do have a considerable fleet, it appears that a good portion of them in the 2nd pic are shells without chassis. If that is what it takes to be a locomotive, then I guess I have to get that copy paper box full of body shells out of storage and recount my roster. Personally, I only count what runs by itself, or in the case of dummys, what can be moved down the track by another loco.
Of course at the rate you are going, you'll be there soon enough.:)

Karl, all but the last 12 in the second picture have frames and trucks to go with them. I just don't have them all installed yet.

Jerome I never doubted you for a second. I've watched the progress on a lot of them and you do a fantastic job! What a swell line up of motive power!

Jerome! Man... I had the same problem back in the day when I was assembling 8 stud wide Lego trains. The basic parts were the same across the board so I had doubters, until I drug them all out for one photo... Over 10000 Lego parts in 8 trains, 30% of them "rare"...

Josh, I can understand how you felt. I just didn't understand it when he questioned me. Anybody that's been around the last year and a half knows I do a lot of switchers. I guess some people just gotta see it to believe it. :)

Josh, it'll look better once it's all lined up at the JTEX facility. The one in my head that I still have to build!!!! Can you pick your's out of there?? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back