Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how Karl is going with that loksound decoder? I looked at the 750 tsunami for the ARC S3 project, but it has only two functions. I need four: front headlight, rear headlight, one set of ditch lights and the opposite set of ditch lights. Could be loksound might be a good option there, though the speaker it comes with will be two big.

Paul

Paul
If the honeydo list isnt too big,:rolleyes: I may take a crack at it today. Today though, is my only day off this week and it might not happen. Rest assured though, it WILL happen, pics and video will follow, and a large dissertation into the great folks at Loksound and the reasons I wont deal with TTX anymore will follow!:D
(Hint- Loksound AUX 4 , 4 function, 1.1 amps(more than Tsunami!), half the size of a regular Tsunami, and you can change the speaker)

Finished off a set of SW7's for Sean today. They'll be shipped off to their new home in Illinois.

00118.jpg

0029.jpg

Cool Karl... 1206 is waiting for one too when you're done!
Jerome... nice job on the BN units!

How big are the pads for the speaker leads? They looked a bit small in the photos on their site.

Small enough for a pencil iron, a steady hand, and some dime store reading glasses!!;)

Actually, I didn't use the supplied speaker, The one in the pic is a QSI 14x25 mm , real tiny! (but loud)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jerome, do you take on custom paint work? Reason I ask is I just bought an Overland Western Pacific steel bay window caboose and since I don't normally buy brass, I am in need of a custom painter. I would supply the model (of course) and the decals, and of course, photos of the real car. If so, what would be the charge? It's a simple paint job really, just red car, black underframe and trucks, white roof. It will need two side windows blanked, but the blanks (already cut and sized to fit perfectly) are in the package. This car would also need a gloss coat, as it would represent WP 430 fresh from a rebuild that my Dad and his co-workers rebuilt in 1980 when he worked for the WP. Is this something you would be interested in taking on? If so, how much would you charge?

Tom,

I just finished my last project for a while. I have tons of items of mine that need to be done, so I'm taking some time off from custom work. Sorry.

Jerome does amazing work!

There are a few places that do very nice work (at least from what I can see in photos)

Southern Tier Modelworks in Florida does nice work. The guy runs DC though, so he doesn't do any custom lighting.

Delano Mountain Modelworks in Pennsylvania does amazing work. He's swamped with requests though, so it may take a while, but it will pay off. I have not met a single person who was ever disappointed with his work.

Roach's Custom Models in Canada does very good work. He made the entire NS OCS set of engines with all working lights and every detail correct. If you're not in Canada, shipping both ways can cost you an arm and a leg though.

Cement plant???
Geez we're gonna need some A&P cement cars too!

Hmmmm maybe some hi cube paper cars for the mill?

Cement plant???
Geez we're gonna need some A&P cement cars too!

Hmmmm maybe some hi cube paper cars for the mill?

Rick
I'll settle for cabeese. 50 or so cement cars (36 Maryland Midland) are enough! :rolleyes:

But then again, I can always surrender one of my stock of cabeese for an A&P repaint!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back