Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would as well! I've seen a few custom slugs and there's nothing that annoys me more than those pilot mounted blue box stanchions on an otherwise great looking model!

The MT4 was built from an RS-11. The MT6 was built from an RSD-12s and RSD-15s with the exception of one that was built from an RSD-5.

MT4s were retired under Conrail. The MT6s were divided between NS and CSX after the split, and are still in use today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would as well! I've seen a few custom slugs and there's nothing that annoys me more than those pilot mounted blue box stanchions on an otherwise great looking model!

There will be no Blue Box Bashing allowed!!!! LOL Some of us still love the little fellas!!! And some of us still love the old metal (tried and true) handrails. ;)

There will be no Blue Box Bashing allowed!!!! LOL Some of us still love the little fellas!!! (((And some of us still love the old metal (tried and true) handrails.)))) ;)

I wish we could get metal handrails for everything that has Plastic, especially the Genesis engines. I've been putting together a bunch of older Ath. engines & it's a JOy installing metal handrails.:D;):):rolleyes:

There will be no Blue Box Bashing allowed!!!! LOL Some of us still love the little fellas!!! And some of us still love the old metal (tried and true) handrails. ;)

I got it!! You're working on an Alco slug based on an extra IHC C-415 , kinda a running mate to SP unit! :D

Right?:confused::rolleyes:

I don't know, you guys tell me. These are my donor shells for future Alco slugs. Just need to figure out suitable sills to fit an Athearn Drive train.

001-27.jpg

I don't know, you guys tell me. These are my donor shells for future Alco slugs. Just need to figure out suitable sills to fit an Athearn Drive train.

001-27.jpg

You COULD, mate a short hood, cab and sills to one of the GP hoods, not a slug but a freak, as Frisco did with thier EMD-Alco rebuilds:rolleyes:

or,
Use an SW7 chassis, RS3 hood ends and a shortened hood to build this one
( I did!)
IMGP5507.JPG

Man I need to start shopping where Jerome does! Look at all them future victims!

O and Jerome.... need any more boxes? I think I found a few more.

Looking forward to a pic, Karl. Here's another one on ebay to get that weight off your wallet.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/400284219952?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I hope your wife doesn't find out about me. Hmm, maybe I can blame it on Jerome's influence.:D

Here Paul! Here's the pic!
$(KGrHqIOKkIE6Pw1CkDsBP(hygqlu!~~60_58.JPG

Hard to blame Jerome here. He's the reason I have 1 EMD switcher, but I can't blame the growth of the Baldwin and Alco switchers on him. Or at least I havm't come up with a plausible theory to hang around his neck yet!!:rolleyes::D

That's a C415, I think? Looks nice.

You right of course. It's not Jerome's fault we are addicted to little train models. But the better half sure is scary when she finds out how much I spend. It is very tempting to find someone to blame. Actually, I'm a bit nervious at present because I visited a well stocked hobby shop last week. Managed to score a few 'things that get switched', including some old Walthers kits. Finally got a Russel snow plow and Jordan spreader. Aslo got my fiurst few Exactrail cars.

Just keep it secert, OK:rolleyes:

[edit] I forgot to mention why I was looking through 0-6-0's on ebay. I've attached a drawing I found of a Hanna Furnace saddle tank. I've been thinking about modifying a Bachmann saddle tank for awhile. I had thought to just extend the tank to the front of the boiler, using a spare tank ordered from Bachmann parts. But the Hanna Furnace loco looks much like the Bachmann model. I would need to cut the tank between the first dome and the second dome. Then add a part of the spare tank to lengthen it a bit. The cab would have to be shorted by taking some off the front.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul
Thats a cool lookin lil engine, but it does sound like a bit of work! As far as my better half, I've always had a seperate checking account for the trains. Nothing ever comes out of "our" account for the trains, but it is fed by little automotive "side jobs" I do, plus decoder and sound installs I do for other folks. Plus I love to go to auctions and buy lots, or get trains at yard sales and put them on ebay....the proceeds feed my habit well! Best part, she only complains about the mess all those shipping boxes make at times, or when the cats get into the plastic peanuts and have a little too much fun!!

BUT, if anyone comes up with a reason I can blame anything on anybody else, I'm all ears!!:rolleyes:

BTW, for those following the saga...

Saturday came and went, mailman brought some rolling stock I won on fleabay Wednesday from a guy in West Virginia, but no decoder I ordered from TTX on Tuesday!:(

It ain't fair!!!:eek:

Awe okay, you guys can blame it on me. (Damn Canucks!)
Karl you gonna paint that BN? Sweet looking critter that one!
Jerome can we expect to see some A&P Frankenengines any time soon????

Awe okay, you guys can blame it on me. (Damn Canucks!)

Jerome can we expect to see some A&P Frankenengines any time soon????

Rick I have NO knowledge of what you speak of!!!! ;)

Besides, it's all Karl's fault that I'm sacrificing these poor wee Alcos!!! lol

001-28.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back