I am completely flabbergasted.

Debate is great unfortunately some of the debate would head to the politics of the world. That’s not acceptable here, too bad but understandable
I was trying hard not to go in that direction, hence the agree to disagree comment, I've got close before, and learned my lesson, but I've no interest in playing that game, it's a pity that a healthy discussion can end up going in that direction.

I guess that I am late to this party!
Why do turbine blades have to be taken down - there must be something that I do not understand?
Eventually we'll find more efficient and eco friendly ways of producing power, that likely won't use wind turbines, mainly due to their size and the sheer number required to power a small/medium sized town, never mind somewhere like New York or Dallas.
Eventually they'll become obsolete, so either we pull them down and recycle what we can, or leave them to fall down and rust away, causing another problem.
To me, although wind turbines are eco friendly their really only a stop gap solution.

Last edited:
I guess that I am late to this party!
Why do turbine blades have to be taken down - there must be something that I do not understand?
Sherrel, Hey better late then never to party!

Turbine blades from what I have read lose their integrity and then start to or can fly apart. I don’t know how true that is as it came from a national media outlet a few years ago. But it’s what I remember!

Sherrel, Hey better late then never to party!

Turbine blades from what I have read lose their integrity and then start to or can fly apart. I don’t know how true that is as it came from a national media outlet a few years ago. But it’s what I remember!
Thanks, TomO ... Have to check that out. Must be constructed from some type of fiber which may not be able to take the sun's rays (or something like that?).

I've worked for a small paint manufacturer (+/- 20m in annual sales) for the last ten years and have never seen the cost of raw materials increase so rapidly. That's if we can even get them. Just the cost of a one gallon metal can has risen by over 50% in the last 15 months. Unfortanetly those costs have to be passed on.

When it comes to the Military, the UK Government really does little to care for them after their service has ended, vast majority are, for want of a better term, thrown away. It has improved somewhat in recent years, but nowhere near the level of Europe and the US.
Be aware RANT warning.

I saw a veteran’s charity at the supermarket apparently the cash trains them to be lorry drivers. usually I do not do opportunistic charity people, but in this case I handed over cash. they used to train leavers for civvie street, but the level of competence on this is worse and worse every decade.

But it is true, now more subsidised accommodation for forces is bad, and pay is so bad for nurses and even doctors,and even the general pension is pushed higher and higher, you need to be older and older to get it as the government builds up stupid debts. Meantime costs escalate.

The real big problem is government debt per person now is stupid, they spend cash Willie nilly often on stupid ideas to get votes, but tie us into terrible debts. This idea over the cost of heating is up and down like a yo-yo, and gas prices have dropped.
Supposedly companies like British Gas help out those who cannot afford to play, but then people try it on.

but the Governents scheme for Covid has ended up with a massive amount of false claims and ‘stolen’ money. they do not run it properly. and I am sorry but often people who can afford to lay manage to get hand outs,

I honestly think child allowance should only go to people on benefits, giving to others is madness. I also hate that there is a lot of talk about school kids being hungry.
Schools we’re given their funding for the year, but teachers want more money, food costs more money, most dinner ladies are either retirees or mums with kids in school trying to get a few quid towards their bills.
‘Why we cannot ensure kids are fed is crazy.

why we have NHS staff who have suffered over Covid not getting free meals at work. plus I am sick of seeing the police involved with stuff breaking the law.

Oh and whilst on the subject O am sick and tired of Brexit being the excuse for everything, rubbish.Last year IKEA in the UK was blaming Brexit for shortages and prices, BUT the EU had the same issues.
Brexit got blamed for lack of lorry drivers, so what was the EUs excuse for the same issue.

Lies, lies and stupidity. Incompetence, and sorry it is not just the Conservatives, Labours record is not good either

I really don't follow the politics of the UK there Jaz, but sounds like the elite get to have their pick of the take from the subjects. Anything that's left over might go to the intended. It's usually the friends of the politicians who get the jobs involving stewardship of the tax dollars. No real business experience so there's no protection from the thieves, even if they really cared about it.

Back