How old are YOU?

apparently we don't have enough age &
wisdom in the hobby...

The only thing you might fear for is steam loco's in the hobby... other than that it seems just fine. lol

Currently 20, was an avid model railroader in my younger years (approximately 3 - 12). When my grandpa died my passion died out for a while, but recently I have rekindled an interest in it.

Good to see all you young folk in the hobby.

I was born in 1954. Born in Huntsville, taken south to Toronto when I was 8 years old.
Then returned to my hometown 8 years ago. The building that was the hospital in 1954 is now a seniors care centre. The standing joke up here is that I might end up in the same building I started out in.

I have to say, I'm surprised at the number of members in their 20's and 30's. Usually I see modelers in their 40's to 80's. Good then, we cover all age groups!:D

37 come December. Only been "back" in the hobby about 2 years. Had a few pieces as a middle schooler.
With 3 kids 5 and under, I'm in the building the motive power and rolling stock phase.:D
I do have a 4x8 that I'm less than thrilled with, but working on a plan for my ~12 x 15 ft space.

Although I've been crazy about trains since 3 years old, I've only been modelling for about a half year...

...and I'm in my 60's. :)

57 next month. Going on 5. Been "playing" with trains since I was 4. Got serious at 8. Still got the first car I ever built. A Silver Streak 40' auto-box car.

Im 27 years old. I recently got into the hobby after finding a box of my fathers old Tyco set from my childhood. I've already learned alot of information but I have tons more to learn. Also have already installed my own DCC decoders and so forth!!

Didn't we do this last year, when I was 54? Now (of course) I'm 55. Seemed we had an actual poll but who ever did the age grouping made like 35-70 one lump so it was rather useless.

33 years old until November.

I got into it at a young age because of my Grandfather's love. High school took me away and into sports, cars and girls. It wasn't until I was 27 and the birth of my first son that got me back into the hobby. I've been crazy ever since. Funny my wife never knew I was involved in such a thing. At first she didn't believe that I was going to a train club and really thought that I might be going to a stip club until I took her along with me one night.

Back