Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Gang! Well I'm rested from yesterdays outing!:) We had a good time, The Cool temps early in the morning kept the croweds down but at 4pm the place just exploded.......I'm talking wall to wall flesh! We were there from 9:30-6:00, We would have stayed longer but the crowed was rude and rough. The high lite of the day for my son was the Frog Jumping Contest Show! Here's some more pictures.....

Now the high lite of the day for my son was the frog jumping contest! For those of you guys who don't know.....My son is in to Reptiles....Frogs, turtles, newts, and salmanders mainly! Well when he found out that there were frogs at the fair he went stupid, Sammy his little friend just rolled her eyes! Well he got to talk to the guy that runs the show before the event.......Needless to say the old redneck was impressed with Ryans Frog knowledge. Well during the show the guy picked Ryan and Sammy! all the other kids got Bull Frogs....Ryan and Sammy drew Pee-Wee!:eek: Pee-Wee was a 2# Gulf Coast Toad! I told my son about these Toads but, he never believed me that these this things were huge! Seeing is believeing! After the Show the guy that ran it let ryan hold all the Toads and Frogs......as you can see from the smile on his face he was in heaven!:D I think I got the Strangest kid on earth at times!:rolleyes::):p;) BTW: Sammy is cool with Ryans tiny little Tree frogs...Those monsters she didn't want any thing to do with!:eek:

Chris- looks like a good day, seems like every fair has a caboose huh? ours up here is a D&H bay window caboose, with an O scale layout in it. I guess Florida really does grow big reptiles, im fortunate that we dont get things like that up here to often, although weve got timber rattlers up here, i almost stepped on one while fishing last year, scared the crap outta me!

Terry- gotta find the tracks before the rotarys any good :D

Bob Like that G scale blower!! :D:D:D

Hello--

Got Audrey her breakfast in bed--Valentines Day is today as I was doing the work thing yesterday. Today is also Family Day here in ON. :D:D:D

CULTR:):):)

Good morning folks.

Cabin Fever is starting to set in. Anyone seen that thing in the sky?

I had a great day off yesterday. We did the church and breakfast thing, then my wife and I broke off for a few hours. She watched the Nascar race and I went to deliver flowers to my Grandmother. After the flowers I went home and watched the race with my wife while planting Silflor grass by Scenic Express. Man is that stuff neat. Well worth the money. We grilled fillet mignon with rice and broccoli on the side. Dang did that steak taste good! I bet I was one of the only fools grilling in the snow last night. :eek: The after dinner activities don't need to be described on a train forum, that's for sure!;)

The only bad part about yesterday was filing taxes. This is the first year that I have had to pay in. We've been having my wife's unemployment taxed at ten percent before we get it so there weren't any surprises at the end of the year. Well, surprise, the state collects income tax on it as well! We have to pay in $500 this year. I can't imagine the people who don't have the taxes pulled out ahead of time. Boy are they in for a rude awakening. I guess I can't complain too much, my wife is getting paid to do nothing right now. It still isn't fun to cough up five bills right now.

Maybe the coffee shop will be busy this week. It sure seems to go in spurts.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning. It's 31 and sunny. The high will be around 50 with an occasional cloud or two.

Today I'll be applying a coat of Clear Flat to the new hopper. One thing I've learned about this stuff is if the coat isn't thick enough it won't knock down the gloss like it should and if it's too thick it fogs up and is almost impossible to fix. It's not like Dull-Cote where you just spray over it. I also have a structure that needs a roof, so I'll likely be making one for it. I found a use for one of the Gramps tankers. Strip the trucks and couplers off it and it's an instant bulk fuel tank for the maintenance building/car barn.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P2150502.jpg

Sunny and close to 80 today. The kind of day you wish you were still at home, but alas it's Monday and I'm sitting in my office. I doubt if there will be any modeling this week. Generally I work from 6am to 5pm, so my spare time is after 7p, but this weekend I tore into some overgrowth in the yard and will have to break that down.

Good morning all!
Flo, the coffee tastes great again this morning, so that cannot be the reason the shop is not crowded this morning.
Our Sunday night snow storm was about one inch of rain and some icy patches on the road this morning. The storm moved through rather quickly and leaves a dreary, cloudy day.
More traffic accidents than normal due to the icy patches on the roads. Schools are out for Presidents Day or delayed openings from the snow scare.
I would hate to see the accidents if traffic were a normal Monday morning racetrack.
Hope everyone has a good day!

Man, it was slow on the forum this past week and worse over the weekend. Several threads started and few or no comments on many, including mine. Maybe Daytona and the Olympics took away from MR. Oh well, time rolls on and time to put the coffee cup down and do something. CUL

Man, it was slow on the forum this past week and worse over the weekend. Several threads started and few or no comments on many, including mine. Maybe Daytona and the Olympics took away from MR. Oh well, time rolls on and time to put the coffee cup down and do something. CUL

There's no excuse to not being here, FLO has feeling's too! If we don't start showing up for coffee she starves.....and a good waitress is a terriable thing to waiste! I watched the Olympics, Some NASCAR, State Fair, Doing my chores, and being full time unemployeed lump on the couch! Yet, I manage to help Flo to have a reason to get out of bed and go to work!;):p

MY only Question is......Where is JIM and PHILIP? I know Philip is more than likely dealing with his wife(I Been there done that!)......But JIM? Has any body heard from him?:confused:Does Jim owe somebody here a large sum of cash or Messing around on another board or with another mans wife or is it Another Government plot to Capture people who know to much and do away with them or something? Answers.....We need Answers People!

I was lurking here and then studying all weekend for an exam I have to take later this week. Not much going on. I cant do to much in MRR right now my budget been cut pretty much to nothing for it. Just enough $ for a few magazines thats it. I planned on going to the Train show here in Palmetto this coming weekend too. Hopefully I can do a side job before the week is over. I did a few last week but not enough. So like Chris I have been practicing being pro couch tater due to unemployment. Ugh the economy really sucks.

So like Chris I have been practicing being pro couch tater due to unemployment. Ugh the economy really sucks.

You know your becoming a domesticated husband when, your wifes friends Husbands send you death threats cause your doing your chores!:eek:

Like you no cash really to do much, what little extra is spent on FAMILY activites! I'm glad i got my Lawn service it saved my bacon plenty of times so far. I got ad's running in the local news letter and the truck signage hope that gets me some yards this spring! well got to get back to folding the laundry!;):p

sounds like we're all in a rut.

I hereby solemnly swear, to get out of the rut.

so I'm moving. big long story I won't bore you with, but its critical that I do.

but i'll inflict all the gorey details on you later. After i move. if i ever have highspeed again.

oh god. i don't think its available where i 'm going. Good thing its going to be temporary. for how long, I have no idea.

just shoot me now.

or I could stick my head in the oven.
too bad its electric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back