Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Monday, June 24, 2013

anim_coffee.png

765_WalnutSt7E2_zpsc7f8f1b6.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good Morning

Going to be warm and sticky here...85F feeling like 103F...yay.

Oh goodie....I get to go out in that and start working on that "Lair of Doom" again....I am now thinking about hazmat suits for glow worms for this one. There are things in there... I did hear something last night that sounded a little like something shuffling around in there...

There are things in there... I did hear something last night that sounded a little like something shuffling around in there...

Beware of things living under boxes and baseboards. They're all out to get you!

Good morning. It's 75° with 22% humidity. The high will be 92°.
pcloudy-1.jpg
cond20.jpg

Only thing on the schedule today is a doctor appointment. We had more storms come through during the night. For having only a 20% chance of rain yesterday it was pretty active. Power went out yesterday and a couple of times during the night. Hopefully I'll be able to get some layout work in later. I have to get rid of some boxes that are under the layout before I can do much more up top.

PIC_0021.jpg

Had a great ride into work this morning on the Harley. Traffic reports said all was running smooth but heavy. I guess nobody called in the tractor trailer accident that shut down I-95 and had traffic backed up for a mile when I reached it. Heck, 45 minutes later when I was able to reach an exit, the traffic reporters still hadn't mentioned it and traffic was backed for at least 5 miles. I guess they don't want people bailing out to the local highways so they don't report the major shutdowns. State secret comes to mind.

Good morning from Arizona. Heading out to feed the chickens by moonlight. Going to be doing benchwork today, I will post a shot or two later.
Stoker, I have used celotex for several purposes including train layouts. Sometimes it's good to give it a light coat of paint to help prevent the celotex from flaking and shedding dust. The panel you made looks nice.

Had a great ride into work this morning on the Harley. Traffic reports said all was running smooth but heavy. I guess nobody called in the tractor trailer accident that shut down I-95 and had traffic backed up for a mile when I reached it. Heck, 45 minutes later when I was able to reach an exit, the traffic reporters still hadn't mentioned it and traffic was backed for at least 5 miles. I guess they don't want people bailing out to the local highways so they don't report the major shutdowns. State secret comes to mind.
A citizens network to alert affected drivers might be a good idea.

Went to the bank this morning to make a deposit then to the post office to send a package on it's way. From there to the doctors appointment. Doc says all's good for now. I'll take any good news I can get. From there my father and I went to Wal-Mart to get a bit of shopping done. He had accompanied me to the docs office to ask him some questions about my foot. Docs answer was the same as I've been telling him for over a year now. Not his job. He's not a podiatrist. There's not one in this area that will do anything on Medicaid. The Medicaid plan is OK if you're upper middle class or higher but for those with no private insurance like me it really stinks. I'm lucky I have the level of care I'm getting. No work on the layout today or anything else.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN3051.jpg

Benchwork is in place. Just need to add the permanent legs and a little bit of surface ply still. Will be tacking down the track tomorrow and cutting the 1/4" hardboard (SOFT) I have into roadbed.
Nice work Stoker. You're making great progress.

Hi all,

I believe I'm finally recovered from my California trip jet lag. Managed to scrape thru the day on Monday with only 4 hours' sleep, then passed out at 8:30pm and slept until 5:00am. Now perhaps my enthusiasm level for mrr will get back to normal. Hoping to leave the office early today so I can mow my oversized lawn before the T-storms roll in; then I'll make a trip to my LHS to pickup some stuff he special-ordered for me.

Have a great day!

Good Morning..

Another sticky one today...and, of course, one gets to go and continue the process of getting all the crud out of the lair of doom...hopefully we will see some progress here soon....

Anyhow...better get cracking here and get this dog and pony show on the road...have a good day!!

Good morning. It's 78°, 88% humidity, high of 92°, partly cloudy cloudy with a 20% chance of rain.

Going out this morning to check things out with the VA. Be back later.

Good Morning. It feels like summer here, this morning.

I have been stripping the paint off of some Athearn BB HW passenger cars. I'm not sure how this will evolve, but with new trucks (@ $11.95/pair) they will closely resemble CNJ passenger equipment. Since the CNJ is a secondary participant on my layout, I'm not too concerned about absolute prototype fidelity. Two cars are stripped at least three more to go.

Jeffrey, FWIW, given your circumstance, perhaps the VA is the best solution for some of your medical issues. Biggest problem with the VA, in my experience, was getting past the GS administrative personnel, in order to be evaluated by the medical professionals. Patient persistence is key here.

Ken, mowing the lawn before the approaching storm, will pump up your adrenaline and cure the jet lag. My neighbor finished cutting his lawn between two thunder storms Sunday night. Never saw him move so fast.........I cut mine yesterday morning before the heat peaked. When the storms rolled in, I was relaxing with a cold beverage.

Have a great day.

Joe

Been to the VA and back. Nothing accomplished except learning that government paperwork STILL moves slower than the advance of a glacier. Later I have to go to my fathers place and wait to see if a cable TV repairman shows up. Sounds like a boring way to waste an afternoon. No layout work again today.

DSCN3033.jpg

Real nice progress Stoker,,,but what kind of Silo is that on the layout,,,,,never seen a green silo around here,,,,most we got are brown!!:cool::rolleyes:;)

Hi all,

I believe I'm finally recovered from my California trip jet lag. Managed to scrape thru the day on Monday with only 4 hours' sleep, then passed out at 8:30pm and slept until 5:00am. Now perhaps my enthusiasm level for mrr will get back to normal. Hoping to leave the office early today so I can mow my oversized lawn before the T-storms roll in; then I'll make a trip to my LHS to pickup some stuff he special-ordered for me. Have a great day!
Hi Ken! Reading about your ticket problem and all the thousands of world miles I have flown in my early days, I was thinking how lost I would be to fly now. I have absolutely no idea how to use electronic tickets, printouts, etc. My air travel has so many cobwebs on it that all I remember is a ticket in hand, desk check-in, FREE luggage, and a FREE meal served onboard.....Yup! That long ago. :(:D

Real nice progress Stoker,,,but what kind of Silo is that on the layout,,,,,never seen a green silo around here,,,,most we got are brown!!:cool::rolleyes:;)
I've had a few on mine that said 'Pringles', 'Dr Pepper' and even a couple that said 'Bud Lite'.

Went to my fathers place this afternoon to wait on the cable guy. And no, it wasn't Larry. Would have been much more fun if it had been. He was supposed to show up sometime between 1pm and 5pm. Yeah, one of those appointments. By the time he showed up at 4pm I had already run down the problem. It was the remote for the cable box. To say it was bad would be an understatement. If you punched in 05 it went to channel 4. Hit channel up and nothing, channel down and nothing. Punch in 50 and it went to 55. Punch in 54 and it went 05. Punch in 06 and it turned off the TV. Get the picture? I brought in the remote from the great room and tried it. Everything worked perfectly. Changed the battery in the bad remote and tried it. My ears started itching. About that time the guy showed up, tried a few things, did a few tests and came to the same conclusion I had come to. He pressed the power button on the bad remote and my ears started behaving themselves. He got a new remote from his truck and tuned it to the TV and that was that. Problem fixed. About twenty minutes after he left my father and step mother returned from their business in town. My father had a doctors appointment and my step mother had some shopping to do. After his appointment my father took my mothers Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible to one of the car lots in town and sold it for $9K. That was better than letting it sit in the yard and collect dust. He didn't like driving it and I had a hard time driving it because of my foot. The only reason he bought it was because my mother liked convertibles. When he and my step mother got back home we all went to Los Mayos for dinner. No layout work today as I predicted earlier.

Back