Coffee Shop XXXVI-2/4/2013

yep aint that the truth , i had my home in NH & i put it on the market in june 2011 it sold in nov 2012 :eek:

my son in the picture in the post above ^^^ was bummed out when i sold it althou hes 18 now & living with his g/f & her parents so hes got his own layout lol

"There is a shortage of homes for sale"....????......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:............... that's what the local Real Estate Agents are claiming, :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: but.......... there are some nice.....reasonably priced.......homes here that have not moved since summer.

The investors and flippers are buying distressed property at way below market, but not much more is happening.

I'm going to put the house up within the next 4-6 weeks and see what happens. Meanwhile it's time to put a few pins in the map.

Joe

yea its bad down here , some investers said ohhh the markets moving lol yea they bought some up fixed them up & ...................................they still sit on the market lol

Here in San Jose, homes that are for sale have 75 to 100 bids on them. News says SJ is a hot market right now. Not enough homes for sale. Wonder what I can get for mine ? But once I sell I could never afford to come back. Too expensive......

Here in San Jose, homes that are for sale have 75 to 100 bids on them. News says SJ is a hot market right now. Not enough homes for sale. Wonder what I can get for mine ? But once I sell I could never afford to come back. Too expensive......
to get that around here we would need a time machine set to 2004 :p

I got a little work done on the layout this morning. Then went to my fathers place to list some items on a local garage sale site for him. These included my mothers Pontiac G6. We had a lunch of pot roast, turnip greens, black-eye peas, sweet potatoes, biscuits and onions. After that we went to town. First the barber shop for haircuts. Now I don't have to apply for a dog license. Then to Wal-Mart to pick up some much needed essentials then back home. For dinner I had some homemade chicken, sausage and rice gumbo. Good stuff! Looks like plenty of rain coming tomorrow.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010675.jpg

Greetings from Howell, NJ:

It's 27° F and sunny going up to 38° today.

Ran a couple of coal trains on the layout yesterday, "to get the rust off the rails". Surprisingly, there were no "dirty rail effect" stalls. Then again power assigned to one train was a pair of Bachmann GP9s and 2 Bachmann Baldwin Sharks to the other.

Have a few things to take care of today.

Have a Great Day.

Joe

Good morning. It's 51° with 91% humidity. The high will be 72°.
cond006.gif
cond90.jpg

Wet seems to be the best word to use to describe what it's like here this morning. I have no particular plans for today so I guess I can clean up the layout some more. That usually seems to attract calls concerning work outdoors or calls from my father wanting something done, but who knows, maybe no calls will come and I can actually get something done. I'm also expecting a small package or two in the mail today. One is a small camera and the other is an Atlas FP7 that I bought for parts. I think it's someones detailing project that was never finished as all the molded on grabs, etc have been sanded off. The detail kit with the grabs and all is supposedly included with it. Who knows? If it's not botched I may install them myself just to have something to do. I bought this unit on the supposition that it has the 70's era Roco/Atlas drive that I can put under the 70's era FP7 UP shell I have or use pieces from the drive to fix the drive that came with the UP unit. It just needs the front truck replaced. If this new one turns out to have the 80's era drive and it runs good I'll just put the whole drive under the UP shell and be done with it. That would give me two FP7's with the 80's era drive. I have two others, one with the 70's era drive and the other is a 70's era unit that's been repowered with an Athearn motor and shafts. I know there's a lot of people thinking that can't be done as an Athearn motor is too big. It's kind of like pushing a grapefruit into a six ounce can but it can be done. You just need a big shoehorn and be willing to chop up the frame a bit! Well, enough about that.

P1011120.jpg

Good morning folks.

The weather guessers are doing a good job of hyping the 3-6 inches of snow we're suppose to get.:rolleyes: It's enough snow to cause a few problems but not enough to panic over. Some people need to remember that we live in Minnesota where in tends to snow and be cold. We haven't had much measurable snow this year so I guess this is a big deal. Two years ago we were getting 6-8 inches of snow every week.

The house hunt officially starts on Sunday. A realtor friend of mine is going to show us a few houses to get us started. A problem I'm running into is finding one that's suited for trains. The newer houses are all finished with a family room and a couple of bedrooms in the basement. It's starting to look like I'll have a bedroom to build a layout. The only problem with that is I'll have to scrap a good portion of the current layout in order to maximize the space. The upside to that problem is I'll basically have to build a new layout with portions like my trestle section being reused.:D My wife thought that sounded expensive. I told her I could reuse all of my buildings and a majority of the track and turnouts. She doesn't seem to believe that I won't spend a tone of money redoing the layout! Smart lady!:D

Time to get back to work.
Have a good day everyone.

I got a little Nippon Cam300 camera in the mail today. Nothing grand. It's good for taking VGA quality photos. The photos are stored in the cameras internal memory until downloaded via USB cable to a computer. The photos come out with this quality:

6f8d1385-e277-48ef-a49f-09b816f847d5.jpg

Thunderstorms coming through here now so I gotta scram! Rain, rain, rain.

I got a little Nippon Cam300 camera in the mail today. Nothing grand. It's good for taking VGA quality photos. The photos are stored in the cameras internal memory until downloaded via USB cable to a computer. The photos come out with this quality:

6f8d1385-e277-48ef-a49f-09b816f847d5.jpg

Thunderstorms coming through here now so I gotta scram! Rain, rain, rain.
wow thats a nice pic it only has internal memory not bad at all

I've come to a decision about the Atlas FP7 with the broken truck. I want it running tonight. I have an Atlas GP40 that has a flaky motor. I've looked at the trucks. They're the same as what's in the FP7. So I'll take the front truck from the GP40 and put it into the FP7. When the other FP7 comes in, probably next week from the looks of it, I'll check it out really good. If it runs well I'll keep it together and get parts for the GP40 some time time in the future. I'm not eager to get it running anytime soon. But I want this UP FP7 running tonight!

Well the FP7 is fixed. I test ran it first on DC to see if all was well. Naturally it wasn't. The front wheelset of the front truck kept derailing on the curves no matter if they were left or right. I checked the gauge of the wheels. It was fine. So then I put my glasses on and gave it a real close look. I could barely see it. The pickup shoe of the right front wheel was riding on top of the wheel. Using a flat tip screwdriver with a 1mm wide tip I pushed the pickup shoe up, back and down behind the wheel where it belonged. I repeated the test run and this time it was perfect. So then I hard wired in a Digitrax DH123 decoder then programmed it on the program track. A test run on DCC went off perfect. I installed a pair of Kadee #148 Whisker couplers and called the project done for now. It needs a few little parts but they're purely cosmetic.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN3229.jpg

DSCN3230.jpg

Good Morning:

Thanks Karl, Happy Friday to you too!

It's 29° and overcast at the Jersey Shore this morning. Later, it's supposed to rain.
If I leave the cars out on the driveway maybe it will rain hard enough to wash off the accumulated road salt:).

Need to get off my butt and do some sorting of my own.

Have a good day!

Joe

well its 62* going up to 85* but it looks like new england is going to get hit with another snowstorm, i just need it to be gone by monday so my son can get outta logan :eek:

Good morning. It's 51° with 92% humidity and there's a slight possibility of rain. The high will be 62°.
condmc-1.jpg
cond20.jpg

Today will involve a little more work on the layout I think. I also intend to look at the broken truck I took out of the FP7 last night. Apart from the broken off retaining tabs there's nothing wrong with it mechanically. Maybe I can drill into what's left of the tabs and glue in something to do the job the tabs did. What do I have to lose? A broken truck? Some time? Hey, free time was made to waste. Besides which, this could be fun.

P1011446.jpg

Back