Coffee Shop XXXVI-2/4/2013

Good morning. It's 37°F with 81% humidity. It'll be sunny with a high of 65°F.
condsunny-1.jpg

More layout cleanup on tap assuming I don't get side tracked by something/someone else. I'm also contemplating some light outdoor work. The drawers and other pieces ripped out of my kitchen cabinet last year are still laying out in the yard. Maybe it's high time I get them down to the burn pile. Such things are known to attract scorpions, snakes and any number of pests.

P1011695.jpg

Hiya gang
Isn't it amazing how the honey-do list grows?
Now SWMBO wants me to:
a) carry in firewood (Ok, not so bad),:cool:
b) the front door needs a new whatchamacallit to hang a wreath on, (she has em for all seasons), :rolleyes:
c)the master bath door sticks (It has since we bought the house):rolleyes:
d)she wants a new fixture with a longer spout for the tub im the laundry room,
and:(
e) she wants to bathe both the cats today.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

All this before I've finished my 1st cup of coffee!

Right now I'm praying her Mother will call and want to go shopping, then I can take a nap!;)

L8ter!

e) she wants to bathe both the cats today.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Bathing cats! What fun! I used to do that quite well. First there was the 50 point safety check list then putting on the suit of armor. The chasing, roundup and catching of the cats was also needed. That was the easy part! As soon as the cat sees the bath water it instantly transforms into a whirling cloud of teeth, fur and very sharp claws while making the most horrendous noises ever heard outside of planets colliding. This is when you start giving serious thought to getting your health and life insurance checked out. Do they provide as much coverage as what you now think you need in the event that the cat gets free? Do such policies cover mauling by PO'd house cats? How many scratches can the human body withstand? Brother you're about to find out! Man mauled by wet cat! Film at 11!:D:D:D:p:p:p:eek::cool:

One time my friend got some cat relaxer pills from the vet so his kitty would mellow out for a 200 mile car ride when he moved to a new town. I helped him move and was along for the ride. The cat seemed ok with it. :)

Mike

I put the new tractor to work today. Went down and hooked the trailer up to it then came back here and loaded the trailer up with the drawers and bits and pieces from my kitchen cabinet as well as a water heater box. Took that all down to the burn pile and unloaded it. Then moved a few dozen edging pavers for my niece. Then I showed my nieces husband how to operate the new tractor putting special emphasis on DO NOT step on the brake pedal (only foot control on the thing) until the drive lever is in neutral. Pressing the brake while the drive lever is in forward or reverse will wear out the drive belt real fast. After that I parked it in the shed and came back home. Nothing more to report at this time.

I got some photos today of my mothers 1962 Lone Star Medallion ski boat. It's name is 'Myna Bird'. We had intended for the work on it to be completed when she would be able to see it running again. Unfortunately she passed away before that could be done. Work was completed this last week and today my nephew took the boat out on it's initial trial run. The results couldn't have been better if it were brand new! Low speed performance is great and the top speed clocked out at 54 mph. Not bad for a heavyweight like that. I really wish she could have been here to see it go out and back. She would've been so happy. I would have loved to get some shots of it on the water but I was too late for that.

The dent in the front in the first photo is where hurricane Rita dropped a tree top on it. Fortunately it was just an empty hull then.

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l608/scott-running-bear/DSCN3214.jpg

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l608/scott-running-bear/DSCN3216.jpg

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l608/scott-running-bear/DSCN3217.jpg

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l608/scott-running-bear/DSCN3219.jpg

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l608/scott-running-bear/DSCN3220.jpg

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l608/scott-running-bear/DSCN3223.jpg

Good Morning:

Happy President's Day.

It's 18° and Clear along the Jersey Shore, meanwhile, it's 41° in Clarksville, TN, which is where I'm at right now. (Rode in on the Last Train;)). New Grand daughter is a little sweetie:). Heading East later in the morning.

Have a great day!

Joe

Good Morning

CCold and sunny this morning...posta get to 38F later on this evening..and, of course, do it's raining kinda thing tonight....

Off today, so get to do a fair bit of trainroom stuff...after spending all day yesterday and Saturday doing honey do and get things...

Have a good day!!!

good morning its only 36* here brrrrrrrrrrrr only gonna get up to 67*:eek:

Brrrr,,,, harumpfff!:rolleyes: People up here still swim in the bay at that temp!:D

21 outside right now, that will raise little goosebumps on ya, so ya gotta trade the short sleeved shirt for a long sleeve.:rolleyes:

Brrrr,,,, harumpfff!:rolleyes: People up here still swim in the bay at that temp!:D

21 outside right now, that will raise little goosebumps on ya, so ya gotta trade the short sleeved shirt for a long sleeve.:rolleyes:

ppppffft. It's only 15F here.....:rolleyes:

Need an ice chipper to get into the pool this morning...:eek::rolleyes:

Good morning. It's 57° with 86% humidity. There's a fair chance of rain. The high will be 68°.
condmc-1.jpg
cond50.jpg

I'll try again at some layout work today. I'm moving pretty slow after all the activity yesterday and I ache all over. Hopefully today won't be so busy.

P1011363.jpg

you laugh the girlfriend has long pants on & the dryer going & the stove heating up the place lol:p

Well I didn't get very much accomplished today. Too busy watching TV and recovering from yesterday. Put the trash out today for collection in the morning. It's been raining most of the day here, light at times and heavy sometimes, plenty of 25-35mph wind gusts. I have a doctor appointment in the morning. Just a general checkup.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1011123.jpg

Right now at 11:30 pm in the middle of february in the winter season it is 50* degrees outside. I love it because I'm saving money on my gas and electricity bills. :)

Back