Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Wednesday, April 3, 2013

anim_coffee.png

POUR_COFFEE.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN

Good Morning!

After a taste of Spring, we are back to below average temperatures in spite of lots of sunlight. Last month the average temperature was 11 degrees cooler than the previous year, and is reflected in my heating expense.

I'm beginning an "inventory" of my rolling stock and locomotives. Right now the only freight cars on my layout are Athearn Blue Box or Yellow Box kits, plus some old Roundhouse kits built in the '60s. Over all, they look pretty good, although there are some coupler height issues. Might be a good idea to change out wheels and perform some maintenance.

Everyone have a good day.

Joe

Good morning. It's 46° with 100% humidity. Showers likely. The high will be 65°.
cond70.jpg

The word for today is rain. We're getting lots of it. I guess I'm caught up on my sleep now. I hadn't had much lately so it was no surprise that I was very tired yesterday afternoon. I laid down for a short nap and woke up about 3am. It was raining to beat the band. Since the computer was still on I had a look around online, made a posting or two then shut it down and went back to bed. Woke up again at 9am.

Today I plan to do some grocery shopping. The food stamp card is reloaded so I can get some of the stuff I need. It's not much, just $49 but that's something at least. I'm also going to see if I can find a PS2 to USB adapter so I can use my old keyboard. I'm getting really aggravated with this new one and I'm about to snap it in two! The keys are too low and really sensitive and they're too small for my big fingers. I'll keep it around as a spare.

DSCN3474.jpg

Today's high has been changed to 55°. There's a 15 mph northeast wind coming across the lake that is making it feel even cooler. Got the grocery shopping done and got them put away. I checked at Wal-Mart, Radio Shack and a local computer service place but couldn't find an adapter for my old keyboard. So instead I bought a USB keyboard that has the keys at a height I'm more comfortable with and it doesn't have those 'specialty' keys scattered all over it.

No plans for today except lay back and relax. I would run a train or two but there's parts I salvaged from the old computer laying all over it at the moment.

I put my old computers hard drive (WinXP) into an external drive casing and I'm now scanning it for viruses and other nasty stuff. I don't think anything will turn up but you can't be too careful. Once that's done I'll be able to pull up my favorites list and transfer it over to Windows 8. That list was started back when I was using Win98.

Well it's time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN3502.jpg

Good Morning, All:

it's 34°, and sunny at the Jersey Shore. The wind is supposed diminish, which "may" allow "springlike" temperatures this afternoon.

Have a great day

Joe

Good morning. It's 43° with 100% humidity. The high will be 58°.
condmc-1.jpg
cond20.jpg

Well I guess today I'll clean up the layout a bit and boot what's left of the old computer out the door. It still has the media center and Zip drive in it. Both of those quit working several years ago and I had no need to remove them. The old DVD drive (doesn't like to open and sometimes forgets there's a CD/DVD in it) will be opened up for looting! There's got to be some goodies in there that I can use.

DSCN3452.jpg

The old DVD drive (doesn't like to open and sometimes forgets there's a CD/DVD in it) will be opened up for looting! There's got to be some goodies in there that I can use.

Usually 3 can motors and a whole bunch of little screws in each one,,,happy hunting!!:D

Good Evening

Got all kinds of outdoor work today...as well as w**k w**k Even found a bit of train time in that lot as well...

Going to be an early evening here...have a good night all!!

Well I didn't get the old computer out the door today. Maybe tomorrow. I got most of the salvaged parts put away. A powered 4-port USB hub that's made to fit in a 3.5" bay, three EIDE hard drives (80G, 6.5G and 8G), two port USB add-on board and a two port USB add-on that plugs onto the main board USB jacks. I may be able to reuse them at some point. I put the 80G drive in an external USB drive case and have it hooked up to the computer. I've been transferring my favorites bookmarks from it to my Firefox bookmarks.

I took the DVD drive apart and salvaged three small can motors.
DSCN3538.jpg

The computer case with the media center, media center harness, power supply, main board and Zip drive will be going out with the trash.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN3516.jpg

Good Morning

Sun but a little cooler today...still another dry day for us!!

Got another doc appointment to attend to today...see about my white blood cell count....hopefully nothing else shows up....then it is off to find a few things that disappeared in our house...again..:mad:

Good morning. It's 42° with 100% humidity. The high will be 72°.
condsunny-1.jpg

Today I have some freight cars to put away, about eight of them. I may leave a couple on the layout for a while. There's still computer related stuff to clear away, screws, wires, small circuit boards, etc. Maybe later I'll be able to run a train or two. I may have to get my left thumb checked out. I popped it out of joint somehow last night. I popped it back in this morning after discovering it. It seems all right, no swelling or anything. Time will tell. If it gives me a problem I'll have the doc look at it.

DSCN3432.jpg

Got most of the excess freight cars put away. I left two 50' boxcars on a dead end spur. In other news the ignition relay on my van gave up the ghost this morning. It will no longer trip the starters relay. So I disconnected my starter button wire from the ignition relay and spliced it onto the trip wire for the starters relay. Works like a charm! Press the starter button and power goes from the battery to the starter relay via the starter button. It'll suffice until I get another ignition relay. I went to my fathers place to see if there was a ps2 keyboard connector to USB connector there. Nada! The only one I could find was a USB to ps2 keyboard port. Just the opposite.

Be back later.

Back