Coffee Shop XXXVI-2/4/2013

Good Morning...

Another dull day forecast for us'uns again...sigh...high of 36F....yay

Have some stuff to catch up on this fine morning..better get at it...

Good morning. It's 48° with 89% humidity. The high will be 70°.
pcloudy-1.jpg

My eyes feel much better this morning. The left one still twinges a bit and is still a little blurry but it seems to be improving. No plans for today.

This mornings photo rather matches my sight about now.
P1010094.jpg

Good morning, and happy good friday. It's 37, and mostly dark, with pockets of light under most street signs.

Gee Bill, I haven't seen cups like that since about 1950 when stopping at the Taumaranui refreshment station on the NZR main trunk line.

[YOUTUBE]2VdbwmJX70Y[/YOUTUBE]

Good morning. It's 53° with 100% humidity. Mostly cloudy now but it'll clear some later. The high will be 77°.
pcloudy-1.jpg

Well I feel more or less normal today. Still have some minor irritation in my left eye but my vision has cleared up a lot. I don't need sunglasses to look at the screen now. No particular plans for today. I may work on the layout later. I have the GP7's, GP35 and slug running this morning. I may switch them out later and bring in the four FP7's for a while. The decoder in the slug gave up the ghost last night so I had to change it out. The old one had pre-existing damage but it was good enough to run the motor when it was put in. Guess the damage finally became to much to bear. I just finished speed matching the slug this morning.

P1010140.jpg

Good Morning

We have SUN!!! Yes, that bright yellow orb is in our skies and...our skies are blue!! No clouds at all!!!...YAY!!!!!

Going to see about getting some new building kits from the storage room and see to getting something built this weekend....

Good Morning all, and to you too, Mr. Hippy Dippy Weatherman!:D

This line wasn't in that you tube clip, but this was a line he used in one of his albums, with Al Sweet The Hippy Dippy Weatherman.

"Our radar has picked up a line of storms running from Memphis to St.Joe, (sings) From Natchez to Mobile, from Memphis to St. Joe.
Our radar has also picked up a flight of Russian ICBM's, so I wouldn't sweat the storms."

George Carlin, 1970

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a few things on the layout put away today and the GP7's, GP35 and the slug got a good run. The last couple of days I've been watching a lot of my Star Trek 'Enterprise' shows. I'm up to the last DVD on season two. Two more seasons to go. I've got them all as well as the all the movies, the original series and the animated series. I hope to someday be able to get the entire Star Trek 'Voyager' series. I don't care much for the Next Generation and DS9. Looks like we might get wet this weekend and the weather guesser is talking about rain all the coming week.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010138.jpg

Good morning. It's 59° with 100% humidity. There's a fair chance of rain. The high will be 78°.
condmc-1.jpg
cond40.jpg

It's very cloudy here. No rain yet. I have no plans for anything today. Just whatever comes up I guess. Looks like the next thing I'll be needing for the FP7's is #37 Kadee couplers for the pilots. Modifying the rear coupler mount for a #148 is easy. But doing that kind of modification on the pilot would require more work. It's far easier to simply mount an undershank coupler. Two packs would do it. Guess Ebay would be my best bet.

P1010197.jpg

Greetings earth people! It's 57* degrees and sunny in an obscure unknown town, lost in the vast ohio wilderness. I have some funding now.......so will I get more train stuff?.......or a 1/8 scale nitro RC offroad racecar? Maybe another RC helicopter? Perhaps a Digitrax Zephyr Extra? Replace toyota clutch? I could do a few of these if I went wild. It's be outside weather now so trains might have to yield until later.

I'm leaning heavily toward pulling the trigger on a losi eight 2.0 RTR nitro buggy. My friends have a private mega-huge RC dirt racetrack just a mile out of town. Hopefully I can help get it ready to shred rubber soon! :)

I received a box today that contained eight boxcars, four of which require varying amounts of work. Just little things like couplers, trucks, wheels. The other four were ready to go. Most of them have already been weathered. Saves me from doing it. Two however weren't. One is a MDC 50' insulated plug door boxcar (171185) that needs couplers. The lettering on it is so glossy the light reflecting reflecting off them was about to scorch my retinas. The other is a Cotton Belt 50' double door boxcar (SSW 47295) that looked new and had crisp clean white and yellow lettering and logo. Two minutes work involving a paper towel and some 91% alcohol took care of that. It going to require a little work on the underside. One wheelset is rubbing against part of the frame. A few seconds work with a Dremel will solve that problem.

DSCN3516.jpg

I landed a good score today on Ebay for five packs of Kadee couplers. Two packs of #147 underset shank Whisker couplers and three packs of #119 SE shelf couplers for one portrait of Andrew Jackson. I was looking for an FP7 that had a low price on it but it looks like somebody beat me to it. Went down to my fathers place today for dinner. Chili dogs. We watched Wheel of Fortune afterward then I headed back home.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN3521.jpg

Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Sunday, March 31, 2013

HAVE A HAPPY EASTER!

easterbunny.png

anim_coffee.png

Coffee-pouring.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN

Good Morning

And Happy Easter!!!

We had sun and a high of 58F here yesterday...gorgeous day was had by us'uns...

Get to do neighbourhood BBQ this afternoon..provided we do not get rained on....

Back