Coffee Shop XXXIX-9/21/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you got a good deal on your ebay stuff Jeffrey! ;)

Just wish I could sell more of the stuff I have listed on fleabay. :( It's not like its overpriced, I think everybody is scared to spend any money! :confused:

Sounds like you got a good deal on your ebay stuff Jeffrey! ;)

Just wish I could sell more of the stuff I have listed on fleabay. :( It's not like its overpriced, I think everybody is scared to spend any money! :confused:

I'm not sure myself that pre-Christmas is a good time for selling used MRR stuff. Other things tend to take preference. My new club is having it's second annual buy$sell this Sunday, gonna take some stuff down, but won't be surprised if selling is slow.

Good early evening,
I've been fighting a cold for the last couple of weeks and today it seems as though it's really acting up! Good thing I just received the order of stronger multi-vitamins I ordered a couple days ago as I think they are helping.

I found I had to regauge a couple of my new turnouts as I guess I didn't check it close enough when building them, not too big a job fortunately.

Have a good Friday night.

Happy November:

It's been a busy week, considering I had nothing planned. I rebuilt my reverse loop, eliminating bumps, vertical curves, irregular and reverse cross elevation. I pulled up the track, sanded the roadbed, soldered 10' of flex track, and cut to fit. I tested the loop at several speeds and both directions using my Athearn RTR CNJ SD40, which will find all track defects. No exceptions taken. Start ballasting tomorrow. Once this is done, I have four more curves to rebuild.

All of a sudden, there's a ton of leaves to rake, and the town's not coming until after Nov 29, to pick them up.........

Have a great weekend!

Joe

All of a sudden, there's a ton of leaves to rake, and the town's not coming until after Nov 29, to pick them up.........
Joe

We don't live in "town" so we have to fend for ourselves with leaves. Wife & I will each take a lawnmower and push them into windrows. The the self propelled push mower comes out (its a mulcher) and we will run it down the rows a few times and the leaves magically disappear!! Now it I can just get my neighbors on the plan,,,,heck I'll even let them use the mulcher!

Well I feel a bit better than I have the past few days but still a bit puny.

Been looking around on Ebay today for more stuff for the Apple IIe's I'm working on. I'll list them here as links and you can click them to look at the items if you wish or you can ignore them. Item #1 is a Z80A CP/M co-processor card. Item #2 is an Apple Disk II disk drive. Item #3 is an Apple IIc disk drive modified to work on an Apple II, II+, IIe and IIgs via a Disk II controller card. I had to have this simply because it's unusual. #1 and #2 are for my mothers old IIe which I'm refurbishing.

Only other thing accomplished today was I got my bills paid. I paid most online. My father dropped my payment at the loan office and brought me the receipt.

I watched 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' today. First time I've watched it all the way through. It was a bit tough watching Dumbledore get killed but at least it was Severus Snape that did it and not that cowardly weasel Draco Malfoy. I still laugh when I think of him being transformed into a ferret. That was very fitting!

Time for me to call it a night, or rather a morning as it's after midnight here. See y'all later.

P1010003-37.jpg

P1010005-24.jpg

P1010017-5.jpg

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Sat 11/2/13

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

POUR_COFFEEa-Copy.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

High temperatures will range from 50 to 45 degrees with partly cloudy skies. Winds will remain steady around 14 miles per hour from the west. No precipitation is expected.

2mfc7lu.jpg

You have Batman.....you have Spiderman. And now....introducing......Thruster! (I've always felt like a thruster.....in a railfans body. :rolleyes::cool:)

Mike,
you are up to early, go back to bed :rolleyes:

Karl, you are up early this morning.

Happy Saturday, All! Nothing in particular planned for today, I do have a layout to work on. And there is football this afternoon, and Hockey tonight. And.....tonight is the time change.

Joe

Good morning. It's 55° with 82% humidity. The high will be 74° and feel like 69°. Sunny with some clouds.
cond026.gif

Decreased the number of Mickey's relatives by one this morning. Score another one for the snap traps. The glue traps as usual came up empty.

No particular plans for today. I may work on Paradise Cove later if I feel like it. Nelson Street is almost done.

P1010021-4.jpg

Whoops! KCS 4743 is on the ground!
P1010009-11.jpg

P1010004-28.jpg

Another one joins the fleet!
Fresh out of the erecting shop. Looking forward to a few shakedown runs at a friends pike, then final touch up and light weathering. All the CV's have been programmed, and it sounds Mahhhhvelous! ;)
Mikado painted 003.jpgMikado painted 001.jpg
This started like as an old Mantua (red box, cast gearbox) Mikado kit. The boiler had some cracks, so I tossed it and placed a Pacific boiler and steam chest on her, added a can motor & flywheel, a Bachmann tender (the original had cracks too) and a host of detail parts to make it a USRA Light Mikado. But with that boiler, it's anything but light!
The kit was given to me by a former club member, and mentor, Charlie Bullinger 2 years ago. It was always one of these "I'll get to it " projects. When he passed away this summer, I started on it in earnest. I think Charlie would have liked this.:)

There was a train sale...:rolleyes:
I went to my LHS today, and they were having a sale on all HO locomotives, 50% off store price. I couldn't resist, and got an A-B set of Genesis B&O F7s, an Intermountain SD40-2W in CN, and an Athearn RTR SD40 in ATSF. Other than a couple of minor missing parts on the CN unit, everything looks and works great. The sale is running until probably next weekend, so I may make a return visit. There was a second SD40 calling my name while I was there today, but my credit card started smoking, and I had to leave the extra engine there.

So kinda like Grandpa's ax handel 2wis head 4 times still Knocks The STACK OFF

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much to report. I didn't get any work done on Paradise Cove. I did however finally complete my collection of Harry Potter movies. I found a Deathly Hallows 2 DVD online for $4. That's the total price, nothing extra for shipping. So naturally I grabbed it. You don't find deals like that every day.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

Remember to set those clocks back!

P1010003-35.jpg

P1010007-13.jpg

253.jpg

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Sun 11/3/13

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

Coffee-pouring-Copy.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

High temperatures will range from 48 to 41 degrees with mostly clear skies. Winds will remain steady around 5 miles per hour from the southeast. No precipitation is expected.

2mfc7lu.jpg

This is kind of funny.....I ordered some small RC car wheels from Tower Hobbies. Selected cheap two dollar shipping. Thought it would be mail service but no it's United Parcel Service....UPS. Shipped out 10-30-13 from Illinois...and I'm in Ohio. So far it's been to New Jersey and now currently in Maryland. Says three business days left to go....Wednesday? It's taking a while but I'm really getting my money's worth on the mileage......lol! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back