Coffee Shop XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I survived working BLACK Friday! I worked the Christmas Tree Tent for 6 Hours......Hey made $10.00 in tips:D! Got off work and bought a 18 pack of beer:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Tomorrow more of the same thing!:p;)

<STEVE B.> I'll Pray fer your friend! To The land of three jobs fer him... I got three jobs now:eek: County Parks, Lowe's, and starting my lawn service back up in spring!:eek: Yes THREE Jobs....What doesn't kill me now, probably will sneak around to the back door and shoot me.:rolleyes:

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010665.jpg

Morning All, about 43F here in Blunose country, about 16" of snow covering the property except where the blower did it's job. It's supposed to turn mild and I guess it's happening.
Great photos on the main page this morning. Great modelling David, I just had to visit your album, well worth the visit excellent work.
Bench work coming along great, soon have to think about a track plan for it. Wish this dam computer was working properly then I could download some photos from the camera.
Y'All have a great day and enjoy.
Cheers
Willis

Hi Willis,

Well now, doing all the bench work without a track plan is getting fairly adventerous I'd say but possibly can be very interesting too! Are you also building a wood frame base? That's about the only way I know how to do it but I sure am starting to run into some difficulty as I put in the front track work before I put up the back risers fort he upper line but even though I have a very rough track plan I'm feeling my way along as I go to ensure things will fit in as planned or close to it hopefully. If not I have to revamp things so everything will fit in but it still much the same as what your doing which takes a considerable amount of forethought and pondering to get things to turn out right.

One thing I didn't want that seems to be happening anyway is too much straight track that seems to be what the upper line might turn out like so I'd better take steps to ensure there is at least a slight curve to some of the upper back line to make it seem more natural, at least to me as some variation in running, especially for the earlier time period is more prototypical as they most often followed the contours of the land. Indeed at the Old Raymond store and beerhall they have some pictures showing that not only did the older trains follow the contours as to going around big rocks but also literally followed the slopes and rises very often in a roller coster fashion! I'm sure not going to get that adventerous on the main line but possibly when I get to doing the logging area I might try a bit of that?

Well I just checked my bread in the machine and it seems to be coming along very nicely.

I just looked at the clock and again it's 9:00 Pm and again no work on my RR today again. This just can't keep going on.

Talk with you later Willis

Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin gang:D
All is as good as can be this morning. Little by little I am getting more back in my right side, soon we can lose the walker!!!!:D Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.
Hopefully I can get to the basement soon!!!!There is another P2K D&H PA that needs a sound decoder!!!

oh, and David, yellow type is hard on the eyes.;)

Good morning folks.

It's another dreary day in a retail wonderland! Today is starting out slow but yesterday was crazy busy. That's actually not very common in a men's clothing store the day after Thanksgiving. Usually everyone is chasing phantom savings at the mall. Yesterday I felt like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest!:D

I was interviewed by the local TV station this morning. It was for a story on 'local business Saturday'. I'm sure I looked and sounded stupid. We'll see tonight on the news I guess.:eek:

We went and purchased one of our Christmas trees last night. I like a Frasier Fir which doesn't grow well around here so we bought one from the YMCA tree lot. My wife grew up with long needle trees so we go and cut one down every year at a tree farm. It's actually quite entertaining. Walking around with a saw while looking for the perfect tree makes me feel like some sort of lumberjack!:cool: We'll go cut down the tree tomorrow since you kind of need day light to see what you're getting.:)

Back to work I guess.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Good morning. It's 72° and cloudy. The high will be 76°. Wind is SSE at 9 mph with gusts to 21. There's a 70% chance of rain at the moment going up to 80% this afternoon.

No real plans for today as it's quite possible I won't have power later. That depends on the severity of the storms. There's a big band ranging from light to heavy coming across east Texas and it's coming right at us.

P1010675.jpg

Mornin gang:D
All is as good as can be this morning. Little by little I am getting more back in my right side, soon we can lose the walker!!!!:D Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.
Hopefully I can get to the basement soon!!!!There is another P2K D&H PA that needs a sound decoder!!!

oh, and David, yellow type is hard on the eyes.;)

Hi Karl,

Glad to hear your making a steady recovery, keep it up!

Thanks for mentioning about the light color, I wasn't trying to make it hard to read. Actually I meant for it to be a bit darker.

Good morning. It's 48° and cloudy. The high will be 52° and it will be partly cloudy. There's a 30% chance of rain this morning. The projected low tonight is 32°.

I may get a couple of small weathering projects done today. Other than that only general maintenance is planned. It's too wet to do anything outside as it rained nearly all day yesterday and into the night. Not heavy but enough to let you know it was there. As my father calls it too little to do much good but enough to make you mad. I didn't sleep well last night so I may grab a nap today.

P1012779.jpg

Hello all,
Karl Your a lucky man, the woman i work with went home to find her husband dead a few days ago, he'd had a stroke to poor fella but unfortunately nothing could be done to save him,
you gotta count your blessings every day you wake up i say.

Well i picked up the MRR collection today that i have to sell off, there is approx 50 locos and several hundred wagons and coaches and a load of structures from the 1970's and 80's mostly Hornby. Sad it's gotta go but i am buying some of the locos and stock for myself ;) not told the wife yet but hey ho

Good afternoon to all,

Say Karl

My Mom had a large stroke a little over three years ago and after reading on Health Science Institute on the web about four different items I began giving them to her and they kept her in very good shape by keeping her mentally alert as well as keeping her veins and arteries clean for good blood circulation.

These are all available at most health food stores or over the web from, All Star Health.com, the least expensive place I found to get them.

Nattokinase: Is an enzyme that gets into the blood stream and litterally consumes all the fatty deposits and other junk and will even disolve Clots and leaves no residue of any kind from what I read.
Ps: I take this stuff myself and prefer the, 'NOW' brand.

CAUTION: Natto is a bit of a blood thinner so as your probably taking some form of blood thinner now you should check with your doctor so as to not thin your blood too thin.
The Nattokinase might just take the place of any additional asprin you might be taking, if you are?

Hupperzine 'A': This works to keep your mind thinking sharply, it brought Mom out of Dementia on at least three different occasions, [different times when she was with out it]!

Alpha Lipoic Acid: An Antioxidant which is needed.

DHA - Consentrated Omega III Fish Oil: This is supposedly aide the other stuff to work properly.

Hope this helps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon to all,

Well now I have car problems with my Eclipse GST, I had two belts break, one yesterday as I turn onto my road so I only had three miles to go but the engine was pretty hot at that point and I shut it off to close the gate. It started right up and I pulled up around behind the house and shut it off so now I'm trying to see about havine it fixed.

Hopefully it's nothing but the belts that need to be replaced but I'm afraid it may be a bit more?

That's my only car, that's operating, it was anyway and will be again without too much expense hopefully.

It seems like there is always something in life to set us back.

Hope all is well with everyone else.

Good morning folks

It was 52 as I headed out on the crowded highways this morning. Our high is supposed to be 66 F.

I just realized that I did not make it to the forum last week.

It was a good Thanksgiving holiday weekend. We had a good Thanksgiving family dinner. While the turkey was in the oven we went and saw the Muppet Movie. We enjoyed the movie. It was a good uplifting movie that brought back some memories. The kids were actually the ones that picked it which was a welcome surprise from a couple of teenagers.

My wife and I for the first time in a decade succumbed to Black Friday and went shopping late on Thursday night. For the first time we were actually successful and got what we went for. It was something my son wanted and needs and we could not pass up the price.

The rest of the weekend was spent doing things around the house. We raked the leaves and cleaned out the gutters. We got the outside Christmas decorations up. It was the first time in years I didn’t freeze my fingers off doing it. We also did the bi-weekly grocery shopping.

Now for the big news. I got the workbench cleared off. I even found the last projects I was working on. I have four Accurail wood box cars to weather and a repair to an Atheran U33C locomotive. I have to glue the bell back on. I even got a few things off the layout.

Tonight my son has his Boy Scout troop meeting. He needs to decide if he is going camping this weekend.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back