Coffee Shop XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda noisy here tonight. The wind is NNE at 10 mph with gusts to 20. A piece of old corrugated vinyl panel hits the front slope of the roof during the gusts and makes a thunk, thunk, thunk sound. Not loud but enough I can hear it without it being irritating. At least there's no rain in the forecast tonight.

Tired tonight. It's been a busy day for me, so it's time to hit the sack. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN0713.jpg

Good morning folks

It was 46 F when I headed out on the confused roads this morning. Our high will be 48 F with 50% of rain.

It was an uneventful evening last night. We had a normal night at Cub Scouts. My daughter heard from her volleyball club coach and practices start in December. We have a tentative schedule and of course we have conflicts with things. We are trying to rearrange a few things to resolve some of them.

Tonight I go and pick-up my new glasses.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning. It's 47 and sunny. The high will be 63 and it will be partly cloudy.

Nothing much going on today. I have to go to Lowe's later to pick up a few things and I have to clear some project debris off the layout. I need to get it done today as tomorrow I have to attend a dinner at my father's work site. He insists on it.

PB040145-1.jpg

I found some stuff today that's great for cleaning dirty rails. It's called 'Krud Kutter'. It's a stain remover that's a concentrated cleaner and degreaser. Just wipe it on, allow it to stand a couple of minutes then wipe off. The amount of crud that comes up is amazing. It will even take off old dried latex paint with a bit of scrubbing. Now, a warning. It says non-toxic on the label but take it from me, you don't want to use this stuff without proper ventilation. It will really get your head spinning. On the price side, it's $1.99 for a four ounce bottle, a bit less than a three ounce bottle of Goo-Gone at $2.98 (I got it for $2.83 as I got a discount for using my Lowe's card). I tried the Krud Kutter on an exceptionally dirty piece of track and after less than a minute it was cleaner than new with no greasy film. Don't use it on varnished surfaces or leather.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon guys,
It was 47* this morning, it's now about 67* and supposed to get down to 49* tonight so it's not real cold but rain is coming tomorrow so they are saying?

Terry, It always bad to hear about loss of life from storm's/tornado's hope your friend/coworker is ok?

Jeff, As far as you being required to go to dinner, at least it's probably a free meal so that ain't all bad and there maybe a surprise of some sort for you there?

I still having problems to get things posted on the web site I'm trying to put together
and it gets frustrating to say the least when I'm trying to get product and pricing posted.

Maybe the Vendio site is the wrong one??

Say Jeff, That KK sounds like some rifle bore cleaner I got, Montana Extreme, and it really is leathal too as it's an extremely high Amonia content. Too deep a breath if too close will asphyxiate a guy right now!

Guess I shouldn't mix the two different hobbies but what you said just reminded me of that.

Say Jeff, That KK sounds like some rifle bore cleaner I got, Montana Extreme, and it really is leathal too as it's an extremely high Amonia content. Too deep a breath if too close will asphyxiate a guy right now!
The MSDS says it contains less than 20% phosphoric acid.

This is from the hazards identification of the MSDS:

Emergency Overview
Physical State: Liquid
Color: Light green
Odor: Odorless
WARNING!
Causes severe eye irritation.
Potential Health Effects
Inhalation: Expected to be a low inhalation hazard. Inhalation of mist or vapors may cause irritation to the mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract.
Eye Contact: Causes severe eye irritation. Exposure may cause eye tearing, redness, and discomfort.
Skin Contact: May cause mild skin irritation in sensitive individuals. Exposure may cause redness, itching, and inflammation of skin.
Ingestion: Not expected to be an ingestion hazard. Exposure may cause gastrointestinal irritation, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and other systemic effects.
Chronic Health Effects: None known
Target Organ(s): Eye
OSHA Regulatory Status: Hazardous; Consumer Product Use: Exempt

It's wet, it's slippery, you can barely see the end of the hood on your car, PUT THE GD CELL PHONE DOWN AND DRIVE!!!!!!
Sign I saw in Arkansas some time ago: Get off the f****** phone and drive!

Good morning. It's 36° and partly cloudy with a 9 mph E wind. The high will be 64° and it will be mostly cloudy.

No layout work today as I'll be attending a holiday dinner at my father's work site. The fun starts at 11 am and continues until ??. Yesterday I was experimenting with two cleaning liquids. I tested them on exceptionally dirty track I got from various sources including some old rusty steel track. The contenders are Goo-Gone and Krud Kutter and I must say that the Krud Kutter is out in the lead on the dirtiest track I've tried it on. With a little scrubbing it took most of the rust off the steel track leaving only some of the heaviest pitted rust. I don't think track in that condition would be in use on any model railroad except maybe on an abandoned stretch of track or a scrap pile. I found that the Goo-Gone leaves a film behind. Whether this is good or bad I don't know. The Krud Kutter leaves no film and will remove dried latex paint. I think I'm liking this stuff.

Ever heard the old question 'Where were you when the lights went out?'. Well last night I was in the dark. The power went out about 7:30 and was off for three and a half hours. During the first hour and a half I had my electric lanterns going and with the aid of my LED headlight I did a bit of reading from an old sci-fi book called 'After Worlds Collide', the sequel to 'When Worlds Collide'. It's a bit of a long read for most people and even longer for me as I have to take frequent breaks due to dyslexia. Can't read much when the words are moving around and the pages are trying to merge. About 9 pm I called it a night. Well, I've bored you enough for one morning.

DSCN2339.jpg

Good morning folks

It was 32 F when I rolled out of the driveway this morning. Our high today will be 46 F.

I can see! I finally got my new glasses to replace my broken pair. My prescription changed a little also. Of course getting to the optometrist last night was a nightmare. Traffic was horrendous. At one point it took us 20 minutes to go one mile.

No other excitement last night.

This weekend will be insane. My daughter has a volleyball clinic in Hatboro, PA on Saturday and Sunday. It is about an hour drive to get her there. She went to this clinic in July in Virginia. She felt it was the best clinic/camp she went and since she is getting over her broken finger she felt she could use the clinic to get ready for club season. Also this time around she is going to concentrate on the Setter position.

On Saturday my son will be going to the museum with my wife. He is going to help her with her morning Cub Scout class. In the afternoon he will be taking the Nature Merit Badge class. On Sunday he has to go to a Council meeting regarding his upcoming trip to Philmont Boy Scout Ranch in New Mexico. Since my wife is working I have to figure out how to get my daughter to her volleyball clinic and him to his meeting and then pick them up. They are both in Montgomery County but on different ends.

This weekend is also Scouting for Food collection so I will be working with the Pack, Troop, and Crew on Saturday collecting their food bags and taking into the food bank.

If I don’t show up on the forum this weekend you all know why.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning folks.

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy. Some more than others!:D I remember keeping both parents busy with Scouts, band, sports, and other things when I was in middle school. I also had an older brother and younger sister they had to cart around. I don't think they got out of the car most school nights!

I've been doing a little modeling here and there when I have a chance. I decided to stripe my city roads the other day. Wouldn't you know, the paint pen I was using blew up on me right in the middle. It started leaking white paint all over my main street. :eek: Thankfully it cleaned up fairly easily. I'll pretend the faint white residue is variation in the concrete. I can also weather it a little more to blend it in. Maybe this weekend I can get a new paint pen and finish the job.

Other than that I don't know much. Things are busy at work so at least the boss is happy with money rolling.

Have a good day everyone.

I just have time to say a quick, Howdy!"
I've been out the last couple days with my wife's back surgery.
She had rods inserted and vertabrae fused.
She is doing very well, but she says this surgery hurts worse than the last one about three years ago fusing two lower vertabrae.

It will take about 6 months to recover, so I will have to give up modeling at home. My new hobbies will be cooking , cleaning and laundry.
I WILL NOT get good at it as I don't want a permanent job. :eek:

Any useful advice??

Hi Mikey,
Just take it in stride and like Patrick says stay ahead of it if possible.

Aren't you going to be at home to where you can do some RR'ing?

Caring for someone that's laid up can get time consuming but don't forget you need some time to relax a bit too!

Take care,

David

Caring for someone that's laid up can get time consuming but don't forget you need some time to relax a bit too!
Oh man, I know that from first-hand experience. You need some time to yourself because take it from me, you're gonna want to blow off some steam.

The temp is already at tonight's low of 51° and I can see a thin silver crescent moon in the clear sky. It's been a busy day for me today and I'm wiped out. See y'all tomorrow.

P1012749.jpg

Good morning. It's 52 and partly cloudy. For the high today it will be 72, partly cloudy and more humid. There will be a 10% chance of rain this evening going up to 30% or more after midnight.

Nothing going on today other than cleaning up a bit after some projects. Had a good time yesterday, lots to eat. I had the job of being my mother's minder and driver, both of which can be quite stressful. When passing through town on the way back home I stayed beside a tractor-trailer so it was between us and the Leesville shopping district effectively blocking any sight of SALE signs at the clothing stores and therefore was a good thing. The last thing I wanted to do was spend a couple of wasted hours in a clothing store. That woman will buy anything marked down. The only reason she hasn't brought home an escalator or elevator is because none of the stores have any being that they're all one story structures. Well hopefully today will be quiet.

P1012750.jpg

Good morning everyone.

We're suppose to get our first snow today. Just a little bit to remind us of what's to come. Last year at this time we had over a foot on the ground!:eek:

Mikey, as you've said, don't get too good at the house work. You may just have those jobs forever if you become too proficient. Ask me how I know!

No modeling for me so far this weekend but I hope to finish striping my roads tomorrow. I have a nephew's birthday to attend tomorrow afternoon so I may have to have some "me time" in the morning.

I'm off to work. Have a good day folks.

Any useful advice??

Pray a tornado actually hits the house before she comes home! Cause the first words about the condition of the house will be, "Looks like a tornado hit my once clean house!" And when she comes home and tornado actually did hit it, all the mess goes with it!;):p Just saying.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back