Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning folks

A little milder this morning than the last few. It was 55 F as I headed out to work. Our high is supposed to be 68 F. With all the rain and mild weather I may have to mow the front yard one more time.

We have pounds of candy from the kids’ trick or treating. I think we have enough to last us until Easter. The kids split up this year. My son went his friends and my daughter went with her friends. For a while last night they were hitting the same houses but then went different ways at the end of the block.

We heard back from the masonry contractor who is going to be repointing our house and the work should be started and completed before Thanksgiving. We have been trying to get this done for two years. Every time we would get ready to schedule the work something else would come up.

I sealed the wheels and added them back to the LV, PC, SCL, and N&W boxcars.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/1/2007

Wind Chill: 56°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 54°F

So Far Today
High: 59°F
Low: 56°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NNW

Important Message

Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 AM cdt this morning.

Today High: 78 Widespread dense fog with visibility one quarter mile or less at times in the morning. Otherwise mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable winds becoming north around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 52 Increasing clouds. Lows in the lower 50s. Northeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

P9120479.jpg

Man, our place was like Grand Central Station last night! (Like how I got a train reference in there?) We gave out $80 worth of candy! And that was the big bargin bag stuff! There's a lot of kids around our neighborhood!

Morning everyone!

Hope everyone had a safe night last night.

Weathers back to normal around here today.....high 50's - low 60's. They're talking about possible snow next week though, so the roller coaster ride isn't over yet folks!

Got the son's basketball practice tonight. He has his first "real" game tomorrow night. Last week was an exibition game.

So, whats up with all of you?

Phillip;

How long have you been with the phone company? My wife has been there 35years!:)

Just since 1988.

I don't hate much in life, but I think I can honestly say, I hate phones. :rolleyes:

Just since 1988.

I don't hate much in life, but I think I can honestly say, I hate phones. :rolleyes:

I know what ya mean. She does her best to stay away from them at home!;)

I personally hate pagers, I carried one for almost 28yrs. That was 24/7/365 even on vacations!:eek: During the years I worked at UAB hospital, I think I had 2 vacations uninterrupted by pages!

I know what ya mean. She does her best to stay away from them at home!;)

I personally hate pagers, I carried one for almost 28yrs. That was 24/7/365 even on vacations!:eek: During the years I worked at UAB hospital, I think I had 2 vacations uninterrupted by pages!

Thats me! As the head of the service department at the phone company, I'm on call 24/7/365. I've had one vacation in all that time that was uninterrupted......and thats only because I went to the outer reaches of nowhere in Maine for a week (on purpose, so cell phones and pagers wouldn't work!).

Afternoon everyone! Been at a meeting all morning and in a few minutes I get to drive over to the Doctors office to get my ears rotorooted.

Way back when my wife and family and I first went camping. Now this was before cell phones invaded everyone's life. I remember coming home from our first camping weekend and my wife looking at me and grinning as she said, "you know dear, that damn phone hasn't rung once this whole weekend!" Everyone that wanted to get in touch with me always called during dinner at night. The final solution (to save my marriage) was to simply unplug the thing before we ate. Now I simply ignore it most of time. I pick it up if and when its someone I want to talk to. (Futuremarket telemarketing is NOT someone I plan to talk to! Especially when I am on the Federal Do Not Call list which they ignore.) I have a cell phone but no one (even family) gets the number......... If it rings when I have it on, I know it is a telemarketer so I just let it ring. Nice feeling!

Man, our place was like Grand Central Station last night! (Like how I got a train reference in there?) We gave out $80 worth of candy! And that was the big bargin bag stuff! There's a lot of kids around our neighborhood!
If you've got Grand Central, then I've got the dentists office. NO ONE, and I live in an apartment building. :rolleyes: I remember as a kid, the apartments were the BEST place to go, less time for more people. :confused:

If you've got Grand Central, then I've got the dentists office. NO ONE, and I live in an apartment building. :rolleyes: I remember as a kid, the apartments were the BEST place to go, less time for more people. :confused:

I had about 35 - 40 kids in the two hours for trick or treating last night. Not nearly as many as I used to have. I think more and more parents are having parties with a lot of other fun things for the kids instead. Probably not a bad idea actually....

My neighborhood is somewhat isolated (not necessarily a bad thing ;) ) and all of our neighbors' kids have grown and moved away. We get a maximum of maybe 2 or 3 groups of kids per Halloween evening, but we always stock up "just in case"...

Paul B., we'd like to see some pix of that new tractor when you get it!

Last nite I sat in the computer room at the back of the house with all of the lights off. No bread jammers came to my door all evening. My wife called and said my daughter and grandson might be out but were going to call if they came. No phone calls so I guess they did not come.

I had about thirty kids . Use to have three times that number twenty years ago. I guess it's the times ! Ray I have Dish Network and now the phone numbers show up on my TV so I don't even have to get up to see who's calling.But your right when we use to go camping no phones ,Tvs or radios just the outdoors .

Last edited by a moderator:
Carey/Tom: Horrible memories with pagers are exactly why I usually forget my cell phone except on a trip: it's the same darn aggrevating thing. Most calls can wait as they did for my 50 years before buying one. Oh yeah, I can walk without holding my hand on my ear, drive my car sitting straight up or crossing the yellow line, and seldom have to rudely interupt a conversation with real person.

Like many of you guys, we had about 30-40 goblins come by. I love to see the tiny ones...half scared...but boy, do they ever light up when you give them their treat:) . Larry, if it were just me I would have been in the back of the house, but Carolyn took care of the main duties and I just watched. She knows that I would give out all the candy too quick. Well? Why not!:D :D

My neighborhood is somewhat isolated (not necessarily a bad thing ;) ) and all of our neighbors' kids have grown and moved away. We get a maximum of maybe 2 or 3 groups of kids per Halloween evening, but we always stock up "just in case"...
Is that the excuse to buy 4 bags of candy now-a-days?

Good morning folks

It was a brisk 44 F as I headed out the door this morning. Our high is supposed to be 60 F. We spent last night putting the Halloween decorations away and getting the house ready for the Thanksgiving decorations.

I weathered the wheels for the two Atlas Auto parts boxcars (Chessie & Western Maryland) and the two Trainman Boxcars (Ashley Drew & Northern). I also began weathering the trucks.

No sports or kids events this weekend. I have not had one these since July. We do have to the biweekly grocery shopping torture sessions.

I would like to finish weathering the trucks on the Atlas and trainman boxcars. Then I would like to weather them along with the other four boxcars on the bench. I need to add details to the Farm House area.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Morning all!

Game day today for my son! He's stoked!

Chilly 'round here! It's a whole 29 degrees outside right now at the house. It's a bit warmer here in the city though.

Hope that the big storm drops some rain on you folks down south that are needing it! Who knew a hurricane could be a Godsend, huh?

So what's up with you?

Good morning.

Not much happening here today. Upgraded my cable to digital yesterday. After fighting with the cable companies pos remote for the better part of two hours I went to Wal-Mart and got a new remote and programmed it to control the the cable box, TV and vcr. I'll take the cable companies remote back to them today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/2/2007

Wind Chill: 56°F
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 49°F

So Far Today
High: 61°F
Low: 56°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph ENE

Today High: 78 Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 52 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s. Light and variable winds.

P9100366.jpg

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Tom!

Mornin' Philip!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Josh, only if your diabetic..........

Good Morning All You Good folks !!! Just back from Aldis along with all the other senior citizens who get their pension checks on the first ! Did anyone notice but every time I go to grocery shop seem like the prices go up and it's about 10 percent more to buy the same groceries I bought the last time ?Oh well have a nice Friday All !!!!!!

Hi fellas, howyall?

Spent a good part of the day yesterday down in the layout room, (garage), cleaning up the workbench again! Actually found something down there I'm finding very useful. An old Mainline Modeler magazine with two Southern articles in it. One was on building a Southern NW-5, a strange beast, looks like an SW-7, with a "high hood" mounted on a GP chassis. Southern had one and I believe the GN had the other 4 that EMD produced.

The second article is most useful right at present. Its on improving the Smokey Mountain, (Funaro) Southern wooden caboose. :D Its very timely, as a friend recently gave me 4 F&C kits for this model. He had started one, but he says being 86, its time to start getting rid of his stuff so his wife won't have to.:(

Roy is an exquisite model builder and has scratched many cars, structures, and locos for his layout. The partial work he has done on 1 of these cabooses makes my work look very amateurish.:eek:

Following the article, I spent almost 3 hours yesterday building just one set of the intricate handrails Southern used on their cabooses. I think I'm gonna get the other end done today, and try to finish off the construction that can be done before painting it. I'll try to get some shots up for WPF on whats been done so far!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back