Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

08-30-07

:eek:

donuts_2.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Good morning folks

The temperatures are going up. It will be 89 F for the high today. It also feels like the humidity is rising also. It was 71 F as I pulled out of the driveway this morning.

I added some trees and foliage to the ridge behind the farm house on the layout.

Tonight will be busy. We have a Cub Scout Council Open House to attend. The event is an opportunity to get information on scouting events. Many local organizations that host scouting events, like the Philadelphia Soul, Philadelphia Phantoms, Philadelphia Zoo, etc will be in attendance so we can get information about them.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good Morning Everyone!

It's a bit foggy out there this morning. Looks like it might cool down a bit over the next few days. That would be fine with me! I'm getting kinda tierd of 95-99 degrees with 85% humidity!

Today: partly sunny, cooler & less humid - high: 83

Tonight: mostly clear & cooler - low: 57

Right now:

temps.jpg

Prayers have been said for all of those that are hurting and sick. I remember all of you every day in my prayers.......even those that don't ask for it.

Morning everybody, been awhile I know.

Phillip I agree, the heat gets kinda tiresome - especially when it's not summer "vacation" time anymore!

Ray - great looking 'zebo, definitely the crown jewel of your town!

Steve - that's alarming, hope you caught it in time :eek:

Josh - hope you get that ditch light issue worked out, that's one thing I haven't had the nerve to attempt yet. In fact, it has alot to do with my choice of era (early 1990's) since it wasn't until 1996(?) that every road unit was required to have them.

Even though school doesn't officially resume for my kids until next week, they're doing soccer so I'm still quite busy shuttling them to-and-from practices and games. Haven't done any photo-worthy modeling recently, just installing more decoders as I find the time to do so. I also want to put in LEDs instead of bulbs, since they won't melt the plastic shells.

I wish there was some way to setup an avatar for a specific thread (namely this one). If so, I would nominate Old97's "Coffee House Gang" photo - that one really "says it all"!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning
High of 88 today with 96% humidity. On top of that there's a 50% chance of rain today and tonight.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/30/2007

Heat Index: 80°F
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 74°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.01"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph SSE

Today High: 88 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

litter.jpg

Mornin' Paul! You and my Dad must be related - 4 o'clock in the morning?

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Tom! Have fun at the Open House! Always good to chat with a fellow Scouter. BTW, are you a member of OA?

Mornin' Ken! Thanks. I'm hoping that this will end up with enough detail to be a qualifying scratch built structure for the NMRA Structures Certificate.

Mornin' Philip! Amen to your last paragraph sir!

Gonna be another warm day here in the Finger Lakes. I was a guest yesterday at the Academic Convocation at Hobart and William Smith Colleges. It was held outdoors on the lawn by one of their new buildings. Sitting in the sun on a 90° day wearing a black suit is not a comfortable thing to do. I ditched the suit coat very quickly. The keynote speaker was Congressman John Lewis from Georgia who was a powerful speaker! I hope and pray that the students attending listened well! We then were treated to a dinner at one of their dining halls with the congressman. Unfortunately the 2 little air conditioners that they have in windows there weren't up to the job of keeping the room cool for a couple hundred guests of the President. By the time dessert was served it was about 110°. Oh, and yes, I got to meet Congressman Lewis.

afternoon gents, spoke to a cancer nurse last night and sent a detailed picture, she says it's a pre melonoma thing that requires removal, no rush though so i'm happy now

Steve, that is great! Don't put it off though, you want to get rid of it before it makes the change to Melanoma. My brother in law had several episodes of skin cancer, some that weren't removed early enough.

*Ahhh* I guess it would be nice is Details west TOLD you what voltage bulb they include. The Genesis board puts out 1.5 volts, and the bulbs are 6 volts (from what I've read), now to just find two 1.5 volt bulbs, anyone have a Genesis unit they're not installing ditch lights in?

Today I've been doing more ballast work. Here are pics of my progress. Excuse the glue bottles and tools. The pics were taken as the work was being done.

balop1.jpg

balop2.jpg

balop3.jpg

balop4.jpg

balop5.jpg

balop6.jpg

balop7.jpg

This represents about five percent of the layout.

Steve, GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

Jeff, So......only another 95% to go!

Seriously, it looks good.

Now do you come back after the ballasting and add a little turf and some weeds along the edges of the ballast?

A little everyday and you'll soon be done Jeffery
Josh i know what you are going through with the bulbs, hang in there, i'm sure somebody will have some

How about some grafitti.

No thanks, I'll just stick with the coffee....... ;) :D It just wouldn't fit the theme of a 1925 RR ya know.

I got back home earlier today from the Dodge Dealership with both bad news and good news.

First the bad news. The problem was indeed electrical as the selonoid on the air conditioner had burned out along with a switch controlling the ??????? on the sumpthin' or other. Not only that but some other part was going to have to be replaced as well. I assured him that I was sitting down and my heart was stable and that he could tell me what this was going to set me back. He mumbled something about $350 at least.

The good news: He then said that he looked up my coverage under my contract and found that it is still within both milage and time so it will be 100% covered. No cost, zippo! He will have to order parts in so I hope it isn't too hot next week until it can be fixed. This, of course will bring on a cool spell and fall like weather as well.

Josh i know what you are going through with the bulbs, hang in there, i'm sure somebody will have some
Well I can shell the $15 for Minitronics ones, but that cuts out of the $80 MSRP of the trade unit I got in return, which would leave him with about $15 credit towards the DM&IR SD45-2. :mad: Oh well, guess that comes with the territory, if it was a paying job, he'd have to pay me more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back