Coffee Shop Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening from Camp! Just had S'mores....

Smores04w.png

The Photo of the day (at the pool):

SwimCheck10w.png

Good Night Campers!

Hi Stan, nice to see you here.
Stan, I believe your choice really depends on what you want to accomplish in the size you have. As already pointed out, you can have a heck of a lot in a small space with Nat size scale. (To Larry: :p :p :D:D)
Paul brought up a good point on the size you can handle and see. I have trouble putting N size cars on the track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Bill, Just spent the night at a local bowling ally watching a bunch of kids who spent the night locked in. My faith is truly into these kids . They were very well behaved and had lots of fun !!!!

Good morning folks

We are in the soup. It is extremely humid this morning. Temperature is 72 F with a high of 88 F. We are expecting heavy thunderstorms during the day. I wonder what that will do with my son’s first football practice of the season tonight.

I am still recovering from the Cub Scout picnic and outing at the Pennsylvania Colonial Plantation on Saturday. The foot does not bother me as much but the legs are now sore.

We spent a good amount of yesterday hitting the local sporting goods stores picking up equipment for my son for football.

No modeling over the weekend. I just never had the time.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Ray Afternoon Ray, looks like fun to me.
Stan HO HO HO HO HO,,,, maybe you could do HO in the foreground AND N in the background for the ilusion of distance

Ray - looks like you're having quite a time at theat Sci-Tek camp!

Rex - my 15yr-old son has discovered the joy of power tools, I'll delegate any carpentry-related work to him now....:D

Steve - looks like you're set to reel-in some big 'uns!

Stan - even though I'm into HO myself, if your max space is 5' by 12' I'd say go with N.

Texas Paul - had a chance to make use of that additional basement real estate yet? ;) Or are the 7-inchers demanding all your time & energy?

Rex "I have trouble putting N size cars on the track." That is why they make car railers. I have several all around the layout. Set the car on the device and roll it onto the track. YEAH

I want to thank everyone for your input on what scale to stay with on my 5'x12' layout. I think I will go with N scale. That way I can have plenty of space for railroading and I can run a outside loop of FasTrack with 048 curves for my O scale trains also. It may look a little odd, but I love running my Lionel trains. :D
Rex- Are you ready for ALABAMA football?

See ya'll later......Stan.

Evening everyone!
Things are finally coming to a close with the new room (Thank God!). Today, I installed the A/C window unit in the wall, and got the power to my wall receptacles. Only need to paint the common (old) wall and go look at some cheap indoor/outdoor carpet. Guess, I will try to get the kinks out of my body and paint that wall tomorrow. It's the one over the incline tracks and will require some stretching...oops!...no more stretching... no, no, no, no!:eek: :D

KenL: Yeah, man! Buy your son all the power tools he wants along with: hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, chisels, saws, pry-bars, and anything else for work (I mean "fun") around the house. I don't believe that I would recommend a sledge hammer;) :D :D .

Stan: I am more than ready for Alabama football. Everyone is so keyed up about Coach Saban they are about to blow a gasket. I just hope they give him rebuilding time and not expect miracles too soon.

Larry: Man, I could have used that over at WCWBrasshat's "N" Op session. I think he gets aggravated with me being so behind schedule, but its because of me knocking over the cars and having to put them back on:D .

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening Gang:
KenL: The 7+ gauge and the 1 to 1 cows are eating up my time right now. I've been looking real hard at the Walthers Hiawatha set and the Milwaukee Depot kit. I wish that they would have brought out these before I got so deep into the iron ore hauling.
Not much went on today. Mary Ann and I meet the county commishioner for our precent and went on a tour of the old county poor farm. It's very wild and in need of some TLC but very interesting. Unfortunatly no one on the commishioners court caress about it except for Jim. A real piece of history and nobody wants to take care of it or show it.
Time for bed so I'll say Good Night.

Definitly having fun at camp! I did pass on doing the "Flying Squirrel" over at COPE this evening.

LittleSquirrel13w.png

Got some budding modelers here though.... We taught them hoe to solder this morning.

Soldering03w.png

Photo of the day! This young lady is an awesome swimmer and completed her 8 lengths of the pool before any of the guys had done 4....

MileSwimPre09w.png

Hope you are having fun whatever you are doing!

Good morning folks

It is still humid although it is slightly less than yesterday. Our high with clear skies is supposed to be 89 F. Right now it is a muggy 73 F.

My son survived his first night of football practice despite the fact that they ran about 8 laps. He hates running laps. When they broke up the groups he was with the group that was running plays. The other groups were practicing stances and learning the holes.

I took some photos of the latest work I did on the layout (several weeks ago). I played around with the placement of the farm buildings. I was going to make the driveways but my wife started having some computer issues and I spent some time addressing them. They were nothing major. She was just having trouble getting a program to do what it should be doing. We found a patch, installed it, and everything seems to fine now.

One week to vacation!

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good Morning Bill & Tom ,Looks like another hot day here on the Niagara Frontier. Getting ready to head oput so hope everyone has a good day . Tropical Storm Chantal brewing in the Atlantic hope that it stays well south of us. Take care all !!

Afternoon gents,
i just collected the egg's from next door's chickens then realised they are not going on vacation untill next week, whoops, one of those senior moments i think.

Evening everyone, sorry I've been gone a while. My computers power supply went up in smoke last week and I just got a replacement today.

Evening Gang: Well at least one more day of mowing that pasture. I'll try and get it finished tomorrow, I hope. Not much else going on. At least the pasture is next to the UP main line so I can get some train watching in. Right now I'm pooped so I'll say, Good Night All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back