Coffee Shop Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mornin' all!

That's quite a view Ray!

Supposed to be an interesting weather pattern here for the next few days. Here's what it looks like right now.......

temps.jpg

But take a peek at later in the week.......

5day.jpg

After sailing through a relatively cool July (1.1 degrees cooler than normal), we're definitely making up for lost time. This will be the third straight day in the 90s, in what's looking like the hottest stretch of days we will have to deal with. 93 is the hottest temperature so far this year, and I think that's where highs will be later this afternoon.

A weak cold front approaches the state tomorrow, and may trigger an isolated storm...but I wouldn't expect much. A more impressive upper-level wave may bring a better chance of storms for Saturday night & early Sunday. It's still a few days out, this is the third day in a row computer models show an overnight event during the weekend. Right now, I think most of the daylight hours this weekend will be dry.

Well, that's a peek at what's up in my neck of the woods. What's going on with you today?

Join me for lunch, fellows? Phillip is buying.:D

Phillip: That weather, add loads of humidity, looks like Alabama's...miserable!:eek:

Ray: Beautiful view from the roof. Portly!:eek: Hahhahahaha!:D

I just heard from Carey (Cjcrescent) and he is home from the hospital and doing better. He said to tell everyone that he hopes to be back on the forum soon and thanks for the best wishes.;) :)

Phillip is buying.:D

Some things never change! I have the same "problem" on some of the other forums I'm on.

Phillip: That weather, add loads of humidity, looks like Alabama's...miserable!:eek:

That's because you get it and then send it here! Now just cut that out! Oh, and we know all about humidity, trust me!

The loss of life could have been far greater than it was. I wonder how many more are near collapse around the world. Some of these bridges are over 40 yrs old and older. I remember when they opened Interstate 69 from INdy to Fort wayne in 1966. State of the art for its time and most overpasses are still the orginals

Hey Larry, you're 35 miles NE of Indy? You must be out by Pendleton or Anderson, huh? I live around Fortville. How about that? Small world!

Hey Phillip, I was born in Clinton near Terre Haute. Does that count?:D Most all my relatives live within 50 miles of Evansville. Yeah, I'm a born Hoosier, but called Bama home since 1960!:D :D

assistant benchwork builder.

Just found out why my benchwork went up so fast;) and why my loco's have been pushed:eek:

Ken.

Good morning folks

It is definitely hot and humid here in the Delaware Valley. High today is supposed to be 93 F. It is 75 F now. We have a slight chance of thunderstorms tonight. Last it was 88 F at 9:30 PM. My son survived his first football practice of the season with full pads. He does it again tonight.

No modeling last night.

This weekend will be busy getting last minute things done before vacation. There is packing to do and we have to go shopping for a few last minute items. Also our TV in the kitchen more or less died so we will be shopping for a new one.

Modeling I would like to do this weekend is finish weathering the trucks on the tank cars and begin the foliage on the hill behind on the farm house.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/3/2007

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 76°F
Low: 72°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 95 Mostly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 72 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

eggsandham.jpg

Morning crew,

Yep it's gonna be a hot one! Glad I work indoors.

Phillip - my Dad graduated from Purdue, does that count for anything?

Ray - What a gorgeous backdrop! Where can I get one of those for my pike?

NZKen - nothing beats getting the family involved, way to go!

Good Morning ALl ! from the Niagara Frontier , Another beautiful day . I'll take the heat anyday over what happens in about 4 months time. Enjoy the day all!!!

Afternoon all
friday.gif

Ken M or in your case Saturday, good to see young un's helping the old folk's ;) :p ;)

Anyone fancy a Curry ;)

Sure is! Lets see if this will wake anyone up! We had one that didn't make it off the launch pad today. I was taking sequential shots laying flat on the ground from about 10' away (the minimum safe distance for this size rocket. All campers except the one launching are over 20' back.) I am always trying to find those "perfect" shots I think these may come close (It sure came too close for my comfort!!!). The photographs are all taken in less than one and one-half second. At that point self preservation set in and I released the shutter - not to mention tried to cover my exposed head from the blast! Remember this entire sequence is just over a second long.

BOOM!

Explosion1w.png

Explosion2w.png

Explosion3w.png

Explosion4w.png

The entire assembly landed about 3 feet from where I was..... No one was hurt! I do have to confess to a major adrenaline rush though. Notice that in the last shot, the rocket has broken off the launch pad. You can see the launching ring still on the rod. It was very lucky for me that rocket went firmly into the ground and not right at my head.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back