Coffee Shop Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning folks

Wow what a difference a weekend makes. The end of last week was hot and humid, today is mild and pleasant. It is 62 F with a high of 76 F expected. We have a clear blue sky.

We had a busy weekend with yard work and grocery shopping. We visited my wife’s new place of employment the Delaware Museum of Natural History so she could try out her knowledge on the kids. We caught a movie; Ratatouille. We finished up the weekend by attending our town’s 4th of July Fireworks.

With all that we were doing I did not get much time at the trains. I was going to do some airbrush weathering last night but I realized that I still had a few things to do on the Athearn flat cars. I forgot how much. I had to change the couplers to Kadees, remove the old damaged brake wheels and add new ones. I also had to do my normal maintenance of the trucks before I put the wheels back in place. By the time I finished with them it was too late to fire up the airbrush.

I hope everybody has a good day.

:) Morning all!
Flo, a quick cup of joe and I'm out'a here! Got to go hammer some more nails and get the job done; I know the neighbors will be happy when I am finished.:eek: :D

hi ho...hi ho... it's off to work I go...:rolleyes:

Good Morning ! Bill & Tom , Another sunny day here in Buffalo . No rain so out comes the garden hose again. The city is making a killing on my sewer rate . Oh well the price we pay for fresh produce. Well off to the patio and watch the garden grow I guess. take care all and have a nice day ! Keep up the good work Rex!!

Well folks, (pats self on back), I just finished my first eBook and sent it out to the people on my mailing list (about 600) It's called the EFT Quick-Start Method. EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Technique. It's away of clearing emotions that effect people's lives like phobias, traumas, death of a loved one, etc. Anyway, I simplified the process down to 15 pages and so far it's gotten good reviews.

Now if it translates into clients, I can build on my railroad.

Morning fellas, not a whole lot modeling wise for me going on been getting ready for my week long vacation with my wife in Vegas. When I get back I plan to wire up my layout, put it through some rigourous tests then start ballasting and adding scenery. Well I hope everyone has a great 4th of July and hope everyone is safe. See ya'll next week.

Mornin' folks!

Have a great Vacation NickB.

The phone has been ringing off the wall this morning. I have been playing phone tag with a client for several days and finally got to talk with her this morning. And my son called to say he is going to be getting a new job soon. This one pays quite a bit more $$$ but he will have a 40 minute drive to and from work everyday. At least he is putting his MBA to good use.

Today High: 92 Mostly cloudy with numerous showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

burger.jpg

Chip good on yer, hope it works out good for you

Jeffery Very big fire near our works today, scary stuff
Incident Detail
Major Chemical Incident

2nd July 2007, 6:11am
Incident number: 171
Number of appliances: 10 plus Hazmat Unit, 2 Foam Units and Mobile Fire Station with s
Address:
Red Scar Industrial Esate
Longridge Road
Ribbleton
Preston
Major chemical incident at chemical plant on industrial estate in Preston.
M6 motorway closed both northbound and southbound between junctions 29 to 32.
Approximately 62,000 litres of flammable waste liquid is burning. Attempts being made to protect a large single storey building containing a vast number of cylinders.

They're baaaaaaack.....the family, that is - from their trip to Myrtle Beach! I'm glad they all returned safe, but my laid-back mrr holiday is over. Haven't been online much because I've been focused on building that new road slug.

Rex, stay cool - hopefully you can get back to your mrr soon!

NZKen - been there done that <LOL>

Chip - best o' luck with that new book of yours!

Jeffrey - That burger's a real work of art, almost a tragedy it has to be consumed!

Steve - hope that chem fire in your neighborhood isn't still burning! :eek:

Nope, just been extinguished, only small pockets burning,,, just watched the news, all firefighters on scene in either full Chem suits or full fire gear, and a news reporter stood in the middle in his suit picking up stuff, dumb ass reporter

Steve "dumb ass reporter" is not nearly strong enough language for an idiot like that. His employer should tell him to find a new job as you are outta here Bozo. I was listening to the news this morning and all reports have said our Cigarette tax is jumping .44 as of yesterday. This reporter this morning said the tax increased to .55. The new tax money is supposed to fund health for the poor. If enough people quit smoking the state will be in the hole father than they already are. Oh well that is a politician for ya always spending money they don't have and promising the unattainable. Off my soap box now and back to the normal daily grind.
Glendia and I are going to an Indianapolis July 4th celebration Symphony Concert on the Prairie tonight. Patriotic music and seats on the lawn sound like a good time to me. I love the sound of just about any kind of music, my least favorites being Country and Opera but can tolerate them once in a while. The sound of the Orchestra going full blast and still being able to hear the triangle ringing is a really great.

Seems to me that the reporter should be treated as contaminated material. That would teach him to pick stuff like that up. He would never have gotten on one of my scenes, simply gotten a free ride in a police car.

Good morning folks

You have got to love Philadelphia area weather. One day you are sweating and the next you are looking for your jacket. We had the hot and humidity. Now it is cool. Temperature this morning when I pulled out of the driveway was 57 F. The high today is supposed to be 80 F. The best part is there is little or no humidity. One of my projects made the news this morning: http://www.kyw1060.com/pages/641765.php?contentType=4&contentId=658854 . It was a cool project to work on. Something out of the ordinary.

I finally got some modeling done. I finished weathering the two gondola, six steel reefers, and two flat cars. Now I just need to seal them.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning.

Weather for this morning scattered showers and thunderstorms will affect portions of southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana...and the coastal waters out to 60 nm. Showers will be found across interior southeast Texas and central Louisiana...with more widespread showers and thunderstorms along coastal areas and in the gulf. The heaviest activity will be found along a line from High Island to Orange to Cameron and southward into the gulf...where occasional lightning...gusty winds to 25 mph...and rainfall amounts up to 0.50" are possible. Elsewhere...expect a lightning strike or two with rainfall amounts of 0.10" or less. All of this activity is moving off to the north at 15 mph.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/3/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 79°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 73°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 74°F
Rain: 0.02"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 88 Cloudy with numerous showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

pancakes.jpg

Good Morning ! Bill , Luct , Tom & Jeffrey. I see the counter has a few people. I'll tale a coffee to go Flo , Gotta get the groceries . No rain yet but it's perdicted for the fourth . Thats Murphy's Law . No rain and then on a Holiday it rains. Well anyhow have a real nice day !!!!!

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' Tom!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Where's Paul this morning.... Oh left to get groceries.

Another beautiful day here in the Finger Lakes. Partly cloudy and in the mid 70s today. Paul is right about the weather for the next week. Probably 'cause I'm heading out to Music Camp at our Presbytery Church Camp for a week soon. I gotta run too. Gonna try to get my ears lowered before the place closes.

Evening Gang: Just a quick stop in. We didn't get to bed untill 2am this morning. We had to pick up our son and his wife at the airport. They have been up at Kodiak Alaska for a couple of weeks.
I'm headed for bed right now. So I'll say Good Night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back