Coffee Shop Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning ! Rex , Steve & Jos .Nice garden there Jos. It's sunny and dry again here on the Niagara Frontier. Tood dry lawn looks like it's not going to make it . Well gonna go get a cup of coffee sit on the patio and wonder when it's gonna rain. Have a nice day all !!!!

Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

06-30-07

:eek:

donuts_2.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Happy Saturday morning yall!

Rex/Jos/BuffaloPaul - I always suspected that Ma Nature was a pratical joker, and the following experience proves it. Vicky left me instructions to water her vegetable garden if it hadn't rained by Wednesday, and it didn't (remember my earlier post about the "dancing" T-storms?) so first thing Thursday morning, I spent 30 minutes connecting the various hoses and drenching the garden. Wouldn'tcha knowit, by Thursday afternoon it clouded up, and we've had several T-storms and it's been generally wet and misty up to this very moment. The moral of the story is, if you want it to rain, ya gotta water your garden!

NZKen - glad your finally able to get active in 'training' again!

As far as mrr projects go, I succeeded in getting all my factory-painted locos renumbered. But I did run into a serious problem with my namesake engine (the ex-GP35 road slug, #2206) - I forgot I had used white metal castings for the headlight fixture, so when I went to drill holes for it, I destroyed 2 drill bits before I finally concluded, there's no way I can ever get decent operating headlights installed on this thing:mad:! Luckily I still had the original shell that came with my Kato Chassis, so I've been cutting and grinding that down ever since late Thursday nite - a PITA, but in hindsight it's what I should've done from the git-go! This one will be much more finely detailed than the old RRP shell, and best of all: Working headlights! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning.

Bam-Bam would know what to do with that rock!

Now that the work contract is over with, it's time to celebrate. Anybody like some watermelon wine?
wmelonwine.png

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/30/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 72°F

So Far Today
High: 76°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph ESE

Today High: 92 Increasing cloudiness with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds becoming south around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

steakandeggs.jpg

Jeffery i'll have a glass and a platefull of dinner as well,
Ken L Check out weekend photo fun;)
Jos, Rex, Paul Howdy:D

Got a shock today, checked my bank statement and a freek £88.48 payment has gone out to a local shop,,, when i rang them they accidentaly charged me £88.48 but should have charged me £8.48, gotta go get a refund monday, glad thats sorted out

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey! Sounds like one of those southern type things... I give it try. 'bout a half glass for starters. I have to bring over a bottle of Earl Estates Blueberry Bounce (Mead).

Mornin' Paul! Dry to the east of you here in the Finger Lakes too. At least I don't have to get the lawn mower out this weekend. Probably going to wait 'til I get out to camp in another week to decide to rain for a week......

Steve, that is a pretty good sized pebble!

Mornin' Ken L! Washing your car or truck usually works quicker.......

Gotta go shopping and clean house. My Granddaughter (and my son and his wife) are coming over for supper tonight and the place is a mess (as usual).

Steve have you heard about the Historical Construction Equipment Assciation? I've been a member for several years. They have a magazine that comes out every 4 months and the dues are $30. I got a 5 tape set of videos from them about the Bucyrus Erie equipment. They are very interesting.
Not much going on here. I haven't gotten much MRRing done. The grass here has been growing so much that we've already mowed it more this spring then we did the last 3 years.
Time for bed so I'll say Good Night

Hey everybody! I made it rain, I made it Rain, I made it RAIN!!! All I had to do was invite my family over for a cookout. The forecast said absolutely no rain in central NY today. Chance of rain was zip, nada, no way! By the time they got here storm clouds had appeared out of nowhere. I watched them form completely over bare dry land to the West of here on weather.com. Dumped a good amount of rain here and started as soon as my family arrived and stopped a couple hours later when they left. I should hire myself out to all the local farmers by golly!

Of course I did take some time this afternoon and thoroughly soaked my garden which had wilted badly (probably got the whole thing started).

We've had a drop or two of the wet stuff over the last couple of days, they had predicted snow but that never happened.

the front yard started to disappear on us, will have to get the landscapers back to fix this one (photo attached)

I have made a start on some benchwork, a nervous time for me but the best cure is to just do it;) photos later, might start another construction thread??

Ken.

LOL Ken hope your not on an old mineshaft or drain,, is that the grass seed, gunk stuff

Yeah Steve, it's seed, fertilizer and antibird don't eat me stuff all in a spray on goo, oh and some glue to stop it from washing away. Good news is it's started to grow!!

Ken.

I hope that's not the start of a sink hole. Those are bad news!

That would be bad Jeffrey, the landscapers had a bobcat loader here and they drove all over it so I'm not sure whats happened, the rain water just poured down there....somewhere??

Ken.

they drove all over it so I'm not sure whats happened, the rain water just poured down there....somewhere??
hope they didn't fracture a sewer pipe, normally when this happens it's either that or a pipe joint has slipped out of line allowing water to wash down

Good Morning ! Bill , Jeffrey NZ Ken & STeve . Ken hope the grass gets going for you . Steve sorry to hear about those misguided idiots who ar trying to harm your people. wish someone would tell them that killing people is not the way to accomplish things. Well another party to run off to .You all have a real niceday ! P.S. Ray glad to see you got some rain but not at the expense of a cookout. We have another dry day here .

Last edited by a moderator:
We just got back from our town’s fireworks display. They put on a good long show this year. It has been a busy weekend and I tell about it later. I have not gotten any modeling done but I may still have a chance before I go to bed so I better get off of here for now.

Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide my car needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mailbox earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk Mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full. So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first. But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only one check left.

My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk, where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke as I Do so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I realize the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water, and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.
So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:
The driveway is flooded,
The car isn't washed,
The bills aren't paid,
There is a warm can of Coke sitting

on the counter,
There is still only one check in my check book,
I can't find the remote,
I can't find my glasses,
And I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled, because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Do me a favor, will you? Forward this message to everyone you know, because I don't remember who I have sent it to.

Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!:D :D

Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back