Coffee Shop Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex: My condolances to your wife and her friends family. It's tough to loose a friend like that.
It's raining here again. We have gotten 2.5 inches today and it's still coming down.The same areas that flooded a couple of weeks ago are getting it again. When a drought ends here it realy ends.
No MRRing today again. We've been running around taking care of things in town. Maybe tomorrow.
Good Night All

Man more bad news from my family to add to the already somber tone.

My sister and her husband of 30 years split up today, and here I'm planning a sweet vacation to her house for the 4th.

Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

06-27-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/27/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 82°F
Humidity: 99%
Dew Point: 76°F

So Far Today
High: 77°F
Low: 76°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph SSE

Today High: 92 Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the lower 70s. Southeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

pancakes.jpg

Good morning folks

Hot, hot, and humid are the buzz words in the Philadelphia media this morning. Our high is supposed to be 95 F (or 97 F depending on which forecast you listen to). The humidity is, let’s say heavy and you can cut the air with a knife. Temperature right now is 78 F and the low tonight is supposed to be in mid seventies. We are under an Excessive Heat Warning. The kids have football and basketball camp today and I am thinking that they will quit early. Yesterday afternoon when I left the office and got in the van which was parked in our freshly paved parking lot the temperature said 100 F. It dropped to 96 F by the time I got home.

I finished weathering the decks of the flat cars and gondolas. I also began weathering the two flat cars, two gondolas, and six reefers. Next I have to weather the trailers for the TOFC and airbrush weather all the cars.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Mornin Bill , Jeffrey & Tom from the hot and sunny Niagara Frontier !!! . I guess the heat is everywhere in the East. But a cold front os moving in which will give us some much needed rain. Not as much as those poor folk down in Oklahoma and Texas . 18 inches of rain is a bit much. But with our scorched earth maybe we could use it . Well going to hit the garden before it gets too hot. take care all !!!

Morning guys! Yea Paul it's raining so much here I'm thinking of taking the grass in my back yard and putting up a rice field instead. The humidity is the real pain. Well hope everyone has a great day.

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Paul!

Mornin' Nick!

Yep, a bit warm for my liking here today. The weatherman said it would be a high of 89°F and right now it is 91°F (feels like 94°). I have my airconditioners set at 76° so it feels like an ice box in the house compared to outdoors. Scattered thunderboomers this afternoon. We could use some rain. Don't anyone tell Fergie, but I have been watering my garden every night for several days. Going to go do some more trim painting on the city block I am readying for the layout.

Alco, Grandeman, Josh, Tom, Ray and nick Good afternoon

Rex It's been a tough week Rex, hope things improve soon for ya'll

Paul

We were up your way this time last year. We stayed in Niagara Falls on the Canadian side. One night we decided to walk down to the falls from the hotel for dinner and to see the fireworks. We left the hotel in shorts and short selves. By the time we got back to the hotel we all had new sweat pants, sweat shirts and jackets and a yearning for hot chocolate. What a difference a year makes.

On the drive up to Niagara Falls we stopped at the Model Railroad Museum in Medina, NY. It was a great place. The guy there has an awesome layout in the old NYC freight house.

:) Mornin' all!:)
Thanks Steve; things are back to norm. The wife and some of her former work buddies got together with a visitation to their friend's family. I think that helped them all. The hospital where the wife worked is a small rural hospital where everyone new each others family and all about their lives. The woman killed had two grown daughters that she put through college on her own and with one becoming an Air Force nurse. She had worked at the hospital as a nurse's aid for over 40 years before retiring. BTW: I have read where the bus driver has died and there is still one 7yr old in critical condition.

Continuing my carpentry duties on the room addition. Again, its more for closing up the area for heating/cooling than for TRAINS. Really!......Really! (I will have a good corner for a paint booth.) You guys that are miserable with your weather should come down here and work in this hot garage that is on the West side, no shade. I have two big fans going, but the inside temp is still around 95F+ with high humidity. My poor old candy butt is so out of shape that I stay beat-up. Ah, but the benefit will allow me to A/C the entire train stuff area instead of the now, main garage only.;) :D

Have a GREAT DAY!:)

How bout this

Study this picture and see if you can spot anything strange
ATT00017.jpg

scroll down for the answer

They cemented the barriers in place just fine,,, but how do they get there van out
HA HA HA HA HA :D :p :D

I had a busy day today. I got three more desks ready to go out tomorrow. My boss broke his right hand yesterday when a 1/2" drill with a 3" hole saw kicked back on him, leaving him with his right hand in a cast, so I basically had to be his hands today. Under his guidance, I built a large desk with a built-in station for a computer tower on the left end and two large drawers on the right end and recessed shelf space in the middle. That took most of the day. I finally got it all together, got the wheels on it and got it into the poly booth and put the first coat of poly on it. Tomorrow morning, I'll hand sand it then put it back through the booth for the second and final coat, then the contract will be finished. Oh happy day, I won't have to look at any more desks this year! Yippee!

Good Morning from the dry Niagara Frontier . Still no rain here. Ho well guess the graden hose will get a work out again. Take care everyone.Rex again my condolences. Just heard Our local news and 5 girls that just graduated High School together were killed in an auto accident . Young lives with such a future wiped out!

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/28/2007
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 79°F
Humidity: 99%
Dew Point: 74°F

So Far Today
High: 77°F
Low: 74°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph SE

Today High: 90 Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 90. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

The breakfast bar is open.
breakfastbar.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back