Coffee Shop Part III

Snow! yep some of it this morning, followed by rain, it's all gone now with a warmer trend for tomorrow. Anyway in this morning's paper. http://www.herald.ns.ca/Metro Ah! Well it's claimed this is not a first for this type on weather around here. If there's a choice between rain or snow I'll take the rain. Went to town during the snow fall, noticed the jackasses were demonstrating their driving skills :D

Cheers Willis

Hello all. CJ,welcome back to the land of the living. Looks like you are finally getting better,it's good to see you back on the forums there boss. Kinda quiet over here for now,just playing with a couple of old DH 121 Digitrax decoders. also,from what I can tell,it looks like,that CSX is puttting in a longer passing track on the line through Shannon. One night,I drove over to US highway 150,and looked at the SouthPark Junction,and it too was being upgraded.This has lead me to believe that CSX is extending the passing siding,but I can't confirm it. Also,last Friday evening,when I got home,I had a package on my front door step. Inside,two brand new Atlas U -30c's in L&N paint. Both are HO scale,but one is lettered XR. It's number is 1499.painted Black,gold,and white. The other one in standard grey and yellow. Anyway,that's all from me for now, I'll check back later. William.:) .

Hi all.

I know I've not been around much lately but it has been a very busy time for us. Our great-grand-daughter is growing fast, still an angel. Her mom says she is a real good baby.

We had a very quiet Christmas and New-Year, I was working back-shift for Christmas and day shift for New-Year plus Gloria has a bad knee that will need to be replaced contributed to very quiet celebrations. Our girls brought us turkey dinners, in fact enough turkey to last us a whole week...

The weather is a bit strange this year, warm and wet. We are in the cycle part that occurs every 7 to years or so. Some want to attribute it to climate change but history has shown that similar weather patterns on the east have happened before in those time periods.

Willis - I had to take Gloria to MD appointment this am, rain and ice pellets and I think the morons you mentioned came here as well.

Well I and Gloria hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and wish you the happiest year ever.

Happy MRRing.

Hi Gang: Not much going on. I've got 25 days to go now. I'm not trying to make you jellous KenL. he he he
I did get to the basement last night and tonight. I didn't do much just sorted out ore loads between Walthers and MDCs. Some how I got them mixed up. I also did some cleaning up.
Well it's time for bed.
Good Night All

Luc, yep, a very strong El Nino happening in the Pacific. It usually doesn't affect the weather here as strong as it is this cycle. However, one of the predictions of what will happen as Global Warming continues is that these type of weather patterns and storms associated with them will become stronger than usual.

The Finger Lakes is renowned for a type of wine that is made from frozen grapes. It is a dessert wine called Ice Wine. Of the couple dozen wineries along the Finger lakes that make this type of wine only one has been able to harvest some grapes that were frozen. The rest of the grapes are falling off the vines in the field and will be unusable. This is stuff that sells for about $30 a half pint and is a major source of income for some of these vineyards. This is also a major fruit (cherries, apples, etc.) growing region of NYS. An article in our local paper said that if the warm spell continues for another two weeks or so that the trees will bud out and next season's crop won't make it. That will be tough on many farmers here who are already deep in dept and barely keeping things together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of weather, this is what it's like in my area tonight. Low: 32, Clear. Lows in the lower 30s. Light and variable winds. Then it's up to a high in the 60's tomorrow. Very wierd weather for this time of year, to be sure. Normally it would be in the mid twenty's or teens here.

Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

01-09-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye. I'll be having the cheese and mushroom omelet.

cheese-mushroom-omelette.jpg

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/9/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 41°F
Humidity: 58%
Dew Point: 31°F

So Far Today

High: 45°F
Low: 38°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph NW

High: 63 °F
Low: 34 °F

Today High: 65 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. North winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 35 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 30s. North winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

First off Congratulations to the Florida Gators. I know that Gator Dave is happy!!!! Florida 41 Ohio State 14.

Jeff;

Think the weather is screwy now, just wait. Most of the models are showing the possibility of ICE, somewhere, (ie, they don't know), in the SE late next week. Hope they are wrong! Thats the last thing we need! But at least it may turn off cold enough to kill the bugs off for the summer. Speaking of ice, these folks around here have enough problems driving in the little bit of snow we get every now and then. Just think of what they could do on the ice.

William;

Nice about getting the locos! It will be good to see them run.

Later

Morning everyone!

Yup the speed demons on the Gators just showed up and left the burned victims in the Trauma Units baffled. LOL Wow what a game!

I did root for the Gators for the sake of the Florida teams spirit even though I am a SEMINOLE ...actually I wouldnt even think of cheering on the Hurricanes yuck.

Anyhow Gator Dave has gotta be happy as a new owner of a new BLI loco?
LOL

Later yall have a good day!

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

I got an e-mail yesterday that said the latest addition to the SLO&W Roster is on its way up the line to its home territory. Yep, gettin' one of those new fangled, updated and hard workin' little Richmond 4-4-0's from Micro Mark (Bachmann Spectrum). It will be used at the head of the little passenger train that takes folks to work first thing in the morning, and back home at dark around these parts. Should be here tomorrow. :D :D :D

I've been running all the locos over the line moving rolling stock over to the other yard area (kanadaigua) so that some major work can be done at Hopewell Junction. Amazing how each loco seems to find some new little problem that needs to be fixed. All of them minor (like high throw rods on the new torti installations that didn't get cut off to the proper height). Only had one car derail though anywhere on the layout. One of my big locos derailed and almost fell down the mountain.... It had found a piece of scenery that was loose, pulled it several feet and then ran over it, derailing the loco.

Hi All ,Welcome back Luc, Ray we have IceWine here also , They make it in Niagara On The Lake, Ontario, haven't heard them announce their festival yet so maybe thier having trouble withe the frozen grape harvest also. They perdicted snow for us here but it satyed farhter south so I imagine you must have gotten some . Well last post for awhile .Finally haeding to the hospital today to prepare for my procedure. So hope all have a terrific day and all !!!!

Hello everyone, what a stormy day today was, high wind's, rain coming at you sideways,,, glad i'm home.

Anyhow, don't fancy being on Montserrat at present, the Soufrière hill's volcano is showing everyone it means buisness again, it woke with a roar yesterday sending ash 30,000ft straight up and sending pyroclastic flows out 5KM, scary stuff, take a look at the pictures
Erupting Volcano

'Afternoon everybody,

No time for a lengthy post (daughter's clamoring for the 'putor and I left the laptop at work). Weather is cold and blustery, but dry.

Did some more 'acceptance testing' of the trackwork last night, a few problems but nothing insurmountable.

Buffalo Paul, hope the hospital folks get everything right this time...:rolleyes:

Texas Paul, hope you'll enjoy your impending retirement. As for me, I'm just living for today...

WOW Steve, that's certainly not something I'd want to wake up to (imagine what that probably does to a layout:eek: )

Toodles!

Well I won't be going to Montserrat anytime soon. I prefer not to have a volcano in my back yard, thank you very much.

As for retirement, I found out early on that if you don't have something to keep you busy, the biggest part of retirement is boredom.

HI All hows it going great here. Just got in from my LHS and with a little arm twisting (wasn't much ) I picked upp the (Williams ) Virginian Set (new for 2007) It comes with 2322 Trainmaster,6462 NYC Gondola, 6464-275 State Of Maine Boxcar, 6536 M&SL Covered Hopper With inter changeable loads, 6464-375 Central of GA. Boxcar, 6415 Sunoco Triple Dome Tankcar, & a 6427 Virginian N5c Caboose.

Then if that wasn't enough (this is what I really went for) My MTH Rail King 60' Santa - Fe Passenger cars came in (I ordered the whole 8 cars back in Augest ( glad I already paid for them because of the above mentioned) there going to hook up to my 2343 & 2243 sets I have. Now just need to get somewhere to run them as my layout is still in the planning staged. Have to get room finished first but now I'm motivated.

Back