Coffee Shop Part III

Hi gang! Glad to see so many here for a cup of conversation. Yes, the weather has been screwy everywhere. I am just going to enjoy the beautiful days like today. We had low 50's with pretty gusty winds into the 20mph range, but the sun was out with only a few puffy clouds around.

The wife and I took the opportunity to get in the Ford Tough truck and head up to the boondocks about 35 miles northeast of here to an area where 'Blue Creek' (sound familiar:D ) flows into the Warrior River (sound familiar:D ). This is a Corp of Engineers site for "Primitive" Camping. Beautiful country that my wife an I have camped at for almost 40 years. Hope you enjoy the non-topic photos and wish you were here to see in person.

The first is at the top of the park at an overlook in the camping/picnicking area. The dam is part of Lock 17 that cuts through the mountain. Its about a mile or so away.
The second...well of course, its ME!
The third is the Warrior River at water level.
The Fourth: It's lunch time, says the wife. In front of the truck is Blue Creek coming into the Warrior and a boat landing. About 1/4 mile upstream, the water is crystal clear with rapids and all. Great place in the hot summer;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye. Today I'll be having the bacon and eggs.

bacon.jpg

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/10/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 41°F
Humidity: 36%
Dew Point: 21°F

So Far Today
High: 46°F
Low: 45°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph ENE

High: 59 °F
Low: 34 °F

Today High: 62 Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 60s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 45 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Ya'll are just gettin up, Im just goin to bed!!! Althou those bacon N Eggs look pretty tasty but so do those donuts..thats the problem with being fat, ive never met a food I wouldnt eat..haha

Hope everybodys day is a good'n and that mine is better than tuesday!

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

I'll stick with just my coffee and some Raisin Bran this morning Flo. Gotta be good and get a few pounds off.

A bit more seasonable here in the Finger Lakes today. High of 27°F Low 17°F. May actually get an inch or so of the White Stuff tonight. Forget what it's called...... Oh! Partly Cloudy. In fact Syracuse, NY may get Two Feet of Partly Cloudy by tomorrow....;)

Rex that's a nice looking place you are at

Ray how you doing Ray

not a bad day here, nice blue sky,,, till i had to load a trailor with 24 pallets then it poured down, amazingly it stopped just as i got the last pallet on, Mmmm, then i spilled india stenciling ink everywhere, very nice. and the crowning glory of today was passing out, lord knows why.

Life is good here, Steve! Seems to going much better than yours so far today........ I'd make sure your doctor knows about that passing out. That's not good. Yesterday though, midmorning the CO alarm went off. I opened a couple of windows to air out the place and proceeded to check out all appliances that burn any kind of fuel in the house. They were all properly vented and working right. Since I had the wood stove fired up, I made sure that was vented right. Finally figured that it was because the main furnace hasn't run at all this year and the air inside the main part of the house just needed changing. This happened early spring last year also. My house though built in the 1950s, has been super insulated and sealed so little air leaks in. I made sure the window right by the wood stove is open just a crack when I am using it. So far no more alarms, and I feel better today. The last few days I had been just tired out. Think I know why. I have a gas stove for cooking and figure pollution has just been slowly building up for several weeks.

Ray a little ventillation never hurt anyone, the wife's moaning about little itty bitty draught's in the old part of the house,,, but without them we'd suffocate. I think the passing out bit and the rubber arm's and leg's syndrome were caused by me taking my med's at an earlier time than normal, oh well, you live and learn.

Steve carefull with taking those meds. Sometimes a change in routine can do strange things. I think that I'd still let the doc know what happened. Just to be on the safe side you know.
23 days to go.
I'll see you all tomorrow.
My Best

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye. I'll be having pancakes today and some orange juice.

pancakes.jpg
oj.jpg

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/11/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 40°F
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 40°F

So Far Today
High: 47°F
Low: 44°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 14mph SSE

Today High: 68 Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 58 Partly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Warmer. Lows in the upper 50s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Hey Flo fix me up a heart healthy bowl of rolled oats. two slices of rye toast and a very large glass of moo juice.
Have a great day everyone, I intend to.

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Flo, I'll have a small stack of those those pancakes like Jeffrey is having. They look good. Spent the last two afternoons and evenings working on (recording) an album by two of my former students. Both incredible musicians and teachers now (one Jr. College and the other Middle School). Got a lot of tracks cleaned up and ready to go. The drummer (another one of my students) that was supposed to do the recording had to back out due to time commitments. He lives and plays professionally in the Chicago area and just got engaged to be married. His main Gig is mallet instruments (Eastman grad). The good news is that the guys just got our High School Band Director to do the drums for the recording. He is also a professional percussionist (spent several years on the road with a "Name" band) and the set is his thing. I am really getting excited about this album. All original songs by the group.

Hopefully I will get to test out my new Bachmann 4-4-0 today.

Hi ALl , just got home last night from another stint in the Hospital. No snow in Buffal But south of there over a foot and then I get home maybe 15 minute drive north of Buffal and we have 4 inches . Go figure but thats the way the winds blow off Lake Erie can be snowing where you are and two minutes away its pouring. The Hospital . Doctor did another angiogram and found a blockage where three arteiries connect to backside of the heart . He decided it is more prudent to attack it with more medecine just what I need more medicineoh well. I see you guys got lot of new things for your operations , I sue you will be enjoying them As gor myself got a few new toys in the mail and will head up to the train room to give them a go. Steve watch those meds. When you first start taking some they can knock you out. Rex looks like your having lots of fun sure wish it was me out there . Have a great day all !

Hello Paul, Ray,
was it wild today or what, stuff blown down everywhere today, tree's electricity poles, scaffolding, roof's torn off and sadly people killed by falling tree's.

Carey since you were the last person in here to have "The dredded Plague" i'm blaming you for me catching it, OOooooooo listen to that rumble, it's not a train coming down a tunnel it's my insides

..., OOooooooo listen to that rumble, it's not a train coming down a tunnel it's my insides
Well Steve, I guess you'll need to keep a good supply of MR's and RMC's in the lav!:D Or, do you have a laptop with a wireless internet connection that you could bring in there...?

Hey everyone! Glad to see so many suppin' java and having a good conversation.
I had a great day today with the first test run of my Operations software. I invited Carey over to be my STETOSRPM (senior train engineer for testing operations software randomly produced manifest. He loves titles!:D :p ) while I handled the dispatching and make any adjustments if necessary. Things must have ran well as Carey had a smile on his face all day and even giggled a time or two. Though thinking about it, maybe it wasn't the operating. Hmmmm!:D :D
I will do a write up tomorrow in my RailOp thread about my experience with the data entries and using the software.

Hope you have good evening and a better tomorrow.

Back