Coffee shop one-three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from quack, I got pneumonia for sure! He put me on the strongest antibiotic's I can get over the counter and streight Codine! He said this I should have for the next week or so! O'well! If I'mnot better in two weeks possible hospital for me>>>>>>what else is new! LOL's

Mornin' all!

Phillip...I am sorry to hear about your Grandfather. He sounded like quite the man. I am sure your family will have many wonderful memories of him.

Rex...Love the candy bar gift! It is always nice to know that others can enjoy your gifts as well! ;)

Chris...You are gonna hafta feel better. Christmas is NO time to feel rotten!!
(not that ANYtime is ideal...)

I had a lovely Christmas, although I worked all day. I adore my clients, so most time spent with them is enoyable. Today I am working at the office. It's downtown Denver and the city is deserted today. I am the only one in the building and I am hearing every little sound. When I am the only one around, the place seems especially cavernous and spooky! Of course it does not help that I am listening to Mystery Theater as I work! :eek:

It is a beautiful day today. The mountains are getting buried and Denver is sunny and in the 40's. This morning on the local news I saw that one of the ski lifts at Silverton is buried. The lift chair is resting on the snow drifts and is inoperable. I don't think they wanted THAT much snow. They got 40 inches of snow in just a few hours. Yikes! Great skiing IF you can get to the top of the run!

Take care,
Sandy

Evening yall,

I'm gradually returning to normal but not quite there yet, let's just say I'm running on 15 out of 16 cylinders! I should've known better than to binge on the leftover turkey and mash'taters from the Christmas Eve supper...:rolleyes:

Chris - I'm starting to get concerned. I fought that disease myself back in January 1997 and it took just about every ounce of strength I had - mostly because I didn't take it seriously enough when the first coughs appeared. That trip I made to the doctors [at my wife's urging] might have saved my life, I shudder to think...

Steve - I hope your young'ens are getting thru their sickness alright, and that you are able to stay free of it - at least until the others recover!

Tom - that's great that your daughter recognized and grabbed that L&NE hopper that you'd been trying in vain to get on eBay, makes it all the more sweet!

Today I visited Home Depot plus two of the 3 LHS's that are within a 20-mile radius of where I live [yes I know I'm spoiled - enjoying it while I can!] Picked up some 4-inch diameter PVC at HD, then went to the LHS in Woodbine (not Woodstock, my hometown) and bought as many of the detail parts as I could get. He didn't have everything I needed, so I went to the LHS in Laurel to get the remainder of items. I found out the limitations of my [power] miter saw this afternoon - even though it has a 10-inch blade, it does NOT cut all the way thru a 4-inch diameter PVC pipe section! It was a real bear trying to get a perfect 90-degree angle cut across the entire circumference of each section, but eventually I got everything close enough to get the job done.

My wife, kids, and their Alabama cousins made a trip to Gettysburg today, been gone since ~8am. I'm starting to feel a bit tired again, maybe I better take a short nap while the house is still quiet.

C-U-later

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening yall,

Chris - I'm starting to get concerned. I fought that disease myself back in January 1997 and it took just about every ounce of strength I had - mostly because I didn't take it seriously enough when the first coughs appeared. That trip I made to the doctors [at my wife's urging] might have saved my life, I shudder to think...

C-U-later

Only reason I went to the DR. is cause of my wife too! It's taking me all I got to sit still and rest:( I'm not use to this..........:rolleyes:

Chris, you'll have no trouble sitting still and resting if you stop breathing. :eek: The codiene should reduce the coughing and the antibiotics will kill off the bacteria that's trying to kill you. If you don't do what you're told, you'll end up in the hosptial on IV antibiotics and getting respiratory therapy treatments. That's a lot worse than laying around the house, believe me.

Ken, I kind of overdid on the after Christmas meal too and regreted it...but it sure was good. Sounds like you'r eon the mend. That PVC pipe is tough to cut with any saw. The best luck I had was clamping iy in a vise and using those finger saws that are specially made for PVC.

Steve, nothing like sick kids and a worried mom to set you on edge. I'm sure running over a few things with the tank helped. I hope you family is better soon.

Sandy, it sounds like the Rockies finally got the snow they wanted, just a little to much. :) I always liked working the day after Christmas too. No one around to bother me and I could actually get something productive done.

Still overcast and warm here with a few showers. The high was 71 and really humid. We should get some pretty good storms tomorrow night. My entire day was spent getting funds from my CD's to corporate bonds. It's about the last refuge with any safety that you can still make any money. After that, it's stashing money under the mattress. :D I did manage to get three grabage cans painted, my total MR work for the day.

If you have a steady hand, i'd recommend using an angle grinder with a sharp blade for cutting through PVC, if not a hacksaw with fine tooth blade. :)

12-27-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress.png

:confused:

Good morning.

It's 70 and cloudy out here by the lake while we wait for the thunderstorms to move in. The high will be in the mid 70's.

Went to town yesterday and got the refunds on some gifts I couldn't use (wrong scale) then went to Alexandria and picked up an Athearn GP38-2 in UP paint with my Christmas money. UP fans need not be alarmed. I'm not going to repaint it. I got it because I needed a new chassis for one of my existing units that had a cracked frame and seemed to specialize in shorting out on turnouts. The UP shell is now on the old cracked chassis and is decorating my display rack. Transplanting the decoder from the old chassis to the new one and relinking the two locos of the consist back together was child's play and took about 10 minutes.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/27/2008

Wind Chill: 69°F
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 69°F
Rain: 0.02"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 22mph S

Today High: 75 A chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may be severe in the afternoon. Breezy. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 48 Cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Cooler. Lows in the upper 40s. West winds 10 to 15 mph in the evening becoming north after midnight.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010732.jpg

Good Morning everyone. Well I just got done mowing a customers yard today:rolleyes: I know I should resting but the boardum is getting to me:) I'm going to rest as soon as I get back from the Aquarium Store, My babies need food:eek:! As soon as I get back I'll put myself to bed;):D

Afternoon all

Me and Rob Went to the wood's for a break from snot duties today, made a nice change as well, we found some deer tracks and followed them but they disappeared over a field somewhere, one good find was an otter's den or holt whatever they are called, we intend to go early one morning and wait for them to show up

Afternoon, everyone.

Jeffrey, I'm glad the UP shell is safe. We need more UP engines around here.

Chris, bed rest does not mean mowing lawns. I hope you really are in bed now. You are what we medical folks call a "non-compliant patient". :)

Steve, that otter den, or whatever it's called, is a good find. See if you can get some pictures when you spot them. Hope the snot duty is decreasing.

It's sunny, breezy, and 76 degrees here. There are some big storms in Arkansas in Louisiana that should be making their way here during the overnight and early moning hours. The dynamics don't look particularly favorable for severe storms here but the ones west look pretty impressive. We'll see what develops.

Afternoon, everyone.

Chris, bed rest does not mean mowing lawns. I hope you really are in bed now. You are what we medical folks call a "non-compliant patient". :)

"non-compliant patient" My wife calls it, "Your being a A$$!" I'm resting now, Lap top on my lap and I'm sorta resting:rolleyes:;) Let's see how long that last:eek::D;)

Steve, Otters cook up real nice, Go well on a bed of rice!!!!!Mmmmmmmmmmmm! White wine with otter though!

Untitled-1.jpg

Otter Holt
pics029.jpg

Deer, these prints would have been done some time in the 12 hours before the ice thawed in the trees
pics024-1.jpg

We had great weather today! I rode my motorcycle almost all day. This, just a coule of days after Christmas.....in Indiana!

Ahead of the cold front, high temperatures today tied a record for this date. The record is 67 degrees in 1959 and today’s high hit 67 degrees. Temperatures will fall into the 30s behind the front overnight.

The rest of the week is a little above normal, so I may get another shot at riding....who knows?

I know I probably won't be riding Tuesday though. Grandpa's funeral is that day.

Steve, Looks like you and the boy found quite a bit of interesting nature stuff there! We have a State Park across from my neighborhood, but the only time I ever see deer is when they jump out in front of my truck at night! :eek:

Jim - I think that by Chris's reasoning, lawn mowing is a form of rest!:p

As for my pigging-out on leftovers, I'm paying the price today: Turns out I wasn't completely healed of this stomach bug after all! So I've been back on my diet of Gatorade and dry cereal :mad: At least my wife [who knows a thing or two about medicine] said this type of bug usually typically lasts 4-5 days, so it won't be too much longer now.

Tonight's my 18yr-old daughter's last evening in town, she'll be departing on a missionary trip to Jamaica tomorrow afternoon. My poor wife is sweating bullets, I have to keep reminding her that Sarah will be surrounded by plenty of her classmates while she's in "Mon" country, so she should be quite safe! ......[I hope]

As for modeling, I decided to replace the 8 little siloes on my cement distributorship with 3 large ones, since I saw plenty of proto-photos of that type after I'd finished building the original one. I want it to not look so "Walthers"...

Phillip - hang in there for your GranDad's funeral, I know it'll be tough. Dec 30 will be the 1-year anniversary of the date when my wife's father passed away, so these are rough days for her as well.

James, a quick question for you: Are you the same guy who used to call himself "OzJim" across the street?

Phillip, if the weather is good for your grandfather's funeral, he seems like the kind of guy that would want you to ride that bike.

Steve, I never knew what an otter holt looks like. Now I do. When do they go in and out?

Ken, yep, you usually feel not so bad on day 3 or 4, stuff your face, and then suffer for the last day or so. You really should be feeling much better by tomorrow. Your wife is right, 4-5 days is the average duration. That holds true for everyone but Chris, who will still be hacking away until April at the rate he's going. :eek:

I know it's scary sending your little girl away but Jamaica really is a very safe and friendly country once you leave Kingston, which I hope her group will do as soon as possible. I've spent a number of weeks sailing around Jamaica and never had a problem, except in Kingston. Even then, it was only a purse snatching, no violence. Not a place you want to stroll around after dark though. The rest of the country is beautiful and the people are fantastic. For some reason, all the thugs seem to have ended up in Kingston.

Still 68 degrees here and overcast. That line of storms is now in Mississippi. I still think it will weaken by the time it gets here but it's slowing down and may not reach us until 11 or so tomorrow morning. That's not so good, since it will have have daytime heating to reintensify. I'm hoping for a speed up so it moves through during the night time hours.

Weather is warming up a bit here, still up and down though. Means a lot of ice though. Luckily I don't have much of a reason to go outside for a couple weeks. Plus, I have a lot of work to do inside the house to last me till next christmas. Got another party tomorrow if I remember, and of course New Years. Pile that on to all the decorations needing to be put away.

Started work on a diorama tonight. Used some old foam I had laying around and some new stuff in the garage. Most of the foam I will use is cut. Now I just have to think of how I want to scene it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back