Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have been staying nicer since have not had any $#%^& fights in quite a while.

Time for me to call it a night. Low tonight will be 34, a bit warmer than last night. However it's looking like there'll be a 70% chance of rain in the morning. Another wet day in paradise. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010905.jpg

Morning all. The great Euro-freeze of 2012 seems to be waning finally. 3c (38f) this morning and back into double digits by the end of the week. (thats 50-60f)

Nice new place here. Lots of shiny clean surfaces, fresh coffee. Well done Flo. On that note, has anyone seen or heard from Chris lately? There's been a lack of monkey poo being flung about. His last login was back on Jan 4. Hope everything is ok with him.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr28*. slight wind. Gotta get warmer so I can work on the layout. Then in about a month I'll be wishing for cooler weather;)
Thanks Karl for the tweetie's ice skating on the birdbath.

Good morning.
cond006.gif

It's 38° and wet. Wind chill is 32°. Showers in the morning. Showers and a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. High will be 55°. There's a 90% chance of rain. The rain will continue tonight.

It seems damp, cloudy and wet are the words of the day today. I won't be doing anything outside today so no problem. I'll see if I can get started on some weathering work today.

P1010922.jpg

morning 17* tried to sign up for unemployment , wow what a pain in the butt:mad: im gonna weather some stuff that i still have up here :p

Morning guys; my first post in this type of daily thread. I'm curious about the weather statements. Is this just a way to let everyone know what's going on where you live? If thats the case, it's briskly cold today. Has been in the upper teens the past cpl nights. Tomorrow it will more than likely be T-shirt weather. Tis is why it's called Alabama. Lol

Never the less, I'm a Paramedic supervisor in my home town of Cullman, Alabama. Which is about halfway between Birmingham and Huntsville. To my knowledge, there are no local train clubs around here, so I pretty much have to rely on the forums to get my fix.

For the most part, I'm limited to a seasonal layout in the fall and holidays. I simply don't have the space for something permanent. Maybe someday. In the meantime, I'm starting a new chapter by leaning to model. It's seems to quench the thirst for when I can't run the trains.

All the best,

Kenny

G'day again.

Terry: thanks for the info. Just wondering if he's been ok.

Kenny: welcome to the coffee shop. Yes, weather is the universal grumble that unites all of us worldwide. :) With limited space, have you considered doing a micro layout or mini-dioramas that can be jigsaw puzzled together later?

Patrick: Happy birthday. Hope the birthday bunny brings you lots of trains. :cool:

My work day is over, the sun's going down. I make it beer-o-clock.

just came across this yamato battlehip model in japan wow!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkNrtaDNH4o&feature=endscreen&NR=1
Boy, that's a big model. One of the two biggest battleships ever built sporting the biggest shipborne guns ever built only to end as the biggest Kamikaze weapon ever. Would you believe there were two of those monsters? Yamato and Musashi. A third, the Shinano was converted to an aircraft carrier during construction. The original plan was for five. The last two were cancelled.

Yamato - Commissioned: 16 December 1941 - Sunk 7 April 1945 North of Okinawa.

Musashi - Commissioned: 5 August 1942 - Sunk 24 October 1944, Sibuyan Sea 13°07′N 122°32′E.

Shinano - Commissioned: 19 November 1944 - Sunk by the submarine USS Archer-Fish, 29 November 1944.

Have I mentioned I'm a history nut?

Morning guys; my first post in this type of daily thread. I'm curious about the weather statements. Is this just a way to let everyone know what's going on where you live? If thats the case, it's briskly cold today. Has been in the upper teens the past cpl nights. Tomorrow it will more than likely be T-shirt weather. Tis is why it's called Alabama. Lol

Never the less, I'm a Paramedic supervisor in my home town of Cullman, Alabama. Which is about halfway between Birmingham and Huntsville. To my knowledge, there are no local train clubs around here, so I pretty much have to rely on the forums to get my fix.

For the most part, I'm limited to a seasonal layout in the fall and holidays. I simply don't have the space for something permanent. Maybe someday. In the meantime, I'm starting a new chapter by leaning to model. It's seems to quench the thirst for when I can't run the trains.

All the best,

Kenny

Hi Kenny and welcome to the Coffee Shop. Always super happy to see another Bama Boy on here. There are a few of us: one from Smoke Rise; two from Hoover; myself from T-town (Probably forgot someone). Perhaps you would like to come down sometime and have a layout visit at my place and you can meet some of these guys in person.:) Also, there is very good club located at the McWane Center in B'ham called the Wrecking Crew. Many of the members also come over to my place for Operations and good'ole fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
..........Nice new place here. Lots of shiny clean surfaces, fresh coffee. Well done Flo. On that note, has anyone seen or heard from Chris lately? There's been a lack of monkey poo being flung about. His last login was back on Jan 4. Hope everything is ok with him.
ROTFLMAO When Larry commented on how the old place was dingy and the new clean, the first thing I thought of was WHERE'S CHRIS!:D:D:D

.........What I never comprehended untill I took more college courses was how WWII was really nothing more than a restart of hostilities from WWI. If a lot of issues had been resolved properly, much of WWII probably wouldn't have happened.
Exactly! And this is why Patton (some say Churchill) wanted to keep going past Germany in Europe and MacArthur later on in Korea. ;)

Exactly! And this is why Patton (some say Churchill) wanted to keep going past Germany in Europe and MacArthur later on in Korea. ;)
Yes, looking back through history it's plainly evident that the agreements, treaties, etc made at the end of the WWI were actually the start of WWII. All that was needed was the right trigger.

Even before Korea Patton was sure Hitler had the right idea in going after Russia. He simply picked the wrong time and place.

And welcome to the coffee shop!!

Kenny: welcome to the coffee shop. Yes, weather is the universal grumble that unites all of us worldwide. :) With limited space, have you considered doing a micro layout or mini-dioramas that can be jigsaw puzzled together later?

Yeah, I've given it a lil bit of thought. It's sickening to think of starting all over with a different scale though. Lol...But quite honestly, I got used to the perks of DCS and can't see myself going back to being tethered to the track again. Something about kicking back in the recliner and having every resource to control that train and all it's functions. But I will admit not knowing too much about DCC and it's capabilities, but as time goes on, I will admit thinking that either a HO or N scale could give me something to run at least in between seasons.

Hi Kenny and welcome to the Coffee Shop. Always super happy to see another Bama Boy on here. There are a few of us: one from Smoke Rise; two from Hoover; myself from T-town (Probably forgot someone). Perhaps you would like to come down sometime and have a layout visit at my place and you can meet some of these guys in person.:) Also, there is very good club located at the McWane Center in B'ham called the Wrecking Crew. Many of the members also come over to my place for Operations and good'ole fun.

I may just have to take you guys up on that offer. I have occasionally ran across a few people that lived here in Bama while lurking on the forums over the past year or so. I've heard about the McWayne Center group, but yet to ever make it down there to see their layout. I guess eventually I'm gonna have to get up off my keester on one of my off days and venture out of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back